• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fake News LIED about Trump saying the military "got a 10% raise". HE DID NOT SAY THAT

But...Obama!

Is the thread about him?

No, its about Grok lying and running away from his idiotic posts.
You accused trump of being a liar which is a subjective term. I am trying to determine where y0u draw your line.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not really I find it to be a common trait in cult trump members...

I find LYING about what Pres.Trump actually says, like the LIE that he claimed that the military "got a 10% raise ", is a common trait in TDS cult members.

Bull****. Nearly ALL FAKE NEWS LIES about what he said, just like the FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT LIE about him saying the military "got a 10% raise".

The Lying Left LIES about what he says, and then calls him a liar...again, and again, and again.

This thread proves only the LATEST EXAMPLE.

LOL you live in fantasyland. Cult 45 ... always goes down smooth.

Pretty much everything that comes out of Donald Trump's mouth is a lie. That you are unable to comprehend that says a lot more about you than it does about the media.

You accused trump of being a liar which is a subjective term.

Actually no. A liar is one who lies. That is objective. The only degree is relative to others who lie. Compared to others, Trump is a massive liar. He has objectively been shown to literally lie about anything, even crap that doesn't matter.

What truly distinguishes him is that most other people, when confronted with their lies, either apologize or make an excuse for their lie. Trump, in contrast, never apologizes. To the contrary, he usually doubles down when confronted with facts. Occasionally, he denies he ever said the lie, even when he has been recorded doing so.

This is why his lawyer Daud [sp] advised him to never, under any circumstances, sit down for an interview with Mueller, lest he wind up in prison.

My personal favorite Trump lie:

"I own one of the largest wineries in the country." That's ****ing adorable.

Actually no. A liar is one who lies. That is objective. The only degree is relative to others who lie. Compared to others, Trump is a massive liar. He has objectively been shown to literally lie about anything, even crap that doesn't matter.

What truly distinguishes him is that most other people, when confronted with their lies, either apologize or make an excuse for their lie. Trump, in contrast, never apologizes. To the contrary, he usually doubles down when confronted with facts. Occasionally, he denies he ever said the lie, even when he has been recorded doing so.

This is why his lawyer Daud [sp] advised him to never, under any circumstances, sit down for an interview with Mueller, lest he wind up in prison.

My personal favorite Trump lie:

"I own one of the largest wineries in the country." That's ****ing adorable.
So anyone who says something untrue is a liar to you. Pelosi lied when she told trump he didnt have the votes in the house? She is a liar?

Re: Fake News LIED about Trump saying the military "got a 10% raise". HE DID NOT SAY THAT

We are talking about 1 specific claim he made. Is it a lie when he claims Mexico will pay for the wall?

Yes.

+1

Re: Fake News LIED about Trump saying the military "got a 10% raise". HE DID NOT SAY THAT

Pick up your checkers and go home, we are playing chess

Pick up your checkers and go home, we are playing chess

lol. Nice try.

So anyone who says something untrue is a liar to you. Pelosi lied when she told trump he didnt have the votes in the house? She is a liar?

There is a difference between telling a lie and being a serial liar. There is a difference between being a serial liar and a pathological liar. Some try to cut Trump a break and only categorize him as a serial liar. Those of us that have watched his act for DECADES would more properly place him in the category of a pathological liar.

We all understand that Trump supporters don't care about honesty. They only care that Trump triggers liberals. But what you don't get is what many of us hate most about Trump is that he's a liar.

You admit he's a liar yet you believe him when he claims no involvement with Russians despite being repeatedly caught lying about his involvement with Russians?

I'm sorry but liberals are on the right side here. It must indeed be challenging to ignore any shred of integrity and common sense that you have for the sake of partisanship.

Trump will lose in 2020 and take the party down with him.

