• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Fakers

Why do posters fake and post as someone else?

• Cowards wanting to express an opinion but fearing consequences of expressing such an opinion.

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Just looking to argue.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Rouse support for a cause.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Undermine oppositions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jfuh

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
There seems to be a growing amount of fakers on DP these days. IE the faker that posted the thread for dutch cartoon outrage who claimed to be a muslim. IMO just some nut head neo con trying to make an argument or show how radical islamists are.
Have you noticed a growing number of such phonies? Why do you think it is that they post such?

jfuh said:
There seems to be a growing amount of fakers on DP these days. IE the faker that posted the thread for dutch cartoon outrage who claimed to be a muslim. IMO just some nut head neo con trying to make an argument or show how radical islamists are.
Have you noticed a growing number of such phonies? Why do you think it is that they post such?

Do you have any real evidence to support your claim these posters you are speaking about are fake?On most political forums is a serious offense to have multiple accounts.

There are alot of people who just post on this site once and never return.
Becasue I see Members: 2,638, Active Members: 578 on the bottom of the forum index page.

jamesrage said:
Do you have any real evidence to support your claim these posters you are speaking about are fake?On most political forums is a serious offense to have multiple accounts.

There are alot of people who just post on this site once and never return.
Becasue I see Members: 2,638, Active Members: 578 on the bottom of the forum index page.
WHy do you challenge this James?

Cause he wants to **** with you.

Yeah your right. I mean c'mon. who names themself 'innocent Muslim? Obviously their just a bunch of werid people who want attention.

FinnMacCool said:
Cause he wants to **** with you.

Yeah your right. I mean c'mon. who names themself 'innocent Muslim? Obviously their just a bunch of werid people who want attention.
Exactly, argument for the sake of arguing.

I've noticed at least a couple. One was the one you mentioned, and there was another in one of the Brokeback Mountain threads.

As to the reason why people do this, I figure they can't get any attention in any positive way, so resort to this sort of acting out behavior. That, coupled with a desire to manufacture political opinion out of the reaction they get.

jfuh said:
WHy do you challenge this James?

Because I see accusations and no real evidence to support your claim.

jamesrage said:
Because I see accusations and no real evidence to support your claim.
Lol, how ironic that you would claim such.

I am with James on this one.......Who has done it and can your prove it?

If there is an issue where you believe a member is posting as another member, it can be brought to a Mod's attention...

Obviously we're not omniscient, but one thing we CAN do is check to see if that member uses multiple IP addresses and if any other members use those same addresses...

A member was recently suspended, then attempted to come back as someone else(two people actually)...That was a bad move...

Instead of taking a small vacation, they have now made themselves persona non grata permanently...

Just for the hell of it, I checked out the users here from an "IP" perspective...The users on this thread (jfuh, jamesrage, FinMacCool, Gardener & Navy Pride) are all good to go in case a hidden accusation is being made...

cnredd said:
If there is an issue where you believe a member is posting as another member, it can be brought to a Mod's attention...

Obviously we're not omniscient, but one thing we CAN do is check to see if that member uses multiple IP addresses and if any other members use those same addresses...

A member was recently suspended, then attempted to come back as someone else(two people actually)...That was a bad move...

Instead of taking a small vacation, they have now made themselves persona non grata permanently...

Just for the hell of it, I checked out the users here from an "IP" perspective...The users on this thread (jfuh, jamesrage, FinMacCool, Gardener & Navy Pride) are all good to go in case a hidden accusation is being made...

I for one think its childish to pull a stupid stunt like that.....

Navy Pride said:
I for one think its childish to pull a stupid stunt like that.....
Like what?...seeing if a member has another login?...

We actually have an icon that lets us do it with one click...

Your issue would be with the software and not the ones who use it...:shrug:

cnredd said:

There's the simplicity of logging in with a laptop from another AP. Or from a varied computer as a whole -> changing the IP. Even multiple ISP's will change the IP.
Yes there are people that are that rediculous when making any arguments.
IE I have a very difficult time in believing that Fakhri is indeed who he claims to be.

Last edited:
cnredd said:

Is there a way to see how many one post members this site has?

jfuh said:
There's the simplicity of logging in with a laptop from another AP. Or from a varied computer as a whole -> changing the IP. Even multiple ISP's will change the IP.
Yes there are people that are that rediculous when making any arguments.
IE I have a very difficult time in believing that Fakhri is indeed who he claims to be.
As I've said...We're not omniscient...They will always be ways invented for a workaround...I just mentioned one way to check...that's all...

jamesrage said:
Is there a way to see how many one post members this site has?
Yup...

Quick Links(next to the last one on the top right)
Member List
Click "Posts"...Count 'em up!...:2wave:

EDIT - I just did...348...

Last edited:
I think some of those single post accounts might be people who were scared away because their worldview was threatened by some of the excellent arguements I've seen on this site. ;)

cnredd said:

Who tried to come back in? If they're banned for good it doesn't matter to print his name. I'm guessing "Canuck?"

I have noticed that a bus load of "Muslims" have started to log in to start a thread and then dissapear lately.

Last edited:
cnredd said:
Yup...

Quick Links(next to the last one on the top right)
Member List
Click "Posts"...Count 'em up!...:2wave:

EDIT - I just did...348...

Cool. I'm in the top ten. (I really should look for a better way to use tax payer dollars while at work.)

The Mark said:
I think some of those single post accounts might be people who were scared away because their worldview was threatened by some of the excellent arguements I've seen on this site. ;)
Although I like your sentiment, unfortunately, I believe many were swayed by some of the more "undesirables" we have/had here...

There are folks here that we have come to understand when discussing their debating skills, lack thereof, or affiliations...

Imagine someone logging on for the first time and getting this as a response?...

Aryan Imperium said:
Aryan law is the basis of the legal code of an Aryan society: that is, the basis of "law and order" in an Aryan society.

All currently existing societies are not only un-Aryan, they are anti-Aryan: that is, they suppress and have outlawed Aryan law and the Aryan culture on which it is based.

Aryan law is the basis for true freedom. Any society which is based upon, which uses, any other type of law is a tyrannical society.

You just know a bunch of people were turned off by stuff like this...And that's without even going into the Lib/Con aspects...

cnredd said:
Although I like your sentiment, unfortunately, I believe many were swayed by some of the more "undesirables" we have/had here...

There are folks here that we have come to understand when discussing their debating skills, lack thereof, or affiliations...

Imagine someone logging on for the first time and getting this as a response?...

You just know a bunch of people were turned off by stuff like this...And that's without even going into the Lib/Con aspects...

Yeah, I can see that. The first time I ran into Aryan I was somewhat shocked by what he posted.

Then I made the mistake of trying to reason with him.

Didn't work.

(no offense Aryan)

I think that maybe there are people who join just to mess with people or start some trouble. I have known (when I was in high school) of people doing just that sort of thing. It's immature and stupid but who takes someone like that seriously?
For people like Aryan I know that they are either just messing around to stir things up or are just plain ignorant.
I actually like it here and like to argue with intelligent people who can hold their own, since I can't seem to find any in real life.

cnredd said:

No, having 2 identities.......I think that is really childish....

Back
Top Bottom