• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fallacious Thinking

Luckyone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It never ceases to amaze me the fallacious thinking that most people have. The lack of common sense that most people display.

Emotions are normal. They get stimulated by action. You separate children from their parents, you get anger. You raise taxes? you get anger. You debase someone? you get anger. You lie? you get anger. You are unfair or unjust? you get anger, etc. etc. etc. Some of these actions are needed and can be explained and the anger ebbs but these actions are not the norm but the exception.

Having said that, party's are both using these actions to stimulate even more anger, even more dissension, even more disunity. It is fallacious thinking because stimulating these negative feelings just makes things worse and not better. It makes solutions more difficult to obtain. Aren't solutions what we want and need? You are not going to get solutions if the problems are made worse.

What is even worse is that it cannot be expected that a normal person will always be able to control his emotions and use rational thinking. A normal person is not generally the solution to anything.

That is what a leader (a president) is supposed to do. He is the one that is supposed to be a stopper or at least a break in fallacious thinking. He is the one that is supposed to the rational (the adult in the room). Nonetheless, he is doing exactly the opposite. His fallacious thinking is the highest of all. He stokes anger, he continues to debase the opposition, he continues to do actions that enrage feelings, he is unjust as he demeans everyone that disagrees with him (even his own people).

Fallacious thinking is not a solution to anything, especially when it comes from the top as it grows exponentially as it filters down to the common man.

Is a fallacious thinker the answer for fixing the problems that the nation suffers from. Is more anger, more fear, more disunity, and more unfairness going to Make America Great Again?

These words have become the biggest word Con ever ideated. They sound great but they are empty words.

Last edited:
It . Is more anger, more fear, more disunity, and more unfairness going to Make America Great Again?
s.

No. So maybe the Dems are their lackeys in the media should stop peddling those things.

Or are you so far gone in your partisanship that you don't think they do?

It never ceases to amaze me the fallacious thinking that most people have. The lack of common sense that most people display.

Emotions are normal. They get stimulated by action. You separate children from their parents, you get anger. You raise taxes? you get anger. You debase someone? you get anger. You lie? you get anger. You are unfair or unjust? you get anger, etc. etc. etc. Some of these actions are needed and can be explained and the anger ebbs but these actions are not the norm but the exception.

Having said that, party's are both using these actions to stimulate even more anger, even more dissension, even more disunity. It is fallacious thinking because stimulating these negative feelings just makes things worse and not better. It makes solutions more difficult to obtain. Aren't solutions what we want and need? You are not going to get solutions if the problems are made worse.

What is even worse is that it cannot be expected that a normal person will always be able to control his emotions and use rational thinking. A normal person is not generally the solution to anything.

That is what a leader (a president) is supposed to do. He is the one that is supposed to be a stopper or at least a break in fallacious thinking. He is the one that is supposed to the rational (the adult in the room). Nonetheless, he is doing exactly the opposite. His fallacious thinking is the highest of all. He stokes anger, he continues to debase the opposition, he continues to do actions that enrage feelings, he is unjust as he demeans everyone that disagrees with him (even his own people).

Fallacious thinking is not a solution to anything, especially when it comes from the top as it grows exponentially as it filters down to the common man.

Is a fallacious thinker the answer for fixing the problems that the nation suffers from. Is more anger, more fear, more disunity, and more unfairness going to Make America Great Again?

These words have become the biggest word Con ever ideated. They sound great but they are empty words.

It’s not fallacious because you are mistaken about the goal. The goal is not “solutions” as you suggest, the goal is to when elections. And fear anger and division gets votes.

No. So maybe the Dems are their lackeys in the media should stop peddling those things.

Everyone is involved in some fallacious thinking. The thing is that someone "in charge and with power" has to be the one that starts stopping fallacious thinking. If the media stops their fallacious thinking what gets resolved? Nothing! The hate, disunity, unfairness will continue.

You actually think that if the media would stop reporting it or as you may think "give fake news" that the people being demeaned, the people getting hit with hate, the people being unjustly affected (like Floyd and Blake) will stop complaining?

If you believe that, then you believe in Santa Claus.

Solutions have to begin at the top (the president). He has to set the rules of the game so that everyone can follow. You honestly think that Trump is not enraging the emotions of people? Look at yourself, you are enraged because Trump himself has complained by the bad treatment he feels he is getting.

Ever watch the TV series called ARROW? This man is accused of everything possible and not once does he complain. He just goes about trying to do the right thing. He does not stimulate more hate. He just battles it in a positive way. Trump does not do any of that.

It’s not fallacious because you are mistaken about the goal. The goal is not “solutions” as you suggest, the goal is to when elections. And fear anger and division gets votes.

You are misunderstanding my post. The goal of any administration or leader "should be" finding solutions to the problems. That is the definition of a leader "a person that will lead us to the promised land and keep us safe". Problems are the norm. Solutions to the problems is what everyone wants.

