• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fake News LIED about Trump saying the military "got a 10% raise". HE DID NOT SAY THAT

Grokmaster

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Pres.Trump said that when the subject of a military raise was discussed in the budget talks, he said "they said we can make it (the raise) lower, but I said...no make it higher...5%...10%...higher..." to Congress, which approved a 2.6% raise the LARGEST SINCE BEFORE FORMER PRESIDENT MOMMY PANTS.

"THE BIG ONE". Trump would have gladly made it even higher.

This is ANOTHER of the daily examples of how the FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT LIES about what Pres.Trump ACTUALLY SAYS, and then they falsely claim "TRUMP LIED"....as the UNEDITED VIDEO of HIS COMMENTS PROVES.

Pres.Trump said that when the subject of a military raise was discussed in the budget talks, he said "they said we can make it (the raise) lower, but I said...no make it higher...5%...10%...higher..." to Congress, which approved a 2.6% raise the LARGEST SINCE BEFORE FORMER PRESIDENT MOMMY PANTS.

This is ANOTHER of the daily examples of how the FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT LIES about what Pres.Trump ACTUALLY SAYS, and then they falsely claim "TRUMP LIED"....as the UNEDITED VIDEO of HIS COMMENTS PROVES.

Exact quote by Trump: “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 years,” he said Wednesday. “And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

He continued:

“They said: ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.’ I said: ‘No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.’ ”
- from WAPO

Two sentences two lies. .........and you’re way late with the outrage.....:shrug:

Last edited:
Exact quote by Trump: “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 years,” he said Wednesday. “And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

He continued:

“They said: ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.’ I said: ‘No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.’ ”
- from WAPO

Two sentences two lies. .........and your way late with the outrage.....:shrug:

It is so easy to expose Grok's lies.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/26/politics/trump-misleads-military-pay-raise-again/index.html

They had plenty of people that came up, they said, 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3%, we could make it 2%, we could make it 4%,'" Trump told the troops about the latest pay raise. "I said, 'No. Make it 10%. Make it more than 10%.'"
'Cause it's been a long time, it's been more than 10 years. Been more than 10 years, that's a long time," Trump said, repeating the false claim.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-trump-military-pay-raise-20181227-story.html

Speaking to members of the military during his surprise trip overseas this week, President Donald Trump spoke about the raises they received.

"You haven't gotten one in more than 10 years - more than 10 years," he said Wednesday. "And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one."

He continued:

"They said: 'You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.' I said, 'No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.' "

The problem with those statements? They're not true.

As The Washington Post's Philip Rucker and Paul Sonne reported, the pay raise Trump authorized this year amounted to 2.6 percent, not 10 percent. And the troops have received a pay raise every year for decades.

GROK FAIL

I’m waiting for him to start spelling out lol!:lol:

Remember his fail thread about Cohen being entrapped? Then Cohen testified that he wasn't?

Or his fail thread that said that Melania was the first FLOTUS to visit a war zone since 1969? Except for both Bush FL, Hillary, Michelle.

The laughs just keep writing themselves.

This is what happens when we choose a few comfortable online sources to get our news from and believe only those because they support our world view: even when the mainstream media catches a lie on tape, they must be making it up because they're attacking 'our guy'.

There is as little point debating demonstrable facts as there is debating the color of the sky.

A tip for the red-hat brigade: when a politician (especially the president) is caught lying on tape, give it up. Don't bother defending it or blaming the source. It happened, deal with it and move on.

This is what happens when we choose a few comfortable online sources to get our news from and believe only those because they support our world view: even when the mainstream media catches a lie on tape, they must be making it up because they're attacking 'our guy'.

There is as little point debating demonstrable facts as there is debating the color of the sky.

A tip for the red-hat brigade: when a politician (especially the president) is caught lying on tape, give it up. Don't bother defending it or blaming the source. It happened, deal with it and move on.

He has zero ability to actually discern what is true and what is not. Boggling isn't it?

Would love to see your link. Going back to 2008 the top raises were 2008= 3.5, 2009=3.9, 2010=3.4. and now 2017=2.1, 2018=2.4 and 2019=2-6.

And btw here's the WH version of what the president said to the troops in regard to the 10%. I must be missing the 5% comment somehow.

They had plenty of people that came up. They said, “You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.” I said, “No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.” Because it’s been a long time. It’s been more than 10 years. It’s been more than 10 years. That’s a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...oops-al-asad-air-base-al-anbar-province-iraq/

He has zero ability to actually discern what is true and what is not. Boggling isn't it?

Well I don't think we should just pin it on one guy because we can all be guilty of bias. And it's not about 'our' guy or 'their' guy either: when a politician of any stripe is caught on tape lying, exaggerating, conflating, implying or spinning, they need to be called out.

Trump just does it a lot more than most.

Exact quote by Trump: “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 years,” he said Wednesday. “And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.

More or less ... are those not the same words he told Stormy Daniels after their tryst?

According to her, that was also not the truth either.

Yeah, this worked in the Melania/war zone thread too:

*snicker*

Please, that's the telltale sign of fully drinking the kool-aid...swallowing everything they hear *that conforms to their beliefs* whole. No acknowledgement that there could be more, or actual facts.

That's how they keep claiming 'fake news.' If it doesnt conform, it's fake. :doh​

Well I don't think we should just pin it on one guy because we can all be guilty of bias. And it's not about 'our' guy or 'their' guy either: when a politician of any stripe is caught on tape lying, exaggerating, conflating, implying or spinning, they need to be called out.

You, sir, are the master of the understatement! :thumbs:

Would love to see your link. Going back to 2008 the top raises were 2008= 3.5, 2009=3.9, 2010=3.4. and now 2017=2.1, 2018=2.4 and 2019=2-6.

And btw here's the WH version of what the president said to the troops in regard to the 10%. I must be missing the 5% comment somehow.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...oops-al-asad-air-base-al-anbar-province-iraq/

They had plenty of people that came up. They said, “You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.” I said, “No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.” Because it’s been a long time. It’s been more than 10 years. It’s been more than 10 years. That’s a long time. And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there. So congratulations.

And of course, knowing the disrespect that Trump has for POWs....only makes me want to vomit when he pretends to support the troops.

He seems to support the troops when he believes it would be politically advantageous.

Everyone is biased, that doesnt mean we are all incapable of evaluating conflicting information and critically assessing it.

Why are you lying about this? every news source that's worth it's salt shows that Trump promised 10%.

You're spreading fake news. Very UnAmerican.

Grok, you’re a crock.

Why are you lying about this? every news source that's worth it's salt shows that Trump promised 10%.

You're spreading fake news. Very UnAmerican.

Funny to see him cut and run after he got his ass kicked.....Another trump apologist booted

Not only is the OP completely wrong but he's praising the idea of Trump spending more money while slashing taxes. Is that conservatism?

This is how utterly absurd the Trumpets have gotten:
1) Lets take the OP at face value. If taken at face value we would have to conclude that Trump was STUPID enough to raise the issue of military pay while holiday visiting troops in the field while at the same time being utterly incapable of communicating to those same troops that he actually had a desire to make their pay raise higher but failed to be convincing in that effort. How hard would that have been to do?
2) I don't think you can take the OP at face value. Trump was trying to play both ends against the middle, a well used Trumpian tactic. He was trying to take credit for something that didn't happen. A left handed LIE at least which is A LIE and really an outright lie.

But there is so much STUPID in either option, so much dishonesty in either option, so much unscrupulousness in either option that we could discuss in this ridiculous thread that it simply does not matter! Which do you want Trumpians, Stupid, unscrupulous, lying SOB unable to communicate or Stupid, unscrupulous lying SOB? Take your pick!

He continued:

- from WAPO

Two sentences two lies. .........and you’re way late with the outrage.....:shrug:
The first sentence isnt true, but there is no way to determine if the second sentence is true or not. He didnt say he gave the troops a 10% raise, he said he supported such a raise. He was talking about a discussion of pay raises and what he said in response to what 'they' (whoever they are) said.

No link, no evidence, hell heard him say it myself. You sure are getting OWNED a lot lately on here, must hurt?:2rofll:

Back
Top Bottom