• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fallaci: "This is what I write about Europe..

mbig

onomatopoeic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The great Oriana Fallaci (RIP). Right then. Right now.
About Islam, the EU, the West.
Part of a speech before the American Enterprise Institute on the eve of the publication of her book "The Rage and the Pride".
October 2002

How the West Was Won and How It Will Be Lost
also on the net as 'A Sermon for the West'

"...This is what I write about Europe: "Identical [are our] faults, the cowardices, the hypocrisies. Identical the blindness, the deafness, the lack of wisdom, the masochism.... Identical the ignorance and the lack of leadership that favors the Muslim invasion.
Identical the fad of the Politically Correct that encourages it.
To believe me, you only have to observe the financial club you proudly call European Union. A club that only serves to impose the rhetorical nonsense called common currency ... to pay fabulous and undeserved salaries (tax free) to the members of its inept and useless Parliament."

"A club that shelters more than 15 million sons of Allah and God knows how many of their terrorists ... A club that fornicates like a whore with the Arab countries and fills its pockets with their filthy petrodollars. The same petrodollars with which the Saudi Uncle Scrooges buy our ancient palaces, our banks, our commercial and industrial firms. A club, moreover, that dares to speak of cultural similarities with the Middle East.... [You] chatterers, you mentally retarded. Where the hell is the cultural similarity with the Middle East, you cretins, you silly clowns?!? At Mecca? At Bethlehem, at Gaza, at Damascus, at Beirut?!? At Cairo, at Tripoli, at Nairobi, at Tehran, at Baghdad, at Kabul?!?

"When I was very young, about 17 or so, I longed so much for a united Europe! I came from a war in which the [Europeans] had pitilessly slaughtered each other: remember? The damned Second World War. Plunged up to his neck in the brand-new struggle, my father preached the European Federalism.... He held rallies, he spoke to the crowds, he chanted: "Europe! Europe! We must make Europe!'"

"But this frustrating and disappointing and Insignificant financial club ... [with] its sons of Allah who want to erase my civilization, this European Union, which chatters of Cultural-Similarities-with-the-Middle-East and meanwhile ignores my beautiful language, meanwhile sacrifices my national identity, is not the Europe I dreamed of when my father chanted, Europe-Europe.
It is not Europe. It is the suicide of Europe."

Last edited:
de muzzlims are indevading, oh noes, dey will kill us all,we must ban burqas to stop thems, dont let dem muzzlims inna urop, dey dont belong, dey will impose shara law and stop that most non middle eastern religion ever, you know, christianity, its not like that has any relation to the middle east, but you then get these muslims in, and they'll do what, they'll all be terrorists, and blow these countries up, so they can impose sharia law, imagine that, a religion forcing its will on other people, those bloody muslims started it, damn them, and all this moving to europe, its gotta be to take it over, its not that the vast majority of muslim countries are a few centuries behind and they want to escape that, nah, they just wanna take over the world, how could they possibly be doing for there own safety when we all know that they're suicidal terrorists.

/rant off

The great Oriana Fallaci (RIP). Right then. Right now.
About Islam, the EU, the West.
Part of a speech before the American Enterprise Institute on the eve of the publication of her book "The Rage and the Pride".
October 2002

How the West Was Won and How It Will Be Lost
also on the net as 'A Sermon for the West'

It's very sad how once sensible and rational people can become unhinged in later life through illness and depression. Even Christopher Hitchens, born-again Islamophobe, recognised Fallaci's inability to write rationally about Islam.

*Looks out window. Fails to see Muslim invasion*

Suppose I'll hold off on buying that used camel dealership for a while.

As to the author, it's in his name.

Fallacy

It's very sad how once sensible and rational people can become unhinged in later life through illness and depression. Even Christopher Hitchens, born-again Islamophobe, recognised Fallaci's inability to write rationally about Islam.
On the Contrary.
She (News to Alvin above who doesn't even Know who Fallaci/"he" Is/Was! as clearly Spud-meister doesn't either), fought as a partisan against Fascism in her youth during WW2, and Fought it all her life.

Quite consistent to fight Islamo-Fascism. Not "unhinged" at all as she notes/connects ironically to more modern Europe herself in the excerp I posted.
She had started noting it many years before you called her "unhinged"; In famous Interviews with Kohmeini and Arafat.

As I've said several times on this board and others, there is a 'Generation gap', with most posters being too young so have any personal sense of history or knowledge.
At least andalublue had some sense of who she was and didn't make in Idiotic reply.
-

Last edited:
Andalablue's one of the best textbook communists on here. He votes for them, damns the EU only on points of capitalism and slanders dissidents and dissenters as deranged. And using Peter Hitchens to prove a point is breathtakingly brazen.

It's a joy to read him and I love locking horns from time to time.

"The great" Oriana wasn't that great if her warnings to Europe are unknown to Europeans.

On the Contrary.
She (News to Alvin above who doesn't even Know who Fallaci/"he" Is/Was! as clearly Spud-meister doesn't either), fought as a partisan against Fascism in her youth during WW2, and Fought it all her life.
And the rest of us Europeans didn't?......

Quite consistent to fight Islamo-Fascism. Not "unhinged" at all as she notes/connects ironically to more modern Europe herself in the excerp I posted.
She had started noting it many years before you called her "unhinged"; In famous Interviews with Kohmeini and Arafat.
Still waiting for her muslim invasion. I can get in on the ground floor here for that camel dealership!

As I've said several times on this board and others, there is a 'Generation gap', with most posters being too young so have any personal sense of history or knowledge.
And the other half dodginig senility?
At least andalublue had some sense of who she was and didn't make in Idiotic reply.
-
You shouldn't have made an idiotic post. You reap what you sow.

"The great" Oriana wasn't that great if her warnings to Europe are unknown to Europeans.

As you can see on this thread, and certainly elsewhere, there is a great deal of denial going on in Western Europe and the point that Mbig makes about younger Europeans is a a good one.

None of them had to fight for their freedom or national security. They know about the wars against Fascists and Nazis, of course, but its all history to them, not an ongoing process. They feel the battle has been won and they can all relax.

Further complicating the issue is that they don't know whether they are nationals first or Europeans first. Who do they fight for? I doubt there is one person living in Europe now who would fight and die for Europe. It's still little more than a concept, and any loyalty is only to that concept, not the reality.

Europe, because it has no direction and no sense of self, is ripe for the picking. Those who are arriving daily know it, as do those who are leaving. The rest will just muddle through, live in denail, and hope that if it gets really bad someone, somewhere, will come to their rescue.

As you can see on this thread, and certainly elsewhere, there is a great deal of denial going on in Western Europe and the point that Mbig makes about younger Europeans is a a good one.

None of them had to fight for their freedom or national security. They know about the wars against Fascists and Nazis, of course, but its all history to them, not an ongoing process. They feel the battle has been won and they can all relax.

Further complicating the issue is that they don't know whether they are nationals first or Europeans first. Who do they fight for? I doubt there is one person living in Europe now who would fight and die for Europe. It's still little more than a concept, and any loyalty is only to that concept, not the reality.

Europe, because it has no direction and no sense of self, is ripe for the picking. Those who are arriving daily know it, as do those who are leaving. The rest will just muddle through, live in denail, and hope that if it gets really bad someone, somewhere, will come to their rescue.

Oriana was not alone in needing her meds. Olanzapine will take the paranoid fantasy above, completely away. (It'll make you drowsy and fat too, but never mind ;) )

All of these posts about "Meds" are TROLLING and don't have a place here.
"Thanking" them, just as Ignorant.

Fallaci, agree or not, was a Coherent and credible journalist by any standard, arguably Italy's most famous.
Famous for telling the truth/pulling no punches/Never being intimidated.
She interviewed 'everyone who as anyone' in her time. Had access because of her fame/credibility.
She threw the head scarf she was forced to wear at Khomeini.
And yet the stupid trash here dare to mock her.

Clearly there are several posters in this string who have NO business posting on DP.
One person even thinking "Fallaci" is a "he" yet thinking himself qualified to discuss her or assess her sanity.
Proudly trumpeting Ignorance while dismissing knowledge.

And Grant, yes, it goes to history as well, but I am talking knowing ANYTHING about the last 10+ years!
When clearly some in this string of single digit age. Some don't even know who she is!

And Manc Skipper, because some are Ignorant of her (or any Historical figure), doesn't reflect on that figure, only themselves.
-

Last edited:

Christopher Hitchens does not speak in the easy, simple-minded cliche's so common among those selling the politically correct pablum geared towards an audience of undereducated conformists, true. He speaks up for liberal values, instead.

He's rather brilliant at that.

and beyond that, they don't have a clue as to what liberalism is at all. Somehow, they have arrived at the truly Orwellian position that their blind support for the most aggressively anti-liberal fanatics on the face of the earth is the sign of a true liberal.

On the Contrary.

