• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Family of fallen Soldier pleads Please stop Cindy!!

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The family of Cindy Sheehan is speaking up.........In a statement they have told Cindy please stop.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcs.htm

FAMILY OF FALLEN SOLDIER PLEADS: PLEASE STOP, CINDY!
Thu Aug 11 2005 12:56:21 ET

The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish.

Thanks, Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

I see the Bush haters are silent about this thread.............Why am I not surprised?:roll:

I didn't notice it.

Uh-oh! She's using her freedoms, that's scary and we should hate her for it. If it wasn't for the press you wouldn't know about her. I think she should stay! She makes for good television.. its better that the Press is up in this business instead of flooding the stories of the Aruba case.

Navy Pride said:
I see the Bush haters are silent about this thread.............Why am I not surprised?:roll:

Possibly because we have better things to do then to worry about a protester.

Arch Enemy said:
I didn't notice it.

Uh-oh! She's using her freedoms, that's scary and we should hate her for it. If it wasn't for the press you wouldn't know about her. I think she should stay! She makes for good television.. its better that the Press is up in this business instead of flooding the stories of the Aruba case.

And if Clinton was President and the mother of a soldier killed in Bosnia was doing the same thing would you feel the same way?

Arch Enemy said:

Or maybe its because she is doing the bidding of the left trying to embarrass this president?

NavyPride said:
And if Clinton was President and the mother of a soldier killed in Bosnia was doing the same thing would you feel the same way?

I would feel the same, I believe that mothers of soldiers have every right to protest the lost of their loved one. Though it seems like it, I'm not as democratic as people think... I'm actually against the ideas of political parties.

The mother should have the ability to get all the gritty details of his sons death and why he son had to die.

Or maybe its because she is doing the bidding of the left trying to embarrass this president?

I believe your President is already embarrassed enough.

Notice how his ratings are dropping, how we've un-covered that his ideas of WMDs in Iraq were false, how are Marines are dropping like flies and since he's the commander in cheif, those deaths rest on his shoulder.

Arch Enemy said:
I didn't notice it.

Yes, but ignoring her son's views and promoting hers, it seems like exploitation! :blowup: :twocents: :twocents: Though she is not profitting off his death money wise, she is using his death to promote an idea, which is still Exploitation!

Last edited:
Arch Enemy said:
Notice how his ratings are dropping, how we've un-covered that his ideas of WMDs in Iraq were false, how are Marines are dropping like flies and since he's the commander in cheif, those deaths rest on his shoulder.

His?...Please explain how it was his and no one else's....

stsburns said:
Yes, but ignoring her son's views and promoting hers, it seems like exploitation! :blowup: :twocents: :twocents: Though she is not profitting off his death money wise, she is using his death to promote an idea, which is still Exploitation!

That we know of....

cnredd said:
That we know of....

Cindy is a victim of the "loony" branch of the left but she does make some valid arguments. Where are the WMDs? What is this "noble cause"? The president is only making matters worse by not answering those two questions especially the last one.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Cindy is a victim of the "loony" branch of the left but she does make some valid arguments. Where are the WMDs? What is this "noble cause"? The president is only making matters worse by not answering those two questions especially the last one.
So its OK to exploit her son,to get answers to some questions? Yes Bush should talk to her and answer her questions, but as we all know, the left call Bush a liar, so would it still serve her any good, if the band wagon she is joined made her ask the (the left view Bush as liar) President Bush for answers to questions? Which asks the question, WHY WOULD SHE WILLING ASK SOMEONE FOR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS, IN WHICH SHE PERCIEVES AS A LIAR! (I'm still waiting for the logic on that) Either way it stills seems like exploitation, to promote her Anti-War agenda!

stsburns said:
So its OK to exploit her son,to get answers to some questions? Yes Bush should talk to her and answer her questions, but as we all know, the left call Bush a liar, so would it still serve her any good, if the band wagon she is joined made her ask the (the left view Bush as liar) President Bush for answers to questions? Which asks the question, WHY WOULD SHE WILLING ASK SOMEONE FOR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS, IN WHICH SHE PERCIEVES AS A LIAR! (I'm still waiting for the logic on that) Either way it stills seems like exploitation, to promote her Anti-War agenda!

Because they are questions which most Americans are asking..and yes even ones who aren't liberals including me. It needs to be a public statement..whats wrong with the American people wanting to know why 1800 of them are dead? It doesn't matter who asks the question or why as long as it is answered. He's the president and he's supposed to answer to the people.

Arch Enemy said:
I would feel the same, I believe that mothers of soldiers have every right to protest the lost of their loved one. Though it seems like it, I'm not as democratic as people think... I'm actually against the ideas of political parties.

The mother should have the ability to get all the gritty details of his sons death and why he son had to die.

I believe your President is already embarrassed enough.

