• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fantasy time.

webrockk

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The date: November, 2020.

The circumstance: The first staunchly conservative black is elected POTUS.

The question(s): Would leftist's immediately drop their current and prolific accusitory 'racist' labeling of ideological opposition...... suddenly shift gears and rally the troops around parroting statements like "Well, shucks...she's a great lady....we just disagree with her ideology"?

Or:

Would such an occurrence render lefties speechless, redfaced, and rolling on the floor in apoploptic seizures?

Here's a question: Is this topic entirely designed to bash left leaning individuals while offering nothing constructive in the manner of debate or discussion, while also ignoring the fact that the current Chairman of the Republican party, Michael Steele, is black and could easily be an indicator of the answer to this question?

Can you answer the questions....or is *predictable* diversion all you got?

Here's a question: Is this topic entirely designed to bash left leaning individuals while offering nothing constructive in the manner of debate or discussion, while also ignoring the fact that the current Chairman of the Republican party, Michael Steele, is black and could easily be an indicator of the answer to this question?

And we have a winner! What makes it even more amusing is many of us liberals, probably most even, try and avoid the accusations of racism.

I'm still not sure who you are describing as leftists, its a very relative term, who exactly you are claiming the leftists are saying are racists, where any specific examples of whoever you name in the first two questions are, why you choose to use such wording that regardless of whatever answer someone chooses it paints the leftists in a negative light, AND where is your argument or example as to why the labeling these leftists undertake is in fact racist if not something else.

I kinda need these answered myself...

And we have a winner! What makes it even more amusing is many of us liberals, probably most even, try and avoid the accusations of racism.

Pavlov was spot effing on.

An honest lefty (oxymoron) would attempt to answer the questions. Shall I copy / paste threads / comments devoted to labeling your ideological opposition as 'racists'?

Pavlov was spot effing on.

An honest lefty (oxymoron) would attempt to answer the questions. Shall I copy / paste threads / comments devoted to labeling your ideological opposition as 'racists'?

An honest lefty only bothers to answer honest questions, not bait.

An honest lefty only bothers to answer honest questions, not bait.

So...it's "bait" when a conservative presents an intellectual conundrum for the left, huh? Shall I....you know....copy / paste some lefty "bait"....?

Or....maybe, you'll answer the questions instead of doing everything possible to deflect from them.

The date: November, 2020.

The circumstance: The first staunchly conservative black is elected POTUS.

The question(s): Would leftist's immediately drop their current and prolific accusitory 'racist' labeling of ideological opposition...... suddenly shift gears and rally the troops around parroting statements like "Well, shucks...she's a great lady....we just disagree with her ideology"?

Or:

Would such an occurrence render lefties speechless, redfaced, and rolling on the floor in apoploptic seizures?

It depends on the individual person and their views. . . we cannot get inside one's mind and figure out how they might react in the future. Nor can we forsee how race will even possibly be an issue 10 years from now - odds are, it will be far less of an issue then than it is now.

However, from what I've witnessed, I expect to possibly find accusations of being a 'race-hater' coming from republican blacks to democrat blacks - but those situations will be few and far between.

So...it's "bait" when a conservative presents an intellectual conundrum for the left, huh? Shall I....you know....copy / paste some lefty "bait"....?

Or....maybe, you'll answer the questions instead of doing everything possible to deflect from them.

You realize that for a leftist, or anyone, has to assume and admit that leftists, whoever they are in your ideas, are accusing others of being racists and not only accusing others of that but also are mistaken in their accusations. Its a big deal to accuse someone, or an entire political leaning, of racism and its just as big of a deal to accuse someone else of making false accusations especially for political reasons.

Perhaps if your phrasing didnt force potential answerers from assuming that stance you'd find more willing participants to your question, but I honestly just think youre here to bait people and in rub it in their faces when you feel you've won or proven something.

Individuals and their views.....like those the Tea party rallys may have attracted?

Racism is widespread on all sides of the political spectrum. Not just from Liberals against Conservatives, etc.
Some of it is baseless - but othertimes it's quite obvious that people *are* racist.

During the election racial tensions ran skyhigh and haven't quite come down, yet - a lot of racists seem to come out of the woodwork and things have been quite rocky since then.

But blanket beliefs and and statements are always overreaching - not everyone in the tea-party is racist - and not everyone whose a liberal believes they are, nor are all liberals racist.
Some, though, are and do.

IMHO, the left sometimes plays the race card in a dishonest way for the sake of political gain, and it's ok to make a thread about it, but I don't think it's ok to speculate about what people would do in a hypothetical situation, especially if you're trying to smear someone based on what you think they would do. Let's talk about things that have already been done, but in a different thread. This one fails.

Back
Top Bottom