• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Family demand answers as eight people arrested for trafficking teen girl from Dallas NBA game to Oklahoma

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

The girl was found, thanks to the help of a non profit group that works to rescue trafficked people, so that's good, but WTF is up with the Dallas police? They refused to investigate. I thought Kansas cops were bad, but this crap takes the cake.

**** the Code. **** the police. **** Texas. They always have discretion. These good-for-nothings should be awarded the Iron Cross and a swastika tattooed on their foreheads.

The girl was found, thanks to the help of a non profit group that works to rescue trafficked people, so that's good, but WTF is up with the Dallas police? They refused to investigate. I thought Kansas cops were bad, but this crap takes the cake.
An attack of "Not my job, not my problem"itis?

Defund the cops?

What is (oddly?) missing from that story is when the kidnapped (and trafficked?) girl left Dallas, TX and when she ended up in Oklahoma City.

IMHO, the Dallas PD blew it by not taking more immediate action, but it is unclear if they had a reasonable chance of finding the girl in Dallas.

What is (oddly?) missing from that story is when the kidnapped (and trafficked?) girl left Dallas, TX and when she ended up in Oklahoma City.

IMHO, the Dallas PD blew it by not taking more immediate action, but it is unclear if they had a reasonable chance of finding the girl in Dallas.

I rather suspect that the Dallas PD would not have been able to find one person in a city of over 7,500,000 in the length of time that they young girl was still in Dallas after being kidnapped.

I rather suspect that the Dallas PD would not have been able to find one person in a city of over 7,500,000 in the length of time that they young girl was still in Dallas after being kidnapped.
Do you think that the DPD has more or less resources than the TXCTI?

The DPD might be in on it. Time for the DOJ to investigate. It's Texas - home of Louis Gohmert and Ted Cruz, so opresssing women is just another day to those guys.

Do you think that the DPD has more or less resources than the TXCTI?
I think that, as in almost all cases of very short duration between apprehension order issue and apprehension (where the requesting authority didn't already know the location of the person to be apprehended), the apprehending authority"got lucky".

I think that, as in almost all cases of very short duration between apprehension order issue and apprehension (where the requesting authority didn't already know the location of the person to be apprehended), the apprehending authority"got lucky".

In this case, “luck” was enhanced by (the perps?) having posted the victim’s picture on the internet.

My guess is that 15 year olds running away us common and disappearing from a big event a statistical anomaly.

Seems easy to understand to me.

But, I aM approaching this logically not emotionally.

In this case, “luck” was enhanced by (the perps?) having posted the victim’s picture on the internet.
I am surprised how many women are involved in trafficking. Not sure why it surprises me.

I am surprised how many women are involved in trafficking. Not sure why it surprises me.

Women like money and power too. Crime can offer more of that than a McJob, but with some added risk involved.

I’m going to guess that DPD had less folks searching the internet than TXCTI did.
Doesn't TX have a trafficking task force? Sure, too early to get them involved, since the girl could have just run away.

They could have at least put out an amber alert ..........

Apparently TX has a stupid law that they consider all teens runaways; according to the OP -- really?

The girl was at a game and went to the bathroom and never got back :mad:

What are the criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts?​

Each state AMBER Alert plan includes its own criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts. The PROTECT Act, passed in 2003, which established the role of AMBER Alert Coordinator within the Department of Justice, calls for the Department of Justice to issue minimum standards or guidelines for AMBER Alerts that states can adopt voluntarily. The Department's Guidance on Criteria for Issuing AMBER Alerts is as follows:

• There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
  • The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
  • The child's name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.

In many cases "'stupid' criminals" equals "'lucky' cops".

But, then again, the vast majority of criminals work on the "They will never catch ME." theory of law breaking.

The important thing here is that we blame cops, Ted Cruz and Louis Gohmert for the kidnapping instead of the kidnappers.

That's really ****ing messed up, kidnapped when at an NBA game with your family.

And then ignored by the police.

"protect and serve" my ass.
When the police "follow protocol" they are excoriated - by some.

When the police do not "follow protocol" they are excoriated by some.

When the police "follow protocol" they are excoriated - by some.

When the police do not "follow protocol" they are excoriated by some.
I do not believe it's "protocol" to ignore kidnappings. I do believe they are lying to cover their collective ass.

Back
Top Bottom