• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fake News LIED about Trump saying the military "got a 10% raise". HE DID NOT SAY THAT

And to fight the serial liar Donald Trump, you libs nominate the congenital liar Hillary Clinton. Good move.

No, the Democratic party, "superdelegates", and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz pre-determined that Hillary was the nominee. Bernie was the overwhelming choice of all but some southern and a few midwestern states (redder places), she was the "GOP lite" candidate. Every time we do that, it seems to fail.

He essentially lost California cuz "he can't win anyway by now" because of how things were rigged. If not for that he'd have won California, I'd bet.

Bernie would have crushed Trump like a bug on the windshield, and the polling showed that all along.:cool: The Democratic party blew that, not "the libs".:roll:

Last edited:
I am not dancing around anything. You are claiming to have asked a direct question when you have not done so.

Here is your post #70:
"Why are you trying to dance around defining what s lie. Trump predicted he could get Mexico to "pay" for the wall. A nebulous term at best but because you dont like him you are comfortable calling it a lie and him a liar.

Is Obama a liar for telling everyone they could keep their doctor or was he just wrong? Do you treat them both to the same standard?"

That is a conglomeration of equivalencies....aimed at trying to get me to dance with you toward a false equivalency. You are not actually posing a direct question. Your post #72 would be close to a direct question if it did not directly and obviously relate to your post #70.

The thread topic is: Fake News LIED about Trump saying the military "got a 10% raise". HE DID NOT SAY THAT

What does that have to do with the many Wall discussions in this forum or Obama and the ACA?

I was going to cut you a break and show you what a direct question looks like. But now you are beginning to bore me and I think I will let you try to figure it out for yourself.
The conversation drifted but I did cover the claim that he said they got a 10% raise earlier

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The conversation drifted but I did cover the claim that he said they got a 10% raise earlier

So did I. Trump lied if you want to start that discussion up again.

Bernie was the overwhelming choice of all but some southern and a few midwestern states (redder places), she was the "GOP lite" candidate.

My mom is an elderly Black woman and she loved Hillary. Lots of elderly Black and White women liberals love Hillary. Generally, Bernie wasn't able to motive Black voters.

I liked Bernie but I voted for Hillary too. For all Hillary's faults she's incredibly intelligent. Probably more so than even Bill Clinton. She created Bill Clinton.

Also, I disagreed with free college tuition. College is being replaced by online education. If the government starts paying the bill then we'll never transition to a much cheaper effective online educational system.

If Bernie runs I'll probably vote for him.

So did I. Trump lied if you want to start that discussion up again.
Not really I already showed that he did not claim he gave them a 10% raise. I rather not sell my cabbages twice.

Not really I already showed that he did not claim he gave them a 10% raise. I rather not sell my cabbages twice.

And here is the answer to that nonsense from my post #69 in this very same thread:
I decided to just take this issue on directly because this is another case of Trumpets simply holding the most ignorant, absurdly juvenile understanding of the responsibilities of the Chief Executive or are simply too unscrupulous to care, hence trolling the entire country. Good luck with either Trumpets.

Here is the actual Trump quote before the Troops:
"You know, plenty of people said we could make your raise smaller. They said we could make it 3%, we could make it 4%. I said no. Make it 10%!"

Did Donald holiday visit the troops as candidate Donald, as private citizen Donald or as congressman Donald? NO....he visited the troops in the field as the Chief Executive of the United States, their Commander in Chief. I have argued in this thread that discussing politics under those circumstances treats those troops as pawns and further argued that breeching the topic of Military Pay was absurd. Addressing the issue of Military pay the way he addressed it was a LIE.

When the Chief Executive speaks he can only "honestly" discuss what he has accomplished as Chief Executive. Talking about what he tried to do but what he could not accomplish is patently absurd on its face and is in fact a left handed lie at best. "I said no, make it 10%" from the lips of the Chief Executive can only be taken one way, and that is to tell the audience "that is what we did" PERIOD. There is no wiggle room on this point precisely because he is the Chief Executive of his Administration and therefore is speaking for the accomplishments, not the efforts of but the accomplishments of his Executive Office.

As STUPID as it would have been for the Chief Executive to try to imply an effort that failed, had Trump wanted to do that, there was a simple remedy. He could have easily said "that he actually had a desire to make their pay raise higher but failed to be convincing in that effort". Again makes little to no sense for the Chief Executive to make any statement regarding an Executive effort regarding military pay in that setting. However had he framed it that way, at least he would not have been LYING assuming that internal government discussions regarding Military pay played out that way.

