• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Family Troubles in GOP Circles

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So I noticed a small pattern when the COS job deniers said they couldn't take the job. They were acting like they were running for President or was asked to take a really tough job in a country far away with no guarantee of a flight back home.

This is Christie's statement:
I've told the President that now is not the right time for me or my family to undertake this serious assignment

This is Rick Santorum's:
my family situation really doesn’t allow me to do that right now

These two both ran for President in 2016. They were ready for that job then! But not this job two years later? I'm not entirely sure what is going on in their families right now, but it's safe to say that none of their immediate relatives are dying. It would be in the press. Did they announce this just as standard boiler plate holier-than-Trump crapola? Or is there something else in between the lines? Did they see something in their interviews or do they know something outside of them, that prevented them from taking the job? Do they not want to be tied to the President and embarrass their own families when it all comes crashing down?????

Only a desperate idiot would take a job any where near the Trump orbit at this point.

Apparently those two aren't desperate idiots.

Their excuses are just a "spend more time with my family" variant.

Christie spent a helluva' long time in NJ politics. Dirty politics. Right across the Hudson from Trump's, Kushner's, Cohen's, Manafort's, etc., dirty politics. He barely escaped Bridgegate! Does anyone think Christie wants the same scrutiny Trump is under? No way!

So I noticed a small pattern when the COS job deniers said they couldn't take the job. They were acting like they were running for President or was asked to take a really tough job in a country far away with no guarantee of a flight back home.

This is Rick Santorum's:

These two both ran for President in 2016. They were ready for that job then! But not this job two years later? I'm not entirely sure what is going on in their families right now, but it's safe to say that none of their immediate relatives are dying. It would be in the press. Did they announce this just as standard boiler plate holier-than-Trump crapola? Or is there something else in between the lines? Did they see something in their interviews or do they know something outside of them, that prevented them from taking the job? Do they not want to be tied to the President and embarrass their own families when it all comes crashing down?????

So...you are just "connecting dots", eh?

Yeah...that's fun...but ultimately it's like sinking your teeth into a nice, juicy nothingburger.

I'll pass.

This is Rick Santorum's:

Other presidents have gone through COS's like kleenex's.

Do you remember that Jimmy Carter didn't have a chief of staff for two years?

This is Rick Santorum's:

not a good time due to my family circumstances is a great, plausible explanation

and if that is not the actual reason then they are being too peecee to serve in this misadministration

Remember, this was Jimmy Carter's COS:

At a recent dinner party attended by the Ambassadors of both Egypt and Israel following the visit to Israel by President Anwar el‐Sadat of Egypt, Hamilton Jordan, a top White House aide, made an offensive remark, according to some guests.

One of the guests within earshot of Mr. Jordan said that shortly after the wife of Ambassador Ashraf Ghorbal of Egypt was seated beside him, Mr. Jordan looked at her bosom, reached to pull at her elasticized bodice and said something about wanting to “see the pyramids.”

Later, the guests said, Mr. Jordan pushed himself away from the table and made a coarse announcement that he was leaving to go to the bathroom.

https://www.nytimes.com/1977/12/19/...t0-carter-aide-hamilton-jordan-allegedly.html

Sure, it is an excuse, but a plausible one generally speaking. If you are the president’s CoS you will be working about 18 hrs/day. There is a reason most tours on the White House National Security Team are only two years. Yeah, they ran for President, but being CoS is much less glamorous with much worse hours. And then on top of that you have to work with Trump every day. ;)

any prospect would have to be squeaky clean with Mueller snooping around
then there is the elevated cost of living in DC and having to dress well
and the added expense of an attorney, essential to avoid the land mines of the present investigation and those assured by the demo-led house
then there is working for someone who does not want to hear the facts - if they are not in his favor
when you left the position it would be announced by tweet with the distinct possibility of being called a dumb coffee toter
and other than nikki haley, i can recall no one within tRump's circle whose reputation is now better than when entering the white house orbit

yea, family needs, that's the ticket

Sure, it is an excuse, but a plausible one generally speaking. If you are the president’s CoS you will be working about 18 hrs/day. There is a reason most tours on the White House National Security Team are only two years. Yeah, they ran for President, but being CoS is much less glamorous with much worse hours. And then on top of that you have to work with Trump every day. ;)

Stop..5 deferment cadet bone spurs working? You must mean tweeting or watching faux news.

Christie spent a helluva' long time in NJ politics. Dirty politics. Right across the Hudson from Trump's, Kushner's, Cohen's, Manafort's, etc., dirty politics. He barely escaped Bridgegate! Does anyone think Christie wants the same scrutiny Trump is under? No way!

You are right. No one can survive the scrutiny Trump is under. I do not know what Trump did to the rich and powerful that run our country but he is clearly being attacked like no one in history. Even Jimmy Carter would could not stand up to this scrutiny. I have always revered Jimmy Carter as the only honest president in the last 100 years.

This is Rick Santorum's:

You should have probably posted this thread in Conspiracy Theories.

Another day, another Trump conspiracy. :lol:

You are right. No one can survive the scrutiny Trump is under. I do not know what Trump did to the rich and powerful that run our country but he is clearly being attacked like no one in history. Even Jimmy Carter would could not stand up to this scrutiny. I have always revered Jimmy Carter as the only honest president in the last 100 years.
I agree with this only partially. Trump's narcissism, lies, deception, and dirty dealing is what brought the bulk of this on.

He fired Comey, and brought Mueller upon himself. It was the greatest political blunder in modern Presidential history. Without Mueller, the House and Senate investigations would have been a footnote in history by now, and Trump would be skating. Instead, he caused himself big troubles.

I think it can be safely said that he stole from them. Just like he steals from his supporters. Just like he steals from the American people and the illegal immigrants he hires. Steal from enough people and they will begin to see you for what you are and indeed hate you for it.

I agree with this only partially. Trump's narcissism, lies, deception, and dirty dealing is what brought the bulk of this on.

He fired Comey, and brought Mueller upon himself. It was the greatest political blunder in modern Presidential history. Without Mueller, the House and Senate investigations would have been a footnote in history by now, and Trump would be skating. Instead, he caused himself big troubles.

Comey was a lose cannon and in my pinion should have been let go by Obama after he rigged the election against Hillary.

I think it can be safely said that he stole from them. Just like he steals from his supporters. Just like he steals from the American people and the illegal immigrants he hires. Steal from enough people and they will begin to see you for what you are and indeed hate you for it.

The attack on Trump started when beat out the first party puppet in the republican party.

Comey was a lose cannon and in my pinion should have been let go by Obama after he rigged the election against Hillary.

yea, the fellow who exculpated hillary from criminal liability for her failure to follow communications protocol (to avoid being subject to Freedom Of Information Act inquiries) rigged the election against hillary

I can see it not being good for their family to be Trump's CoS.

I surely won't deny Comy uses less than stellar political judgment, and can act impetuously.

Back
Top Bottom