Your post is more about what Trump wants and in that respect your post is correct. Nonetheless, the nation itself is not looking for the goals Trump wants, they are looking for solutions to their own problems. As such, it is fallacious thinking that Trump is the answer to their problems.

Eve

You honestly think that Trump is not enraging the emotions of people? Look at yourself, you are enraged because Trump himself has complained by the bad treatment he feels he is getting.

You honestly think that DEmocrats are not enraging the emotions of people?
( Trump called neo nazis very fine people!!!!proves he's a racist!!!!)
Look at yourself. Classic TDS .

I don't get "enraged' by anything Trumps says .You sure do though. I think that's what psychologsits call 'projection

LAFFRIOT.

Checkmate

I

Last edited:

Why was the term alternative facts created?

Trump from the day he was sworn in got accused. Accused he attempted to allege he had a larger audience at the mall than did Obama. Factually he included all those like myself that watched the inauguration not in person on the mall, but on my computer since it was live streamed.

The news media blew a gasket. How dare Trump compare an audience to a different audience. And in fury they shot out with photos of the mall pretending they were taken at the same time of day with the same mall conditions.

The mall topography must be considered. The mall is not flat like your table top. It rises to a hill where the Washington Monument stands.

So from the view from the White House, where Trump gave his speech, the mall appeared full to the brim of watchers in person.

But the media raised holy hell.

So we got the Alternative facts comment from Kellyanne Conway.

Emotional influence may result in irrational thinking, which we could characterize as fallacious thinking in many instances, but I don't think hyperrationalism is necessarily something to strive for as it leads to less than ethical solutions to a series of problems.

You are misunderstanding my post. The goal of any administration or leader "should be" finding solutions to the problems. That is the definition of a leader "a person that will lead us to the promised land and keep us safe". Problems are the norm. Solutions to the problems is what everyone wants.

Your post is more about what Trump wants and in that respect your post is correct. Nonetheless, the nation itself is not looking for the goals Trump wants, they are looking for solutions to their own problems. As such, it is fallacious thinking that Trump is the answer to their problems.

If you think I have lived to be 82 needing a president to lead me, you do not understand people.

Trump is not my leader at all. Trump holds a job that this country needs. Being president.

Locally if any politician is my leader, and he is not, it would be Governor Brad Little. Idaho just 20 hours ago passed a resolution to end the Governors COVID 19 emergency order.

Clearly the reason the OP FAILED in this case is he led us down a false path called fallacious thinking when he was in truth going to try to destroy Trump.

It failed to work.

You honestly think that DEmocrats are not enraging the emotions of people?
( Trump called neo nazis very fine people!!!!proves he's a racist!!!!)
Look at yourself. Classic TDS .

I don't get "enraged' by anything Trumps says .You sure do though. I think that's what psychologsits call 'projection

LAFFRIOT.

Checkmate

I

You can't read? I clearly stated that all people have some fallacious thinking and that includes the Democrats. Fallacious thinking is not the problem in an of itself as all humans are fallible and have some fallacious thinking. What I am saying is that it is the job of the leader of the country to take steps to stop it or curb it. In the case of Trump, he is not trying to stop it or curb it, he is stimulating it.

No, I don't expect you to get enraged by what he says because he is your idol. Nonetheless, you do get upset because others are accusing him unfairly (according to you). That enrages you. Bottom line, if the president did not complain about it and sluffed it off as "nothing to fret about", you anger would be less.

In simple words for you. If Trump made it unimportant (as far as the attacks on him), you would not feel as angry. As such, it is in his power to have you get enraged more or less. That is my point, it is in his power to get you madder or not as mad. He chooses to make you madder.

If you think I have lived to be 82 needing a president to lead me, you do not understand people.

Trump is not my leader at all. Trump holds a job that this country needs. Being president.

Locally if any politician is my leader, and he is not, it would be Governor Brad Little. Idaho just 20 hours ago passed a resolution to end the Governors COVID 19 emergency order.

Who is talking about what YOU need or want. I am talking about the nation. If the nation did not need a leader (a president) then we would not elect one. The nation needs someone to lead us to a better future, a safer future, and a more peaceful future.

You personally might not do anything to make it a worse future but if for example the president does nothing to enforce the laws and the Constitution it would mean you and your family are more at risk overall as others might try to harm you because the laws are not being upheld. Not because of anything you did but because of the president allowing others to do it.

Anther example. The president stimulating hate between the parties. If someone that is a Democrat knows you are a die hard Republican and Trump has blamed the Democrats for everything bad and the Democrat is angry because he has not done anything he considers wrong, he might come after you and your family to get back at what Trump said. That would not normally happen if Trump has not been so demeaning of the Democrats but because he was, it makes you (a republican) be at risk of someone wanting vengeance against Republicans.