I don't care if Trump was reading off prepared text before the troops or not. If it was prepared text it is too Trumpian to have come from anybody but Donald and it was an effort to burn the candle from both ends...to avoid the truth while saying something and if you are going to skirt the truth and can't resist the temptation to flap your gums you inevitability end up LYING!

There is so much STUPID in either meaning to say "we increased your pay by 10%" or "that we tried and failed". There is so much dishonesty in either option, so much unscrupulousness in either option that we could discuss in this ridiculous thread that it simply does not matter! You are left with only two options Trumpets. Your champion is either a Stupid, unscrupulous, lying SOB unable to communicate or a Stupid, unscrupulous, lying SOB? Take your pick!

And here is the answer to that nonsense from my post #69 in this very same thread:
I decided to just take this issue on directly because this is another case of Trumpets simply holding the most ignorant, absurdly juvenile understanding of the responsibilities of the Chief Executive or are simply too unscrupulous to care, hence trolling the entire country. Good luck with either Trumpets.

Here is the actual Trump quote before the Troops:
"You know, plenty of people said we could make your raise smaller. They said we could make it 3%, we could make it 4%. I said no. Make it 10%!"

Did Donald holiday visit the troops as candidate Donald, as private citizen Donald or as congressman Donald? NO....he visited the troops in the field as the Chief Executive of the United States, their Commander in Chief. I have argued in this thread that discussing politics under those circumstances treats those troops as pawns and further argued that breeching the topic of Military Pay was absurd. Addressing the issue of Military pay the way he addressed it was a LIE.

When the Chief Executive speaks he can only "honestly" discuss what he has accomplished as Chief Executive. Talking about what he tried to do but what he could not accomplish is patently absurd on its face and is in fact a left handed lie at best. "I said no, make it 10%" from the lips of the Chief Executive can only be taken one way, and that is to tell the audience "that is what we did" PERIOD. There is no wiggle room on this point precisely because he is the Chief Executive of his Administration and therefore is speaking for the accomplishments, not the efforts of but the accomplishments of his Executive Office.

As STUPID as it would have been for the Chief Executive to try to imply an effort that failed, had Trump wanted to do that, there was a simple remedy. He could have easily said "that he actually had a desire to make their pay raise higher but failed to be convincing in that effort". Again makes little to no sense for the Chief Executive to make any statement regarding an Executive effort regarding military pay in that setting. However had he framed it that way, at least he would not have been LYING assuming that internal government discussions regarding Military pay played out that way.

I don't care if Trump was reading off prepared text before the troops or not. If it was prepared text it is too Trumpian to have come from anybody but Donald and it was an effort to burn the candle from both ends...to avoid the truth while saying something and if you are going to skirt the truth and can't resist the temptation to flap your gums you inevitability end up LYING!

There is so much STUPID in either meaning to say "we increased your pay by 10%" or "that we tried and failed". There is so much dishonesty in either option, so much unscrupulousness in either option that we could discuss in this ridiculous thread that it simply does not matter! You are left with only two options Trumpets. Your champion is either a Stupid, unscrupulous, lying SOB unable to communicate or a Stupid, unscrupulous, lying SOB? Take your pick!

Total BULL****.

The VIDEO is the VIDEO, and Pres.Trump DID NOT SAY that they "Got a 10% raise" , no matter how you try to manipulate his ACTUAL WORDS to pretend he did.

It is ANOTHER, EXPOSED, FAKE NEWS LIE about what the President says...and far from the first.

Pres.Trump said that when the subject of a military raise was discussed in the budget talks, he said "they said we can make it (the raise) lower, but I said...no make it higher...5%...10%...higher..." to Congress, which approved a 2.6% raise the LARGEST SINCE BEFORE FORMER PRESIDENT MOMMY PANTS.

"THE BIG ONE". Trump would have gladly made it even higher.

This is ANOTHER of the daily examples of how the FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT LIES about what Pres.Trump ACTUALLY SAYS, and then they falsely claim "TRUMP LIED"....as the UNEDITED VIDEO of HIS COMMENTS PROVES.

Good post. Look at all the likes you got then look at the first reply which proved you a liar, over 10 likes. LOL

the old you shot yourself in the foot .

Total BULL****.

The VIDEO is the VIDEO, and Pres.Trump DID NOT SAY that they "Got a 10% raise" , no matter how you try to manipulate his ACTUAL WORDS to pretend he did.

