• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Family urges public not to watch Scandinavian tourist decapitation video

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Arrests have been made in these murders. 9 more people were arrested according to CNN reporting. https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/23/africa/morocco-scandinavian-tourist-deaths/index.html

Thirteen suspects have been arrested in connection with the beheading deaths of two tourists in Morocco, the state-controlled 2M news agency reported.
Four are suspected of killing 28-year-old Maren Ueland of Norway and 24-year-old Louisa Jespersen of Denmark. Of those four, one had previously served a two-year sentence in an extremism-related case, Boubker Sabik, a Moroccan national security spokesman, told 2M.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/family-urges-public-not-to-watch-scandinavian-tourist-decapitation-video/news-story/cb8d0318432609d83a5da743c025ab27

From the families:

Please don't watch the #Morocco video. You know what's going to be on it, you know what you'll see. Someone's precious daughters in their final moments, horrifically robbed of their lives. Don't give the monsters the satisfaction. You can give these beautiful girls their dignity
— Vanessa Bailey (@vbaileyactor) December 20, 2018

So heartbroken and terrible what happened in Morocco with those beautiful girls ; Rest in peace Maren Ueland and Louisa Vesterager Jespersen

Warning if you come across the video please do not watch it for the sake of your own mental & emotional health. pic.twitter.com/g5ePHZmvnf
— Ornella ♡. (@hsftangel) December 20, 2018

Last edited:
Arrests have been made in these murders. 9 more people were arrested according to CNN reporting. https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/23/africa/morocco-scandinavian-tourist-deaths/index.html

Thirteen suspects have been arrested in connection with the beheading deaths of two tourists in Morocco, the state-controlled 2M news agency reported.
Four are suspected of killing 28-year-old Maren Ueland of Norway and 24-year-old Louisa Jespersen of Denmark. Of those four, one had previously served a two-year sentence in an extremism-related case, Boubker Sabik, a Moroccan national security spokesman, told 2M.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/family-urges-public-not-to-watch-scandinavian-tourist-decapitation-video/news-story/cb8d0318432609d83a5da743c025ab27

From the families:

Please don't watch the #Morocco video. You know what's going to be on it, you know what you'll see. Someone's precious daughters in their final moments, horrifically robbed of their lives. Don't give the monsters the satisfaction. You can give these beautiful girls their dignity

So heartbroken and terrible what happened in Morocco with those beautiful girls ; Rest in peace Maren Ueland and Louisa Vesterager Jespersen

Warning if you come across the video please do not watch it for the sake of your own mental & emotional health. pic.twitter.com/g5ePHZmvnf

That's so horrible when any young person's life is shortened by murder but these circumstances makes it so much worse for the families...
Truly heartbreaking.
I'm glad though that they caught these monsters!
Agree about not watching the terrorist's video. Don't let the bastards win!

That definitely falls on my list of things I don’t have to be asked to not do.

Everyone should watch it. It's a reminder that these kinds of animals exist in the world.

Everyone should watch it. It's a reminder that these kinds of animals exist in the world.

Yes. And it puts into perspective how dangerous trumps appeasement of these monsters is.

No thanks. I will respect the families wishes.

facts of life son, deal with it

Right! This crap was caused by President Trump. :lamo

Morocco is our oldest allie. Now, she's our newest enemy?

Why the hell is the video even available for viewing in the first damn place?

From the families:

the penalty for beheading in morocco is.................

beheading. Time for Karma to enter the scene.

Yes. And it puts into perspective how dangerous trumps appeasement of these monsters is.

facts of life son, deal with it

Prove that ANYTHING about Trump caused these despicable acts by the scum that did this to those girls. Oh wait....YOU CAN'T. And you damn well know it. But neither one of you could put aside your TDS long enough to be human beings. Your partisan hackery is truly staggering and sickening. I'd say that you should be ashamed of yourselves for your partisan comments but we all know that you wouldn't be. You relish in such drivel and wallow in it like pigs wallow in mud. Only pigs and mud are a hell of a lot nicer and as such I apologize to the pigs and mud for making such a comparison.

Prove that ANYTHING about Trump caused these despicable acts by the scum that did this to those girls. Oh wait....YOU CAN'T. And you damn well know it. But neither one of you could put aside your TDS long enough to be human beings. Your partisan hackery is truly staggering and sickening. I'd say that you should be ashamed of yourselves for your partisan comments but we all know that you wouldn't be. You relish in such drivel and wallow in it like pigs wallow in mud. Only pigs and mud are a hell of a lot nicer and as such I apologize to the pigs and mud for making such a comparison.

I never said trump caused it.

This attack was done by isis inspired islamists. Isis is growing under trump because of his cowardly policies and policy of appeasing our enemies. He hasn't been able to stop isis the same ways obama decimated al qaeda. Even al qaeda is growing now that trump is potus.

I never said trump caused it.

Nah, you just claimed that he's appeasing these monsters. You're saying that his appeasement of these monsters is the cause for these deaths. Don't even try to pretend otherwise. How did "trumps appeasement of these monsters" cause these deaths? Now all you're doing is attempting to walk back what you said.

Well yeah, that's what ISIS does, it creates terrorism towards allies to the U.S. and of course to the U.S. They even stated quite clearly that this was retribution.

According to Darija-speaking journalists at the Morocco World News, one of the perpetrators declares: “This is a revenge for our brothers in Hajin” — referring to the small Syrian town which was an ISIS stronghold until it was liberated two weeks ago by Syrian Democratic Forces.

Nah, you just claimed that he's appeasing these monsters. You're saying that his appeasement of these monsters is the cause for these deaths. Don't even try to pretend otherwise. How did "trumps appeasement of these monsters" cause these deaths? Now all you're doing is attempting to walk back what you said.

So my point about trump appeasing monsters that cause beheadings means that I am blaming trump? Damn. That's some deep analysis right there.

That definitely falls on my list of things I don’t have to be asked to not do.

No thanks. I will respect the families wishes.

Why the hell is the video even available for viewing in the first damn place?

Some good comments. The rest...why bother?
This is something that you have to search within your soul. If you want to prove a point and use this tragedy to whatever advantage you can imagine, or if you have to posture your partisan self, then I guess you must either watch the video or make some seriously misguided comment. I shall leave it at that.

This attack was done by isis inspired islamists. Isis is growing under trump because of his cowardly policies and policy of appeasing our enemies. He hasn't been able to stop isis the same ways obama decimated al qaeda. Even al qaeda is growing now that trump is potus.

Care to provide some proof to back any of that crap up?

Well yeah, that's what ISIS does, it creates terrorism towards allies to the U.S. and of course to the U.S. They even stated quite clearly that this was retribution.

According to Darija-speaking journalists at the Morocco World News, one of the perpetrators declares: “This is a revenge for our brothers in Hajin” — referring to the small Syrian town which was an ISIS stronghold until it was liberated two weeks ago by Syrian Democratic Forces.

Becareful. Pointing out that trump is a weakling means you are blaming him for these attacks.

So my point about trump appeasing monsters that cause beheadings means that I am blaming trump? Damn. That's some deep analysis right there.

Your premise is a lie. Trump has done nothing to appease ISIS.

We don't need a reminder. Everyone knows there are terrorists and the world is a dangerous place. Nobody needs to see a bloody snuff video to hammer it home.

Not even the president apparently.

Some may recall the president didn't want to listen to the Kashoggi tape. Even he doesn't have to have that strong a stomach, so that decision is okay IMO.

Nobody has to watch another human being die if they can avoid it.

Back
Top Bottom