• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fantasy Hockey

Maybe it's me that is confused. But... can you play 3 goalies on a given week?

You can and should set a lineup for each day. You can play 2 goalies each day.

You can and should set a lineup for each day. You can play 2 goalies each day.

I think there's is a minimum number of games played on each given week for goalies. I believe the number is 3? If you have less, then you will not register any points in any of the goalie categories.

I think there's is a minimum number of games played on each given week for goalies. I believe the number is 3? If you have less, then you will not register any points in any of the goalie categories.

Yeah, that is why I carry a third goaly, that plus improving the chance of shutouts and wins.

CJ, never done this before, and still only 2 points from first place.

Yeah, that is why I carry a third goaly, that plus improving the chance of shutouts and wins.

Yeah, I made a mistake in benching my goalies too soon. I had a good avarage and didn't want a bad performance to drag it down. I missed out on at least one win because of that. I think from now one I'm going to keep my goalies in as long as they're playing for better or worse.

Woo hoo, first place baby.

FYI, I intend to take the trophy this year whether you all are playing or not. :2razz:

CJ made a great pickup. Stamkos was available due to his injury, and with him getting ready to come back, CJ grabbed him.

CJ made a great pickup. Stamkos was available due to his injury, and with him getting ready to come back, CJ grabbed him.

Commish, can we get a couple of these roster spots, please?

New IR+ roster spot in Fantasy Hockey
Yahoo Sports has introduced an IR+ roster spot for Fantasy Hockey this season.

Players eligible for this position will have the following injury designations:

Injured Reserve
Day-to-Day
This roster position is in addition to the current IR spot, for which a player is eligible only if they are on the official NHL injured reserve list.

Commissioners can add this roster spot by using the Edit Roster Settings tool. They may add up to five IR+ roster spots.

This way, when someone's hurt, we could pick up a replacement, then drop the replacement when the hurt guy gets better.

Commish, can we get a couple of these roster spots, please?

This way, when someone's hurt, we could pick up a replacement, then drop the replacement when the hurt guy gets better.

We have an IR slot. Select a player that is on IR in real life on your team, and he can be moved to IR slot.

Yeah, considering he was my first pick in the draft and I lost him for over 2 months, I kind of deserved to get him back so I took him early.

I did the same with Quick, my third pick, who I also lost for over a month - although Quick hasn't been too great since his return - doesn't bode well for the US Olympic hockey team.

We have an IR slot. Select a player that is on IR in real life on your team, and he can be moved to IR slot.

I know, I have someone on IR, but we only have one spot and it's only for players designated on IR. This IR+ works for players designated Day to Day and we could have up to 5 of these IR+ roster spots. That would be hugely helpful. C'mon, Redress, be progressive. :D (j/k - it's totally your call)

I know, I have someone on IR, but we only have one spot and it's only for players designated on IR. This IR+ works for players designated Day to Day and we could have up to 5 of these IR+ roster spots. That would be hugely helpful. C'mon, Redress, be progressive. :D (j/k - it's totally your call)

I am babysitting right now, but I will look into it when I get done. Can you believe preschool is closed for the day even though the ice, sleet and snow will not start till tonight?

How many slots you all want for this?

This should be done with 2 slots available. If any one has a player eligible please test it out for me.

This should be done with 2 slots available. If any one has a player eligible please test it out for me.

Thank you, 2 slots is what I was going to suggest. I do have an extra guy on IR so I'll let you know if it's up and running.

Edit: I put another guy in that IR+ spot. The way it works is that you push the little button as if to swap him with another player, and if he's designated IR (or Day to Day) IR+ comes up as an option. Now I can go pick up someone else.

Last edited:
Don't forget to get your rosters set, games begin again Tuesday.

Oops, I got lazy and left everyone on the bench yesterday. Oh well. Just FYI this is the last regular season week and everyone of us is in the play-offs. That means anyone can still win it, even if you haven't done anything with your team since early on. Just sayin'.

And damn it Redress, I can't seem to do any better than to play you to a tie.

Oops, I got lazy and left everyone on the bench yesterday. Oh well. Just FYI this is the last regular season week and everyone of us is in the play-offs. That means anyone can still win it, even if you haven't done anything with your team since early on. Just sayin'.

And damn it Redress, I can't seem to do any better than to play you to a tie.

And I spent all last week with a player I could have put in IR+ playing...

Damn you CJ, you passed me right at the end of the week. I was all set to celebrate my making it to the finals...

Looking at the numbers, I'm not confident.

Congratz CJ on winning this year!

Call me the Denver Broncos.

Back
Top Bottom