• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Far-right activist handcuffed herself to Twitter's building

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Far-right activist Laura Loomer handcuffed herself to Twitter's NYC building

laura-loomer.gif

Laura 'Looneytunes' Loomer.

11/29/18
Far-right activist Laura Loomer handcuffed herself to Twitter's New York City headquarters for about two hours on Thursday afternoon to protest the company's banning her from the social media platform, then asked police to remove her. Loomer attached herself to the building's front door, blocking the entrance to the building in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood in a protest that was live-streamed on Periscope, which began at about 3:45 p.m. ET. Twitter closed the conservative firebrand's account a week ago after she posted a tweet criticizing Minnesota Rep.-elect Ilhan Omar, a Democrat, and her Muslim faith, calling Omar "anti Jewish" and pro-Sharia law. At one point Thursday, Loomer yelled through the doors of Twitter's building, telling its employees that they worked for an "evil" company.

Twitter released a statement during her protest, saying, "We have notified the relevant authorities who are responding. The account holder was suspended for violating our policies. New York police officers at first asked Loomer to uncuff herself from the building's door citing a fire hazard, but she refused. Another officer told NBC News he had "no idea" who Loomer was. At about 6 p.m. ET, police, at Loomer's request, used a bolt cutter to cut through her handcuffs. She was not arrested. Twitter in recent months has banned from its platform some other far-right figures, such as conspiracy theorist Alex Jones for violating its terms of service.

Lulz. Good riddance.

Related: Right-wing conspiracy theorist Laura Loomer gets roasted after staging a failed Twitter HQ protest

Twitter's just like "Drive carefully now!".

What about Twitter is there to irk someone to that extent?

Am I mistaken in thinking that thing to be annoyed about with Twitter is the users and what they tweet?

She'll probably be working at the White House or FOX by next week :mrgreen:

I always hate it when purported conservatives act like wacky liberals.

She couldn't find a non-Muslim driver? What is it with right-wing blonde commentators (this Laura, the other Laura, Coulter, et al.) and their dislike for Arabic types? Could it be that they secretly harbor desires they have to suppress through hostility? Should my Arabic 9% take heart? (My Jewish 9% already feels guilty, however).

I always hate it when purported conservatives act like wacky liberals.

I’m fine with it. If she had acted like a conservative she would have mailed twitter a pipe bomb.

Back
Top Bottom