• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Famous Atheist

CherubRam

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Famous Atheist

What have Atheist done to make the world a better place to live in? Here is a short list of modern day Atheist leaders.

Adolf Hitler acknowledged that he abhorred organized religion. There is evidence that he engaged in “nazi mysticism” or occultism. Adolf Hitler was raised a Catholic, he became a Illuminist, and while the dictator of Germany he became an Atheist.

Joseph Stalin (Russian Dictator)
Mao ZeDong (Chinese Dictator)
Pol Pot (Cambodian Dictator)
Slobodan Milosevic (Serbian Dictator)
Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (Russian Dictator)
Benito Mussolini (Italian Dictator)

Napoleon Bonaparte: He claimed that “all religions have been made by men”

Kim Jong Il: Atheist, although in North Korea he and his father are deified. A strange twist.

Jim Jones: Jim Jones was quoted as saying he used his church to bring people to atheism.

Tito (Yugoslavia 1945-1987)
Suharto (Communists 1967-66)
Ante Pavelic (Croatia 1941-45)
Ho Chi Min (Vietnam 1953-56)
Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. Born: October 7, 1952. (Russian Dictator)

What all of these men have in common, is that they were mass murderers who had no respect for life.

Does having religion mean you have respect for life? The leaders of the Taliban, ISIS, and Lords Resistance Army are extremely religious.
Islam is a different can of worms. It is their religion to rule the world by force.

Does having religion mean you have respect for life? The leaders of the Taliban, ISIS, and Lords Resistance Army are extremely religious.

And use their religion wrongly.

And use their religion wrongly.

None of those leaders would agree they are using their religion wrongly.

Too bad no gods are willing to show up on Earth to give definitive answers on how people should act.

The thread is about famous atheist.
But if everybody wants to rule the world, then whether they’re atheist or religious is beside the point. You set your own thread on fire by page 3. Good job!

Famous Atheist

What have Atheist done to make the world a better place to live in? Here is a short list of modern day Atheist leaders.

Adolf Hitler acknowledged that he abhorred organized religion. There is evidence that he engaged in “nazi mysticism” or occultism. Adolf Hitler was raised a Catholic, he became a Illuminist, and while the dictator of Germany he became an Atheist.

Kim Jong Il: Atheist, although in North Korea he and his father are deified. A strange twist.

Jim Jones: Jim Jones was quoted as saying he used his church to bring people to atheism.

What all of these men have in common, is that they were mass murderers who had no respect for life.

You forgot Christopher Hitchens. English commentator, journalist and public intellectual. Thank goodness cancer got him before he inevitably conquered and genocided, like, half the world. :rolleyes:

But if everybody wants to rule the world, then whether they’re atheist or religious is beside the point. You set your own thread on fire by page 3. Good job!

You forgot Christopher Hitchens. English commentator, journalist and public intellectual. Thank goodness cancer got him before he inevitably conquered and genocided, like, half the world. :rolleyes:
Who is that?

Who, apparently, are representative of both religious and non-religious people alike, per your own post in #3, making their atheism a moot point.

Famous Atheist

Sooo you are insinuating that atheist make the most brutal dictators?

There where many Pope's who where responsible for thousands of heretics deaths.

Please don't cherry pick to support a failed thesis.

Who, apparently, are representative of both religious and non-religious people alike, per your own post in #3, making their atheism a moot point.
I do not know. Is there any Christian mass murderers?

No, he says that everybody can be brutal dictators.

Cherubram is….confused.

I do not know. Is there are Christian mass murderers?
I know you would say that any self professed Christian mass murderers aren’t actually Christian because they’re not following Christian teachings.

Being a Judaic Christian (Protestant Christian) I do not consider Catholics as Christians because of their Paganism.

Being a Judaic Christian (Protestant Christian) I do not consider Catholics as Christians because of their Paganism.
I would not know, I was raised atheist, brought my son up the save way. It's all fairy tale BS for those that need it to get thru life.

I know you would say that any self professed Christian mass murderers aren’t actually Christian because they’re not following Christian teachings.
You got me there. That would be true.

Which does not have anything to do with atheism/theism.

Case in point: there are mass murderers leading nations and groups right now with no respect for life who are highly religious.

Back
Top Bottom