Last edited:

Please. Every politician uses these tactics.

What does that mean? We should just close our eyes and do nothing? Do we not search for the "best possible?

No, I can agree we should take a stand. But it’s hard to steer the titanic.

No, I can agree we should take a stand. But it’s hard to steer the titanic.

So we just allow it to sink and kill us all, right?

By the way, nothing is ever easy. One thing for sure, if you don't try to make it better it won't get better.

Your thinking is fallacious because your premise is fallacious. Nice try, tho. Not really.

So we just allow it to sink and kill us all, right?

By the way, nothing is ever easy. One thing for sure, if you don't try to make it better it won't get better.

No, I am saying we should try. I just have doubts that much will change. The situation has grown too big, groups are too diametrically opposed and consider one another evil. In an existential fight, people feel justified with any means necessary to attain victory.

Every election might be the tipping point for either side. And they feel it.

Y

No, I don't expect you to get enraged by what he says because he is your idol. Nonetheless, you do get upset because others are accusing him unfairly (according to you). That enrages you. Bottom line, if the president did not complain about it and sluffed it off as "nothing to fret about", you anger would be less.
er.

LAffriot. Where are you getting all this 'anger' and rage' from me.???

Seems to me - most of it is coming from the left,#TDS

Your thinking is fallacious because your premise is fallacious. Nice try, tho. Not really.

Strong words but no facts delivered.

I could say the same thing as you, words are cheap. Try to prove your statements next time, if you desire any attention.

Who is talking about what YOU need or want. I am talking about the nation. If the nation did not need a leader (a president) then we would not elect one. The nation needs someone to lead us to a better future, a safer future, and a more peaceful future.

You personally might not do anything to make it a worse future but if for example the president does nothing to enforce the laws and the Constitution it would mean you and your family are more at risk overall as others might try to harm you because the laws are not being upheld. Not because of anything you did but because of the president allowing others to do it.

Anther example. The president stimulating hate between the parties. If someone that is a Democrat knows you are a die hard Republican and Trump has blamed the Democrats for everything bad and the Democrat is angry because he has not done anything he considers wrong, he might come after you and your family to get back at what Trump said. That would not normally happen if Trump has not been so demeaning of the Democrats but because he was, it makes you (a republican) be at risk of someone wanting vengeance against Republicans.

You have fallen for the media double switch tactics. Because you heard the Media call Trump the leader, well by golly that has to be true. Trump is not my leader. The way you talk bad about the man, if you declare him to be your true leader, it shocks me.

Trump was enemy Number 1 to Democrats the day he won the past election. Since the Media is a house organ of Democrats they too marked him as their enemy.

Call it whatever you like. Just the fact that you post consistently on a debate board means you are trying to be heard and that you have strong feelings about what is happening. You have always expressed strong feelings against the Democrats and the media, so evidently you have mimicking what Trump is saying. Whether they (the feelings) are anger or something more or something less, it is not important.

Given you repeat much of what Trump says means that Trump is a factor in your thinking. Given that the OP is about fallacious thinking and that it starts with him, it is safe to say that if he was not as critical of the Democrats, it is likely you would not be as critical yourself.

It was hardly moments past Trump being sworn in that we saw the outrage of the Democrats media where they whipped up the Democrats into a stunning display of rage.

You have fallen for the media double switch tactics. Because you heard the Media call Trump the leader, well by golly that has to be true. Trump is not my leader. The way you talk bad about the man, if you declare him to be your true leader, it shocks me.

Trump was enemy Number 1 to Democrats the day he won the past election. Since the Media is a house organ of Democrats they too marked him as their enemy.

Your mind is beginning to fail you Robert.

The definition of a leader is the head of a company, the head of group, the head of an ideology, and the head of country.

Trump was voted as the head of the United States. That is was President means. The top guy of a country. Whether someone considers him their leader or not is meaningless. He is "officially" the leader of the United States. As such, he has duties to follow. He has responsibilities to adhere to. He took an oath to that fact. As such, he can be judged on whether he is doing the job right or not.

Your post is totally meaningless. Like I said, it seems you are "losing it" at your advanced age.

Your mind is beginning to fail you Robert.

The definition of a leader is the head of a company, the head of group, the head of an ideology, and the head of country.

Trump was voted as the head of the United States. That is was President means. The top guy of a country. Whether someone considers him their leader or not is meaningless. He is "officially" the leader of the United States. As such, he has duties to follow. He has responsibilities to adhere to. He took an oath to that fact. As such, he can be judged on whether he is doing the job right or not.

Your post is totally meaningless. Like I said, it seems you are "losing it" at your advanced age.

You refuse to post and leave out the smarmy attacks. Why not straighten up and fly right?

You were told by me and others your OP is fallacious. Now it is more than that, it is mendacious.

Back
Top Bottom