You claiming that liberals are upset by dishonesty might be the most dishonest thing you have ever said. :lamo I dont defend Trump when he lies and I didnt here. I acknowledged that his first claim was false but have simply been pointing out that Trump did not say that he gave them a 10% raise. As for collusion with Russia, it isnt a matter of believing him, it is the lack of evidence to say it happened. It has been a liberal lie from the start, but here you are, Mr. Honesty, defending that lie for the last nearly 3 years..

There is a difference between telling a lie and being a serial liar. There is a difference between being a serial liar and a pathological liar. Some try to cut Trump a break and only categorize him as a serial liar. Those of us that have watched his act for DECADES would more properly place him in the category of a pathological liar.

And to fight the serial liar Donald Trump, you libs nominate the congenital liar Hillary Clinton. Good move.

It's not really an odd thing for Trump to lie about, since while he was speaking in front of troops, they weren't his audience. His audience was the goobers out there in America -- his "base," if you will -- who actually believe what this lying asshole says.

Uh...no.

And to fight the serial liar Donald Trump, you libs nominate the congenital liar Hillary Clinton. Good move.

Oh I fall into the pathological liar in the case of Donald Trump. Those that claim him a serial liar simply do not know him well enough on the one hand and are simply scared out of their wits that we have actually put a pathological liar in the WH and they simply do not want to deal with that reality.

A pathological liar is a habitual liar, one who will lie even when there is no personal gain to be had in lying. As for trying to either pre-determine how I voted in 2016...Nice try but you have no idea and as far as categorizing Hillary as a "congenital liar" again nice try but NO!

We see one of Trump's first examples of pathological lying as Chief Executive in his first State of the Union address. HIs quote:
“Here tonight is one leader in the effort to defend our country,” Trump began. “Homeland Security Investigations Special Agent Celestino Martinez – he goes by DJ and CJ. He said call me either one. So, we’ll call you CJ.”

"Trump claimed he was told it was fine to say his name wrong, and his prepared remarks say nothing about a “DJ.”

The lie Trump told during the State of the Union was clearly the work of a pathological lier. The lie he told after the address was a standard fair lie told to cover the pathological lie told during the address.

That was an utter and complete lie that did not even have a personal gain of any sort for Trump. He just lies out of habit which is the very definition of a pathological liar. Lies escape Donald's mouth when the truth would actually be a better option for him. You can try to draw whatever distinction you want to between congenital liar and pathological liar. Hillary is neither though she does tell lies. Donald is both!

Last edited:
I guess I am. I like Trump. Its challenging as hell at times to defend the guy, but I enjoy a good challenge. And I love arguing with liberals, so Im enjoying myself.
And he drives you guys crazy. lol

You guess you are what?

I decided to just take this issue on directly because this is another case of Trumpets simply holding the most ignorant, absurdly juvenile understanding of the responsibilities of the Chief Executive or are simply too unscrupulous to care, hence trolling the entire country. Good luck with either Trumpets.

Here is the actual Trump quote before the Troops:
"You know, plenty of people said we could make your raise smaller. They said we could make it 3%, we could make it 4%. I said no. Make it 10%!"

Did Donald holiday visit the troops as candidate Donald, as private citizen Donald or as congressman Donald? NO....he visited the troops in the field as the Chief Executive of the United States, their Commander in Chief. I have argued in this thread that discussing politics under those circumstances treats those troops as pawns and further argued that breeching the topic of Military Pay was absurd. Addressing the issue of Military pay the way he addressed it was a LIE.

When the Chief Executive speaks he can only "honestly" discuss what he has accomplished as Chief Executive. Talking about what he tried to do but what he could not accomplish is patently absurd on its face and is in fact a left handed lie at best. "I said no, make it 10%" from the lips of the Chief Executive can only be taken one way, and that is to tell the audience "that is what we did" PERIOD. There is no wiggle room on this point precisely because he is the Chief Executive of his Administration and therefore is speaking for the accomplishments, not the efforts of but the accomplishments of his Executive Office.

