• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana

Verthaine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Wait a minute, hot tub time machine 2??? All my prayers have been answered and I can die happy. Off to imdb.

Great news for you business. Terrible news for those of us who detest reboots.

Of the Fantastic Four series? Oh c'mon, the last ones were awful. The only thing they got right was casting that dude from Nip/Tuck as Dr. Doom. I think a reboot is exactly what the franchise needs.

I agree.Other than Chris Nolan's first 2 Batman's (wasn't impressed with the third), I also detest reboots,especially when it comes to horror movies (Friday the 13th,Halloween,A Nightmare on Elm Street,Evil Dead,etc all sucked.).

'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana (Exclusive) | The Wrap Movies

This is fantastic news for me.My catering company is already started the "American Horror Story:Coven" catering gig and we are halfway done with catering "Hot Tub Time Machine 2".Hopefully when the FF reboot and POTC 5 does come down here,my company can snatch those catering contracts.
Sorry Canada,but your loss may be my gain.

Hey good on you. I just hope they get around to casting the damn thing. It's still a blank slate on imdb.

It starts filming 2015.Pays to start putting out feelers,bumping up my companies resume',and schmoozing the right people. I always have an eye out for opportunities down the road.

Wait a minute, hot tub time machine 2??? All my prayers have been answered and I can die happy. Off to imdb.

I was about to say the same thing. "Hot Tub Time Machine 2!?!?!! Sweet!" :lol:

I wonder which era they'll be going back to this time. The nineties, maybe?

I was about to say the same thing. "Hot Tub Time Machine 2!?!?!! Sweet!" :lol:

I wonder which era they'll be going back to this time. The nineties, maybe?

According to IMDB, it looks like they've replaced John Cusack with Adam Scott (whom I like, but not as a Cusack replacement). No word as to the time period, though.

According to IMDB, it looks like they've replaced John Cusack with Adam Scott (whom I like, but not as a Cusack replacement). No word as to the time period, though.

Yea... There's absolutely no way he can match Cusack in that role.

Cusack's more of a "beleaguered and eccentric everyman." Scott tends to play smarmy douchebags in most of the roles I've seen him in.

Yea... There's absolutely no way he can match Cusack in that role.

Cusack's more of a "beleaguered and eccentric everyman." Scott tends to play smarmy douchebags in most of the roles I've seen him in.

You should check him out in Party Down. He's definitely more beleaguered in that show, and he's playing a very sympathetic character; but he's still coming from a very sarcastic place (unlike Cusack in every movie ever). Also, Party Down is just hilarious across the board.

'Fantastic Four' Reboot Moving Production From Vancouver to Louisiana (Exclusive) | The Wrap Movies

This is fantastic news for me.My catering company is already started the "American Horror Story:Coven" catering gig and we are halfway done with catering "Hot Tub Time Machine 2".Hopefully when the FF reboot and POTC 5 does come down here,my company can snatch those catering contracts.
Sorry Canada,but your loss may be my gain.

Congratulations, and good luck!

I agree.Other than Chris Nolan's first 2 Batman's (wasn't impressed with the third), I also detest reboots,especially when it comes to horror movies (Friday the 13th,Halloween,A Nightmare on Elm Street,Evil Dead,etc all sucked.).

And Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The original is fantastic.

I, however, loved the Evil Dead remake.

And Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The original is fantastic.

I, however, loved the Evil Dead remake.

I've not seen the Evil Dead remake. I am hesitant because the first is such a classic, and I hate it when reboots screw up the classics.

I've not seen the Evil Dead remake. I am hesitant because the first is such a classic, and I hate it when reboots screw up the classics.

The biggest fans of the original are slightly divided, but more like it than not, from what I gather. The remake is not as goofy and fun, and relies more on the horrific shock aspect (which was also in the original, yes).

Personally, I like them both very much.

The biggest fans of the original are slightly divided, but more like it than not, from what I gather. The remake is not as goofy and fun, and relies more on the horrific shock aspect (which was also in the original, yes).

Personally, I like them both very much.

I will watch when it comes out on Redbox. With any movie that I'm on the fence about, I'll wait 'til Redbox, just so I don't blow money at the theater.

I will watch when it comes out on Redbox. With any movie that I'm on the fence about, I'll wait 'til Redbox, just so I don't blow money at the theater.

Seems practical!

Back
Top Bottom