It is ANOTHER, EXPOSED, FAKE NEWS LIE about what the President says...and far from the first.

then why did fat Huckleberry come out the next day to run cover for him? LOL

Give it up, you screwed up in your hero worship.

Good post. Look at all the likes you got then look at the first reply which proved you a liar, over 10 likes. LOL

the old you shot yourself in the foot .

Because "likes" is what determines TRUTH.

Another DP leftist who has NEVER EVEN WATCHED THE VIDEO to see what the President ACTUALLY SAID...which PROVES MY POINT BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

The old "Put Your Foot In Your Mouth."

then why did fat Huckleberry come out the next day to run cover for him? LOL

Give it up, you screwed up in your hero worship.

Please play the video of BOTH Trump's speech , and Sarah Sanders (misogynist much?) also pointing out the Truth, instead of your silliass, bull**** posts.

The OP is absolutely correct.

Exact quote by Trump: “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 years,” he said Wednesday. “And we got you a big one. I got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

He continued:

“They said: ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3 percent. We could make it 2 percent. We could make it 4 percent.’ I said: ‘No. Make it 10 percent. Make it more than 10 percent.’ ”
- from WAPO

Two sentences two lies. .........and you’re way late with the outrage.....:shrug:

Thanks for proving my point. HE DID NOT SAY they GOT A 10% RAISE.
He said he wanted to make it bigger than it was.

As it is it is the LARGEST RAISE since before Pres.Mommy Pants.

Reading comp. troubles?

Because "likes" is what determines TRUTH.

Another DP leftist who has NEVER EVEN WATCHED THE VIDEO to see what the President ACTUALLY SAID...which PROVES MY POINT BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT.

The old "Put Your Foot In Your Mouth."

I have sen it several times. The guy is a lying piece of ****.

I know it, you know it, we all know it.

Please play the video of BOTH Trump's speech , and Sarah Sanders (misogynist much?) also pointing out the Truth, instead of your silliass, bull**** posts.

The OP is absolutely correct.

I hate loud fat aggressive women
call me as you wish

Reading comp. troubles?

You are splitting hairs, Trump is human garbage and we all know it.

It is so easy to expose Grok's lies.

This thread makes me wonder. When the hardcore Trumper's, such a Grok, comes in here to Debate Politics, pisses on our leg and tells us it's raining, telling us all that we did not hear what we heard, did not see what we saw, etc., does this not work against the very purpose he is working for?

Further, what would it cost, money-wise to make YOU sell your integrity and character, such as Grok does in almost each and every post he makes?

This make me believe that Grok is a paid Russian antagonist or, at worst, a "bot." For no human I know, is so willing to blurt out the blatant lies, he so often does, here at DP. Sure, other Trumpers here do take liberties with the truth but to their credit, at least they TRY to spin it to where their point of view MIGHT be considered. But not Grok. It pure, unapologetic B.S. he brings to the table here. I think he is either a real person with a dire lack of character or he is not a real person at all.

What say you guys? Russian bot or idiot?

This thread makes me wonder. When the hardcore Trumper's, such a Grok, comes in here to Debate Politics, pisses on our leg and tells us it's raining, telling us all that we did not hear what we heard, did not see what we saw, etc., does this not work against the very purpose he is working for?

Further, what would it cost, money-wise to make YOU sell your integrity and character, such as Grok does in almost each and every post he makes?

This make me believe that Grok is a paid Russian antagonist or, at worst, a "bot." For no human I know, is so willing to blurt out the blatant lies, he so often does, here at DP. Sure, other Trumpers here do take liberties with the truth but to their credit, at least they TRY to spin it to where their point of view MIGHT be considered. But not Grok. It pure, unapologetic B.S. he brings to the table here. I think he is either a real person with a dire lack of character or he is not a real person at all.

What say you guys? Russian bot or idiot?

I agree, Grok is bought and paid for. No one could make such idiotic threads and inane posts...

Reading comp. troubles?

Please spare us the grammar gymnastics.

In 2018 Trump requested a military pay increase of 2.1% which was below what congress recommended. Congress overrode him and instead gave the troops their recommended 2.4%. For 2019, Trump requested a "modest" pay increase of 2.6% which just so happened to exactly match the congressional recommendation based on the Employment Cost Index, and (to no one's surprise) congress approved it.

Whether we're talking factual statements, political rhetoric, vague implications, any way you slice it: Trump LIED through his teeth to the troops and to the American public. And no one is surprised by this.

Back
Top Bottom