• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Family of Calif. abductor requests paternity test for 16-year-old victim

WCH

Believer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Family of Calif. abductor requests paternity test for 16-year-old victim | Fox News

The family of kidnapper James DiMaggio is asking the girl he abducted for a DNA sample so that they can determine whether DiMaggio was her father.

A spokesman for DiMaggio's family told 10News.com that the family made the request after it was revealed that the DiMaggio left $112,000 to Hannah Anderson's paternal grandmother, who he named as the sole beneficiary of his life insurance policy. DiMaggio died August 10 in a shootout with the FBI in a remote area of Idaho. Authorities believe he kidnapped 16-year-old Hannah after killing her mother, Christina Anderson, and 8-year-old brother, Ethan, at his house in Southern California.

"He expected the grandmother to take care of the two children with the money. He stated he did not want it to go to their parents because they were having marital problems and he didn't trust them with the money on their own," Andrew Spanswick told 10News.com.

Read more: Family of Calif. abductor requests paternity test for 16-year-old victim | Fox News

Interesting twist.

The family of the child that was abducted should tell that psycho's family to piss off.

Based on his actions, he was deranged enough to believe they were his kids.

Great, let's put them through more pain and suffering..... This guys family is just as sick as he was.....

Great, let's put them through more pain and suffering..... This guys family is just as sick as he was.....

Hold on one second there, pardner. ;)

How do you explain that he independently (and obviously earlier) left insurance proceeds to the abductee's grandparent?

Not that it changes the necessity of shooting him dead, but if there was a plot in place by family to deny this guy parental rights? Doesn't that change what happened from the heinous crime it appeared to be to "parental abduction"?

There may be much more to this story.

How do you explain that he independently (and obviously earlier) left insurance proceeds to the abductee's grandparent?

Not that it changes the necessity of shooting him dead, but if there was a plot in place by family to deny this guy parental rights? Doesn't that change what happened from the heinous crime it appeared to be to "parental abduction"?

Yeah I would go along with that if he hadn't murdered (brutally) the mother and 8 year old son.

Or he was a delusional psychopath who wished the children were his.

Based on his actions, which is the more likely scenario?

Or he was a delusional psychopath who wished the children were his.

Based on his actions, which is the more likely scenario?

*shrug* Still, asking for the paternity test doesn't appear to be beyond the pale.

Honestly - there seems to be no evidence to support that. He left the paternal grandmother his life insurance money after removing his sister . . . and they jumped to a conclusion though they state they have 'no explanation' for why he did so.

Really - it seems like they're feel slighted and raw over the money. That's how this really comes across.

What are they going to do? Adopt her? :roll: Try to get that $112,000 back?

And pretend she is his kid - or he THINKS she is his kid - his approach was to strike up some type of connection with the daughter, kill her brother in an attempt to win her heart over? Or perhaps the kidnapping and murder was some way to prove he cared for her? . . . and he didn't pursue a DNA test on his own? He didn't try to go to court and win his parental rights? . . . His lack of action makes it obvious that he didn't think she was his kid.

Trying to defend his actions like 'he was a parent who had his child ripped away' makes no sense.

The family just concocted that in a desperate attempt to make sense of someone who was so senseless and capable of such hideous crimes.

Yeah I would go along with that if he hadn't murdered (brutally) the mother and 8 year old son.

Do we know proof positive that he actually started the fire? All I heard was that the two victims were tied up.

Seems like if the boy might of been his son that he wouldn't kill him.

One has to wonder if insurance will pay given how he died.

Do we know proof positive that he actually started the fire? All I heard was that the two victims were tied up.

I thought they had proven that, I could be wrong though.

The family can request it all they want, but if I was related to the kidnapping victim there is not a chance in the world I would ever grant the request. I'd tell them exactly where they could put their request.

Thinking about this more - it's beyond ****ed up. I didn't realize until I read another article that they haven't even had the FUNERAL for that mother and child, yet. The girl is mourning and these freaks are putting some self-centered, baseless demand on her? I wonder just how far his crazy apple fell from the tree, because that's a pretty selfish, sick thing to do. Harassing Hannah like this is just beyond the pale - hasn't she been through enough? . . . AND they're stalking her comments on facebook? Not respectful or concerned AT ALL.

They should be all "I hope she recovers and we're very sorry, and we're praying for her to pull through this ordeal."

What, you think it was a coincidence? A happy accident (and the girl's mother died of blunt for trauma, btw). They can determine the source of a fire, etc - he had 'arson wire' in his home, I'm sure it takes all of five minutes for a fire investigator to sort that out.

This poor girl - I don't know what's more disturbing, that he wanted to destroy everything in her life, or that he decided to 'take care of her' with that life insurance policy after he took everything away.

That's something a nutty freak does when they 'loooove you' - kill everyone you love and then support you with their hard earned money as a replacement. . . and that gives me cold chills.

As if the Anderson family hadn't already been through enough. It doesn't matter whether the murderer thought Hannah was his kid or not... it doesn't even matter if she was his kid... she and her family do not need to go through another violation of their bodies and their privacy. The request is just sick.

Back
Top Bottom