As STUPID as it would have been for the Chief Executive to try to imply an effort that failed, had Trump wanted to do that, there was a simple remedy. He could have easily said "that he actually had a desire to make their pay raise higher but failed to be convincing in that effort". Again makes little to no sense for the Chief Executive to make any statement regarding an Executive effort regarding military pay in that setting. However had he framed it that way, at least he would not have been LYING assuming that internal government discussions regarding Military pay played out that way.

I don't care if Trump was reading off prepared text before the troops or not. If it was prepared text it is too Trumpian to have come from anybody but Donald and it was an effort to burn the candle from both ends...to avoid the truth while saying something and if you are going to skirt the truth and can't resist the temptation to flap your gums you inevitability end up LYING!

There is so much STUPID in either meaning to say "we increased your pay by 10%" or "that we tried and failed". There is so much dishonesty in either option, so much unscrupulousness in either option that we could discuss in this ridiculous thread that it simply does not matter! You are left with only two options Trumpets. Your champion is either a Stupid, unscrupulous, lying SOB unable to communicate or a Stupid, unscrupulous, lying SOB? Take your pick!

Why are you trying to dance around defining what s lie. Trump predicted he could get Mexico to "pay" for the wall. A nebulous term at best but because you dont like him you are comfortable calling it a lie and him a liar.

Is Obama a liar for telling everyone they could keep their doctor or was he just wrong? Do you treat them both to the same standard?

Why are you trying to dance around defining what s lie. Trump predicted he could get Mexico to "pay" for the wall. A nebulous term at best but because you dont like him you are comfortable calling it a lie and him a liar.

Is Obama a liar for telling everyone they could keep their doctor or was he just wrong? Do you treat them both to the same standard?

I am not dancing around anything. Nice try AGAIN!

I am not dancing around anything. Nice try AGAIN!
Still you continue to dance around addressing my question. It's obvious the answer exposes the defects in your position.

Pres.Trump said that when the subject of a military raise was discussed in the budget talks, he said "they said we can make it (the raise) lower, but I said...no make it higher...5%...10%...higher..." to Congress, which approved a 2.6% raise the LARGEST SINCE BEFORE FORMER PRESIDENT MOMMY PANTS.

"THE BIG ONE". Trump would have gladly made it even higher.

This is ANOTHER of the daily examples of how the FAKE NEWS/LYING LEFT LIES about what Pres.Trump ACTUALLY SAYS, and then they falsely claim "TRUMP LIED"....as the UNEDITED VIDEO of HIS COMMENTS PROVES.

How much are the Russians paying you Grok?

Find out WTF you're blathering about for a change.

Trump DID NOT SAY the military got a 10% RAISE.

The FAKE NEWS /LYING LEFT lied their asses off about it...as he SAID NO SUCH THING.

Why TF would anyone "run" from the lameass left?

Some of us have lives going on in the Real World...

You got owned again...by the president's own words.

Are you ever right?

GROK FAIL

Still you continue to dance around addressing my question. It's obvious the answer exposes the defects in your position.

I am not dancing around anything. You are claiming to have asked a direct question when you have not done so.

Here is your post #70:
"Why are you trying to dance around defining what s lie. Trump predicted he could get Mexico to "pay" for the wall. A nebulous term at best but because you dont like him you are comfortable calling it a lie and him a liar.

Is Obama a liar for telling everyone they could keep their doctor or was he just wrong? Do you treat them both to the same standard?"

That is a conglomeration of equivalencies....aimed at trying to get me to dance with you toward a false equivalency. You are not actually posing a direct question. Your post #72 would be close to a direct question if it did not directly and obviously relate to your post #70.

The thread topic is: Fake News LIED about Trump saying the military "got a 10% raise". HE DID NOT SAY THAT

What does that have to do with the many Wall discussions in this forum or Obama and the ACA?

I was going to cut you a break and show you what a direct question looks like. But now you are beginning to bore me and I think I will let you try to figure it out for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom