• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fallaci: "This is what I write about Europe: II

mbig

onomatopoeic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I posted this March 4, 2010 here.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/67405-fallaci-write-europe.html
Lets see how she's done since she uttered it in 2002 - and since I Trumpeted it here 6 years ago.

The great Oriana Fallaci (RIP). Right then. Right now.
About Islam, the EU, the West.
Part of a speech before the American Enterprise Institute on the eve of the publication of her book "The Rage and the Pride".
October 2002
How the West Was Won and How It Will Be Lost
also on the net as 'A Sermon for the West'

...This is what I write about Europe: "Identical [are our] faults, the cowardices, the hypocrisies. Identical the blindness, the deafness, the lack of wisdom, the masochism....
Identical the ignorance and the lack of leadership that favors the Muslim invasion.
Identical the fad of the Politically Correct that encourages it.
To believe me, you only have to observe the financial club you proudly call European Union. A club that only serves to impose the rhetorical nonsense called common currency ... to pay fabulous and undeserved salaries (tax free) to the members of its inept and useless Parliament."

"A club that shelters more than 15 million sons of Allah and God knows how many of their terrorists ... A club that fornicates like a whore with the Arab countries and fills its pockets with their filthy petrodollars. The same petrodollars with which the Saudi Uncle Scrooges buy our ancient palaces, our banks, our commercial and industrial firms.
A club, moreover, that dares to speak of cultural similarities with the Middle East.... [You] chatterers, you mentally retarded. Where the hell is the cultural similarity with the Middle East, you cretins, you silly clowns?!? At Mecca? At Bethlehem, at Gaza, at Damascus, at Beirut?!? At Cairo, at Tripoli, at Nairobi, at Tehran, at Baghdad, at Kabul?!?

"When I was very young, about 17 or so, I longed so much for a united Europe! I came from a war in which the [Europeans] had pitilessly slaughtered each other: remember? The damned Second World War. Plunged up to his neck in the brand-new struggle, my father preached the European Federalism.... He held rallies, he spoke to the crowds, he chanted: "Europe! Europe! We must make Europe!'"

"But this frustrating and disappointing and Insignificant financial club ... [with] its sons of Allah who want to erase my civilization, this European Union, which chatters of Cultural-Similarities-with-the-Middle-East and meanwhile ignores my beautiful language, meanwhile Sacrifices my national identity, is not the Europe I dreamed of when my father chanted, Europe-Europe.
It is not Europe. It is the Suicide of Europe."

Last edited:
I posted this March 4, 2010 here.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe/67405-fallaci-write-europe.html
Lets see how she's done since she uttered it in 2002 - and since I Trumpeted it here 6 years ago.

The great Oriana Fallaci (RIP). Right then. Right now.
About Islam, the EU, the West.
Part of a speech before the American Enterprise Institute on the eve of the publication of her book "The Rage and the Pride".
October 2002
How the West Was Won and How It Will Be Lost
also on the net as 'A Sermon for the West'

She sounds like a ****ing fascist more then anything else. Swap out Muslims and "Saudi Uncle Scrooges" for Jews and "the Bolshevik menace" and you'd have a speech the SS would be proud of.

So, will Europe become an extention of islam or will they wise up, rise up, and take control?

That is the question of the century..

If Europe is controlled by Muslims, then the Muslims will lose against the world when they adopt European bureaucracy.

I regret reading her books now

Fallaci is dead and has been for nigh on 10 years. Probably as dead as this thread (has been for 6 years).:roll:

Not much point in calling her a hate speech nut any more even where she certainly got to be that in her time.

She's silent now.

Fallaci is dead and has been for nigh on 10 years. Probably as dead as this thread (has been for 6 years).:roll:

Not much point in calling her a hate speech nut any more even where she certainly got to be that in her time.

She's silent now.

so this thread shouldn't have been started

She sounds like a ****ing fascist more then anything else. Swap out Muslims and "Saudi Uncle Scrooges" for Jews and "the Bolshevik menace" and you'd have a speech the SS would be proud of.
You really Stepped in it Lefty!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriana_Fallaci#The_resistance_movement

The resistance movement

Fallaci was born in Florence, Italy, on 29 June 1929.[1] Her father Edoardo Fallaci, a cabinet maker in Florence, was a political activist struggling to put an end to the dictatorship of Italian fascist leader Benito Mussolini. Despite her youth, during World War II she joined the Italian anti-fascist resistance movement, Giustizia e Libertà, part of Resistenza. She later received a certificate for valour from the Italian army.[2] In a 1976 retrospective collection of her works, she remarked that:

"Whether it comes from a despotic sovereign or an elected president, from a murderous general or a beloved leader, I see power as an inhuman and hateful phenomenon ... I have always looked on disobedience toward the oppressive as the only way to use the miracle of having been born.[3]​

Her interview with Ayatollah Komeini
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriana_Fallaci#1970s

During her 1979 interview with Ayatollah Khomeini, she addressed him as a "Tyrant" and managed to unveil herself from the chador:

OF: I still have to ask you a lot of things. About the "chador", for example, which I was obliged to wear to come and interview you, and which you impose on Iranian women.... Iam not only referring to the dress but to what it represents,I mean the apartheid Iranian women have been forced into after the revolution.
They cannot study at the university with men, they cannot work with men, they cannot swim in the sea or in a swimming-pool with men. They have to do everything separately, wearing their "chador." By the way, how can you swim wearing a "chador"?

AK: None of this concerns you, our customs do not concern you. If you don't like the Islamic dress you are not obliged to wear it, since it is for young women and respectable ladies.

OF: This is very kind of you, Imam, since you tell me that, I'm going to immediately rid myself of this stupid medieval rag. There!.[8]​

She was Antifascist and ERGO - Anti-Islam.

Her opinions were born out from 2002 to 2010, when I posted it, and Proved overwhelming good since.
Thus the quite justified redux/update.

The only thing Dead here, as always, is Chagos' empty posts; to which we can now add Tigerace.
(and Medusa's Mindblowing Lie that she read OF's books!)

Last edited:

The resistance movement

Fallaci was born in Florence, Italy, on 29 June 1929.[1] Her father Edoardo Fallaci, a cabinet maker in Florence, was a political activist struggling to put an end to the dictatorship of Italian fascist leader Benito Mussolini. Despite her youth, during World War II she joined the Italian anti-fascist resistance movement, Giustizia e Libertà, part of Resistenza. She later received a certificate for valour from the Italian army.[2] In a 1976 retrospective collection of her works, she remarked that:

"Whether it comes from a despotic sovereign or an elected president, from a murderous general or a beloved leader, I see power as an inhuman and hateful phenomenon ... I have always looked on disobedience toward the oppressive as the only way to use the miracle of having been born.[3]​

During her 1979 interview with Ayatollah Khomeini, she addressed him as a "Tyrant" and managed to unveil herself from the chador:

OF: I still have to ask you a lot of things. About the "chador", for example, which I was obliged to wear to come and interview you, and which you impose on Iranian women.... Iam not only referring to the dress but to what it represents,I mean the apartheid Iranian women have been forced into after the revolution.
They cannot study at the university with men, they cannot work with men, they cannot swim in the sea or in a swimming-pool with men. They have to do everything separately, wearing their "chador." By the way, how can you swim wearing a "chador"?

AK: None of this concerns you, our customs do not concern you. If you don't like the Islamic dress you are not obliged to wear it, since it is for young women and respectable ladies.

OF: This is very kind of you, Imam, since you tell me that, I'm going to immediately rid myself of this stupid medieval rag. There!.[8]​

Her opinions were born out from 2002 to 2010, when I posted it, and Proved overwhelming good since.

The only thing Dead here, as always, is Chagos' empty posts; to which we can now add Tigerace.

you forgot to add me

She's silent now.

Let's have an example of that hate speech. A quote or a video will do.

The resistance movement

Congratulations you can read Wikipedia. Great job.

From what it looks like on Wikipedia, Giustiza e Libertà was a more or less left wing group---they fought for the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War.

So yeah--- that's still not any better.

Congratulations you can read Wikipedia. Great job.

From what it looks like on Wikipedia, Giustiza e Libertà was a more or less left wing group---they fought for the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War.

So yeah--- that's still not any better.
The chief Italian left wing paper La Repubblica once called her “ignorantissima,” an “exhibitionist posing as the Joan of Arc of the West.”

Guess the affinity that she and the left shared when she was a kid didn't last.

I never gave much for what she deemed to be "reporting". Too much in love with her own voice and far too interested in bothering everybody with her opinion to count as a good reporter.

I guess being in love with one's own voice is a trait shared by the OP, at least that could serve as explanation for warming up the dead, let alone linking to one's own thread of ages ago.:roll:

Nevertheless her interviews were something though, I'll posthumously give her that. Where totally devoid of objectivity she creamed virtually everybody that was unlucky and unwise enough to have agreed to be interviewed. And, to her credit, she never claimed to be objective in those. That took from the information value but sure added to entertainment.

Last edited:
the chief Italian Left Wing paper .....
:^)
She is remembered quite affectionately in her country, especially in light of recent events. Again, those events being the cogent point of this string.
Downright Prophetic I think.
ie
Giardini 'Oriana Fallaci', ma solo per tre ore - Cronaca - La Provincia
4/24/16

1461428302343.JPG--giardini__oriana_fallaci___ma_solo_per_tre_ore.JPG

EDIT to below.
"another" JANFU you too, NON-response despite an obviously Timely redux of Fallaci.
And his is hardly just "another" either...
This is the Original.
Thus it's special merit.

Last edited:

The resistance movement

Another thread where Muslims take over the world.
The world is changing and people think terror attacks are a Muslim thing.

The resistance movement

that looks good now ,I didnt know you were capable of reading my mind

Perhaps condemning all Muslims?

Perhaps condemning islamic political ideology that is not compatible with freedom and democracy..

I comdemn radical islmism too :confused:

How about hezbollah and hamas?

And I said "islamic political ideology that is not compatible with freedom and democracy"..

That's because they are..

No. No they aren't. There have been everything from Christian terrorist groups to Hindu Nationalist terrorist groups to even Buddhist terrorist groups, as well as pure nationalist terrorists groups going back hundreds of years.

The chief Italian left wing paper La Repubblica once called her “ignorantissima,” an “exhibitionist posing as the Joan of Arc of the West.”

Guess the affinity that she and the left shared when she was a kid didn't last.

I never gave much for what she deemed to be "reporting". Too much in love with her own voice and far too interested in bothering everybody with her opinion to count as a good reporter.

I guess being in love with one's own voice is a trait shared by the OP, at least that could serve as explanation for warming up the dead, let alone linking to one's own thread of ages ago.:roll:

Nevertheless her interviews were something though, I'll posthumously give her that. Where totally devoid of objectivity she creamed virtually everybody that was unlucky and unwise enough to have agreed to be interviewed. And, to her credit, she never claimed to be objective in those. That took from the information value but sure added to entertainment.

I'd honestly never heard of her before now---that was my first reaction in hearing what she said.

How about hezbollah and hamas?

And I said "islamic political ideology that is not compatible with freedom and democracy"..

hezbollah and hamas are not radicals ?:roll:

note ; islam and islamism are diffrent things

Back
Top Bottom