• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Famous Social Justice Warriors vs Logic (#1)

I liked the question about "what is it you want from white people?"

When one of these police shooting videos pop up we always hear "We want justice!" but there is rarely any statement about what "justice" would consist of. Does the "social justice" crowd want cops incarcerated based on nothing more than a video of part of the engagement? Would they accept incarceration of a non-LE individual based on only that evidence?

I liked the question about "what is it you want from white people?"

You notice that she had no answer. She doesn't know what she wants. She has no clue whatsoever.

When one of these police shooting videos pop up we always hear "We want justice!" but there is rarely any statement about what "justice" would consist of. Does the "social justice" crowd want cops incarcerated based on nothing more than a video of part of the engagement? Would they accept incarceration of a non-LE individual based on only that evidence?

They want a double standard. They want blacks not held accountable for their actions and not being treated like criminals when they are. The whole thing is really ludicrous.

You notice that she had no answer. She doesn't know what she wants. She has no clue whatsoever.

They want a double standard. They want blacks not held accountable for their actions and not being treated like criminals when they are. The whole thing is really ludicrous.

I don't know that they want a double standard. My guess is that they are simply acting emotionally rather than rationally and really don't know what they want.

The first issue discussed was "safe space for men." Now I am not a big fan of "safe spaces" outside of a psychological counseling environment but the guest speaker made a good point.

I was honestly not even aware of this Warren Farrell prior to this thread.

So I looked him up and found this video of the incident she referred to; (Caution: verbal abuse/language):

To be honest this isn't new, it's just more prevalent now.

I don't know that they want a double standard. My guess is that they are simply acting emotionally rather than rationally and really don't know what they want.

No, they do want a double standard. If you've ever talked to any of these people, the first thing they'll say is that blacks cannot be held to the same standards as whites, that blacks deserve to be treated differently, because racism, blah blah blah. It all comes down to "you owe us", often followed with reparations nonsense, etc.

It really is ridiculous.

No, they do want a double standard. If you've ever talked to any of these people, the first thing they'll say is that blacks cannot be held to the same standards as whites, that blacks deserve to be treated differently, because racism, blah blah blah. It all comes down to "you owe us", often followed with reparations nonsense, etc.

It really is ridiculous.

What I tend to hear is that blacks deserve special consideration because of "systemic racism" or because there was slavery in the US 150 years ago. However, after continuing to talk and listen those issues also turn out to be emotional responses. While I have never spoken to a black person who can't point to an overt example of racism in their lives everyone also comes around to acknowledging that it works both ways or at least that there are far more experiences in common between the races than there are differences.

First in a fabulous series.

Who are the famous Social Justice Warriors referenced in the title of the thread. The only people I recognized in the video were the anti-SJWs.

Do I what? Do I hear people saying that blacks deserve special consideration because of "systemic racism"? Yes. After all, that's what the whole BLM movement is all about.

Do I what? Do I hear people saying that blacks deserve special consideration because of "systemic racism"? Yes. After all, that's what the whole BLM movement is all about.

Is it? Or is that just your interpretation of the goal?

Because to me, it sounds like what they want is equal treatment, rather than "special" treatment.

Because to me, it sounds like what they want is equal treatment, rather than "special" treatment.

If blacks want equal treatment by LE, they should stop resisting arrest, confronting LEOs and comply with legal and legitimate LEO's orders.
If they don't want to be treated as criminals, they should stop behaving as criminals do.

If blacks want equal treatment by LE, they should stop resisting arrest, confronting LEOs and comply with legal and legitimate LEO's orders.
If they don't want to be treated as criminals, they should stop behaving as criminals do.

Missing the point.

They are getting equal treatment and that's why it's so frustrating to hear the complaints.

I keep hearing, for example, that blacks get longer prison sentences than whites do for committing the same crime. I read studies or reports of studies about this and, yes, it does seem that blacks get longer sentences but that doesn't mean that racism is part of the equation.

Beginning in the late 80's there as a significant increase in the length of incarceration for blacks as compared to whites and Hispanics. That increase can be traced back to the point at which the Anti-Drug Abuse Acts in '86 and '88 increased mandatory sentences for a number of drugs but most notably for crack. Since crack really took off in the black gang communities it was blacks that ended up getting arrested for it more often. That isn't a racial thing.

If you look at some of the studies that have been done you will also find that while blacks and hispanics may be more likely to be sentenced to prison than whites, blacks and hispanics who have dependents at home or are attending college often have LESS of a chance of going to jail than a white person does in the same circumstances. That indicates that judges are generally looking at factors other than race in determining sentences. Speaking of other factors, black and hispanic women are LESS likely to go to jail for the same crime as a white person so, again, race doesn't explain the whole picture.

Here's a chapter from a report by the US Sentencing Commission that will give you some real insight to what is actually happening. - http://www.ussc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/research-and-publications/research-projects-and-surveys/miscellaneous/15-year-study/chap4.pdf

...race doesn't explain the whole picture...

If race explains any of the picture then it has to be acted upon, you can't just hand wave it away because it doesn't explain everything.

So, if as you say, mandatory sentences were notably increased for 'crack', why would that be?

If race explains any of the picture then it has to be acted upon, you can't just hand wave it away because it doesn't explain everything.

So, if as you say, mandatory sentences were notably increased for 'crack', why would that be?

Crack was perceived (rightly) to be a dangerous, highly addictive street drug that was likely to destroy neighborhoods already prone to drug use. The thought was that it would be worse than the heroin problem that shredded inner city neighborhoods in the 70's.

Yes, they want special consideration, like , not being shot to death at random traffic stops, choked to death on the sidwwalk, and shot because of carrying a toy gun.

Well, that new aged feminism as presented in the video is just a group that uses bullying to get what they want. Their rhetoric is quite clearly bigoted.
It's just a feud. If you use the tactics you feel were wrongly used against you, you perpetuate the feud, and you lose all ethical/moral credibility. It's that simple sadly.
Injustice is never fixed with blind injustice in return. (#GrowThe****Up)

Back
Top Bottom