-

Well, the very use of the recently-invented term "Islamo-Fascism" (was it Hitchens, Scardino, Safire or Cohen who first coined the term?) pretty much negates any claims to rationalism in my book. There is virtually no ideological or philosophical similarity between Islam and Fascism/Nazism. Putting the two terms together is just a crude rhetorical device that creates guilt by association.

and beyond that, they don't have a clue as to what liberalism is at all. Somehow, they have arrived at the truly Orwellian position that their blind support for the most aggressively anti-liberal fanatics on the face of the earth is the sign of a true liberal.

I don't get it either, Gardener. It seems that every couple of decades there is a new very special plan that comes along in Europe that will solve all their problems, that this new system is really the answer and, why didn't someone think of this before???

When Karl Marx famously suggested that "Workers of the world, unite!", he obviously didn't take culture, nationality, religion, etc. into account. It seems that whoever came up with this EU idea made the same error.

Christopher Hitchens does not speak in the easy, simple-minded cliche's so common among those selling the politically correct pablum geared towards an audience of undereducated conformists, true. He speaks up for liberal values, instead.

He speaks up for certain liberal values but demands that we protect them using illiberal and imperialistic methods. Kind of defeats the point, in my book.

He speaks up for certain liberal values but demands that we protect them using illiberal and imperialistic methods. Kind of defeats the point, in my book.

In defeating Nazism, Fascism, and Communism the Allied nations often did illiberal things, such as shoot other people. Sadly, this is often the only way these murderous movements can often be defeated.

While you might have won over Stalin, Hitler or Mussolini with the argument that we should all just get along, they may have just shot you first. That had been the fate of many others who tried similar methods.

You might try your liberal arguments with the Islamofacists, as Theo van Gogh, Daniel Pearl, Nick Berg and Paul Marshall Johnson, among many others, might have done. Who really knows?

But it's likely they would rather have had a gun in their hands rather than your book of liberal doctrine.

Coming from a communist voter, that's pretty brazen.

Well, the very use of the recently-invented term "Islamo-Fascism" (was it Hitchens, Scardino, Safire or Cohen who first coined the term?) pretty much negates any claims to rationalism in my book. There is virtually no ideological or philosophical similarity between Islam and Fascism/Nazism. Putting the two terms together is just a crude rhetorical device that creates guilt by association.

Looks like you went to Wiki for the origin of the term.
The place you got some of those names.
Of course had you given/Not Withheld the link we could see what the "similarities" are according to those who feel so:

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamofascism]Islamofascism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

.."The most obvious points of comparison would be these:
Both movements are based on a Cult of murderous violence that exalts death and destruction and despises the life of the mind. ("Death to the intellect! Long live death!" as Gen. Francisco Franco's sidekick Gonzalo Queipo de Llano so pithily phrased it.)
Both are hostile to modernity (except when it comes to the pursuit of weapons), and both are bitterly nostalgic for past empires and lost glories.
Both are obsessed with real and imagined "humiliations" and thirsty for revenge.
Both are chronically infected with the toxin of anti-Jewish paranoia (interestingly, also, with its milder cousin, anti-Freemason paranoia).
Both are inclined to leader worship and to the exclusive stress on the power of one great book.
Both have a strong commitment to sexual repression—especially to the repression of any sexual "deviance"—and to its counterparts the subordination of the female and contempt for the feminine.
Both despise art and literature as symptoms of degeneracy and decadence;
Both burn books and destroy museums and treasures.[3]..
Surely 'Coincidence' the planet's two most Islamic countries, Saudi Arabia and Iran ARE Fascist/Authoritarian Theocracies.
With Religous Police roaming the streets looking for women showing too much face or ankle.
What would be a good name for that?

Of course, that was merely for My very, very, rare use of 'Islamofascism'.
I don't hide behind the more obvious forms/add-ons that advertise it's problems. It's needlessly long compared to Islamism, or just plain Islam, which both are names for a Religio-Political philosophy that just isn't doing at all well at home or in the EU, and which I don't like.
But Fallaci's early history as a partisan fighting Mussolini, brought the 'Fascist' part to mind and I added to Islam in this case.
She knew fascism when she saw it... again.

and just because I used the term doesn't in any way excuse from having to deal with the Fallaci excerpt that doesn't.
Nice try at an dismissive dodge though.