And she has met with The President once and was perfectly satisfied with the meeting and even had glowing things to say about President Bush until Michael Moore and moveon.org got a hold of her..........She is a pawn of the left now, nothing more, nothing less..........

stsburns said:

How do you know she is not profitting by his death? Who do you this is pauing for all this?

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Because they are questions which most Americans are asking..and yes even ones who aren't liberals including me. It needs to be a public statement..whats wrong with the American people wanting to know why 1800 of them are dead? It doesn't matter who asks the question or why as long as it is answered. He's the president and he's supposed to answer to the people.

He has explained these things a thousand times.........People like you just don't listen.......

by saying we are in a war on terror and spreading freedom and democracy through compassion....

Navy Pride said:
Michael Moore and moveon.org got a hold of her..........She is a pawn of the left now, nothing more, nothing less..........
Prove it. Let's see some pics of Michael Moore's secret brainwashing machine.

Navy Pride said:
How do you know she is not profitting by his death? Who do you this is pauing for all this?
Prove she is being paid.

nkgupta80 said:
by saying we are in a war on terror and spreading freedom and democracy through compassion....

:lol: Thanks nk. Is this what you're talking about Navy? Newsflash..Iraq had "NO COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIP" WITH AL QAEDA. Thus it is not a War on Terror. Freedom and democracy huh Navy? All of this nonesense is bs that was only brought up once his WMD excuse and his scare tactic that saddam was going to attack us even though he was decades away from any such capability fell through straight to the ground. Beisdes, I should think that preventing the genocide of 2 million people in the Sudan is a REAL humanitarian war for freedom. Apparently since Bush ignored it he doesnt agree. So ignoring genocide is our "noble cause"?

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
The family of Cindy Sheehan is speaking up.........In a statement they have told Cindy please stop.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashcs.htm

FAMILY OF FALLEN SOLDIER PLEADS: PLEASE STOP, CINDY!
Thu Aug 11 2005 12:56:21 ET

The family of American soldier Casey Sheehan, who was killed in Iraq on April 4, 2004, has broken its silence and spoken out against his mother Cindy Sheehan's anti-war vigil against George Bush held outside the president's Crawford, Texas ranch.

The following email was received by the DRUDGE REPORT from Casey's aunt and godmother:

Our family has been so distressed by the recent activities of Cindy we are breaking our silence and we have collectively written a statement for release. Feel free to distribute it as you wish.

Thanks, Cherie

In response to questions regarding the Cindy Sheehan/Crawford Texas issue: Sheehan Family Statement:

The Sheehan Family lost our beloved Casey in the Iraq War and we have been silently, respectfully grieving. We do not agree with the political motivations and publicity tactics of Cindy Sheehan. She now appears to be promoting her own personal agenda and notoriety at the the expense of her son's good name and reputation. The rest of the Sheehan Family supports the troops, our country, and our President, silently, with prayer and respect.

Sincerely,

Casey Sheehan's grandparents, aunts, uncles and numerous cousins.

I think to criticize a grieving mother for doing as she feels compelled too is outrageous. I saw in interview with Cindy the other night, and she literally feels betrayed by her inlaws (Casey's grandparents and aunts) because they do support Bush. To her, as she explained it, their support of Bush equates to supporting his murderer. I'm not saying her position is correct.. but she has every right to feel this way. Until any of us are in her position, who are we to say how she should feel, and react to those feelings.

The first amendment gives her the right to camp outside of the ranch. If she were breaking any law, don't you think the authorities would have removed her by now?

Navy Pride said:
And she has met with The President once and was perfectly satisfied with the meeting and even had glowing things to say about President Bush until Michael Moore and moveon.org got a hold of her..........She is a pawn of the left now, nothing more, nothing less..........

I'd love to see facts.

I don't think of her as a pawn, she's just dug the hole to the point where she feels like if she quits now she'll be downgraded.

Arch Enemy said:

So does the President....HAHAHA....I hope no one else posted this comment already, as I hit "reply" as soon as I saw it.

The drudge report...wow...cmon man, get a credible source to start a topic...I think that even cnredd would be with me on this one.

ShamMol said:
The drudge report...wow...cmon man, get a credible source to start a topic...I think that even cnredd would be with me on this one.

For the most part...

The ONE exception I can think of when using an "Op-ed" piece is if you are using it to source someone's EXACT words. Op-ed or article, it would be a BIG breach in journalism to take include words that aren't original or take out ones that were(Mickey Moore style).

If Drudge is the only place I can find the quote, I'll use it....but I'd rather not..

For facts?...No Drudge whatsoever...

In the case you're referring to...If the family's response is public, surely one can find a better source....

I just did some research...

This is part of the Drudge article...

If it's false...many people have been had...

If it's true...I think you can do alot better than one email to a partisan reporter to get your message out, don't ya think?

Back
Top Bottom