The Fallaci revival has just Begun.
-

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Andalublue

There are a barrel of similarities between Nazism and Islam, as can be seen when comparing the Koran to Mein Kampf:

Islam Watch - "The First Final Solution of Jewish Question of Muhammad and the Quran" by Reason

http://pedestrianinfidel.blogspot.com/2006/05/koran-versus-mein-kampf.html

http://ibloga.blogspot.com/2009/01/quran-and-mein-kampf.html

Even Churchill knew it: http://richardlangworth.com/2009/02/mein-kampf-and-the-koran/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIYfseq_288"]YouTube- Mein Kampf & Quran Part 42[/ame]

The Koran has even been annotated, for easy reference of all the foul bits. I could scarcely stomach it:

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/Quran/index.htm

Muslims may consider Muhammad to be the perfect man, but in countless ways he was worse even than Hitler for his genocide, megalomania, paedophilia and terror campaigns:

Prophet of Doom - Islam's Terrorist Dogma in Muhammad's Own Words

Many peaceful, decent Muslims are shocked to discover all this because dutiful imams kept them innocent. Makes far fewer waves than telling them or persuading them to leave the faith. But other Muslims joy in this evil, which is partly why Mein Kampf is still such a hot seller in the Middle East even today.

Mein Kampf for sale, in Arabic - Telegraph

BBC NEWS | Europe | Hitler book bestseller in Turkey

Mein Kampf: Best seller in Muslim Bangladesh | Middle East Affairs Information Center | Articles, Analysis, Information, Downloads | We provide in depth information on Middle Eastern, Israeli and Palestinian Affairs, Antisemitism, the Arab-Israeli co

Lefties like to deny things like the Islamic holocausts and hatred of Jews, which is ironic given they shout about Nick Griffin all the time. But the know nothing about the close Nazi ties with people like the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (who brokered a deal with Hitler to send his Jews to the camps in return for Germany invading the Jewish lands for him). Muslims in Egypt wanted the British out so much they waited with baited breath for the German forces to enter Cairo in 1941. And there were plenty of war-crime Muslims in the Waffen SS when Hitler's back was against the wall.
Just shows how pig ignorant these 'Holohoax' Lefties actually are.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jacbJDDID4E"]YouTube- the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and the NAZIs[/ame]

The Arab/Muslim Nazi Connection - Anti-Semitism and Holocaust

Bosnian Moslems recruited the Nazi SS by Yasser Arafat's 'Uncle'

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAxrg7nMcs4"]YouTube- History Of The Albanian Muslim Nazi SS Skanderbeg Division[/ame]

The Role of Muslim SS divisions in Yugoslavia's Holocaust

MORE RESEARCH MATERIAL ON ISLAMO-SUPREMACISM:

http://www.debatepolitics.com/europ...supreme-protector-no-respect-some-people.html (Further links inside)

Last edited:
PS - It's also very revolting for Lefties to behave like this and then slander the memory of Miss Fellaci by going on about this deranged old woman who needs her pills.

Not only is it a disgusting personal attack but it's hypocrisy of the highest order.

When, for example, journalist Richard Littlejohn called Gordon Brown a retard, half the Left hit the roof. "How dare he insult both Gordon Brown and genuine retards like that", they say. What about dignity? What about feelings? What about rational arguments instead? People on medication are a no-go area they say.

But such is alright in the case of people not falling into line with politically-correct doctrine. It's open season, whoever you are. Even a mammoth mainstreamer like Nixon found himself for years at the receiving end of a concentrated hate campaign, years before Watergate, for daring to do things like crack down on Communism.

Leftists on here dislike me, presumably because I use post titles like Left Wing Vermin or tell uncomfortable truths about Michael Foot. I don't think they have much room for complaint.

Last edited:
PS - It's also very revolting for Lefties to behave like this and then slander the memory of Miss Fellaci by going on about this deranged old woman who needs her pills.

Not only is it a disgusting personal attack but it's hypocrisy of the highest order.

When, for example, journalist Richard Littlejohn called Gordon Brown a retard, half the Left hit the roof. "How dare he insult both Gordon Brown and genuine retards like that", they say. What about dignity? What about feelings? What about rational arguments instead? People on medication are a no-go area they say.

But such is alright in the case of people not falling into line with politically-correct doctrine. It's open season, whoever you are. Even a mammoth mainstreamer like Nixon found himself for years at the receiving end of a concentrated hate campaign, years before Watergate, for daring to do things like crack down on Communism.

Leftists on here dislike me, presumably because I use post titles like Left Wing Vermin or tell uncomfortable truths about Michael Foot. I don't think they have much room for complaint.
I agree.

The 'Shoutdowns' at American Universities are almost all from the Left or Muslims.
Speakers Like Israeli amassador to the USA, (moderate) Michael Oren, and right-wingers Ann Coulter and David Horowitz have been the ones unable to continue due to the Left or Muslim Disruption.
The below, the thugs from the 'mainstream'/national MSA/Muslim Students Ass'n.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w96UR79TBw"]YouTube- Uncivilized Tactics at UC Irvine (Rough Cut)[/ame]

also see:

Solomonia: Video: Michael Oren Shouted Down at UC Irvine (Updated)

-

Last edited:
The modern radical Left has been so successful in bringing itself into the mainstream that it's actually considered normal for this sort of thing to happen. How many students wearing Che Guevara t-shirts do you hear sympathising with murderous communist regimes without anyone supposed to be batting an eyelid? "Well, they're only young". But try going round glorying in Mussolini.....

When the 1960s generation of student leftists were at university they rioted with police and ranted about power to the people and redistributed wealth for the workers. But once they started to get good, academic well paid jobs they didn't fancy sharing their higher wages with the workers any more and so they dropped the economic Marxism. What was left was 'cultural' Marxism, which dictated that all societies and social divisions and countries should be torn down so that everyone could live in peace and unity, so there would be no more wars and no more inequality. Dangerous, naiive communist rubbish going against human nature but that's what they built with. That people across the world are that different that they need their own countries and societies seems neither here nor there.

Hate from the proper far-Right usually comes from marginalised dumb thugs who still glory in Adolf Hitler. The Che Guevara or Marx-obsessed Left ingrained itself into the system through government, media and administration since the '60s, so that the kind of political correctness and domination of the social consensus we see today is controlled by them. Indeed, many social engineering ministers in the Labour cabinet have been communists or related extremists in their pasts. Hence the massive opposition by mainstream figures for popular opinion on issues like street crime or immigration.

Anything which reacts against people like that and their policies cannot be tolerated and must be destroyed, even if it means siding with Muslim thugs to launch vitriolic vendetta campaigns against the once-defended Israelis.

http://www.academia.org/the-origins-of-political-correctness/

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/18027

Once when I was at college, a place where tutors spent their time telling kids that communism was misunderstood and that family passports are sexist, I thought I'd try a little experiment. I asked one of those tutors who considered themselves balanced what they would think if I came into college with a swastika t-shirt and talking up Hitler or Franco. They said they'd slam me an extremist and send me home after a disciplinary in the principal's office. But when I asked what the reaction would be if I wore a Che t-shirt and talked up Castro, I just got silence.

Go figure.

Last edited:
Oriana Fallaci: "Europe is Sicker Than I Am"
Fri, Aug 6, 2004
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/12034_Oriana_Fallaci-_Europe_is_Sicker_Than_I_Am
Perhaps the most brilliant paradigm-shattering interviewer of the 20th century, Oriana Fallaci has done her final interview—with herself:

Tough Italian Journalist Turns Eye on Self.
ROME - Oriana Fallaci, the Italian journalist known for ruthlessly grilling her subjects, says she detests interviews but has granted one herself — to herself — because she is dying of cancer.

The Milan daily Corriere della Sera published the slim volume, “Oriana Fallaci Interviews Oriana Fallaci,” as a supplement to its newspaper Friday.

In the work, Fallaci, 74, asks herself why she agreed to the interview.
“Because death is on my back. Medicine has issued the sentence: `Lady, you cannot get better. You won’t get better,’” is the reply.

Fallaci’s battle with cancer began some 11 years ago. In the early 1990s, she had surgery for breast cancer. Her latest work indicates that cancer has recurred. “I had a tremendous pain in my lungs and in my trachea and in my esophagus, where the Alien has made his nest,” she says of her recent ailments. Fallaci writes that she stopped taking care of herself, including having medical tests and seeing oncologists, on Sept. 11, 2001, the day of the terror attacks against the United States.

She said she needed to spend all her time writing and translating two books that have since been published and which, in her typically blunt style, reflect scathingly on society, including the differences between Christian and Islamic culture.

The second of the two, “The Strength of Reason,” came out this spring. In it, Fallaci accuses the Roman Catholic Church of being too weak before the Muslim world, and Europe of selling itself to Islam “like a prostitute.” Two years earlier, her best-selling essay “The Rage and The Pride” drew accusations that Fallaci was inciting hatred against Muslims.

In her work published Friday, Fallaci, a former war correspondent, says, “The West, Europe, Italy, is sicker than I am.”​
http://images.google.com/images?um=...=isch:1&q=oriana+fallaci&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=21

400x300fallaci.jpg

02a.jpg

oriana_fallaci.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom