• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Failed Attempt to Save Donald from Himself

:agree: I can't recall when we have had a more unorthodox nominee than Trump as far as being totally off-the-wall with his comments! It would not surprise me, as an example, if his coinage of unflattering nicknames about his rivals during the GOP debates - on national TV with millions of viewers no less, became part of a future board game like Trivial Pursuit because they have become so well known! Perhaps that's his way of keeping people off-balance when he is negotiating business deals, but would that work when negotiating trade agreements or other political business deals on behalf of this country? Who knows? He does own businesses all over the world, so he is not a novice in deal making, so I guess if everyone involved can walk away satisfied and smiling after concluding a deal, his technique must be successful? ...just thinking out loud... :mrgreen:

For the record, Fivethirtyeight is my favorite site for honesty in poll taking - I trust them not to be partisan.
Most reliable site I have seen too.

Early on, their analytics totally underestimated Trump's chances to win the GOP Primary. They've since adjusted, learned from their mistakes.

I've read a few of Nate Silver's explanations on the nuts and bolts of those adjustments, but I could never articulate them here in a few short sentences. Suffice it to say, these math geeks know their stuff.

Most reliable site I have seen too.

Early on, their analytics totally underestimated Trump's chances to win the GOP Primary. They've since adjusted, learned from their mistakes.

I've read a few of Nate Silver's explanations on the nuts and bolts of those adjustments, but I could never articulate them here in a few short sentences. Suffice it to say, these math geeks know their stuff.

Greetings, calamity. :2wave:

:agree: :thumbs:

My theory is that he is collecting names and emails so that he can sell them stupid Trump stuff later. His latest scam to get info on people is asking people to sign up, via email of course, to help patrol polling places, voter fraud patrols.

IMO, he's just compiling a list of millions of stupid people for future reference.

Yup.

He's the Reginald Perrin of Politics..............

He is losing by massive margins in both because they are generally democrat supporters, plus he has gone way off topic. He had many of them eating out of the palm of his hand when his message was to build a wall, end nafta and oppose the tpp. When he goes silent on those and focuses on bertherism conspiracy nonsense, he loses their support, which the polls have reflected.

He could turn it around, but he needs to move on it sooner than later.

He doesn't talk about those issues anymore because he knows he can't do them, he can't deliver.

I don't think he ever had a strategy and never really wanted to be president. I suspect the thought makes his stones shrivel up.

He doesn't talk about those issues anymore because he knows he can't do them, he can't deliver.

I don't think he ever had a strategy and never really wanted to be president. I suspect the thought makes his stones shrivel up.

Yep, "I'm gonna build a giant wall. A big wall. It's going to be a great wall..." only works with a certain demographic. And the ceiling he can reach with those folks lifting him up is about Hobbit height.

:agree: I can't recall when we have had a more unorthodox nominee than Trump as far as being totally off-the-wall with his comments! It would not surprise me, as an example, if his coinage of unflattering nicknames about his rivals during the GOP debates - on national TV with millions of viewers no less, became part of a future board game like Trivial Pursuit because they have become so well known! Perhaps that's his way of keeping people off-balance when he is negotiating business deals, but would that work when negotiating trade agreements or other political business deals on behalf of this country? Who knows? He does own businesses all over the world, so he is not a novice in deal making, so I guess if everyone involved can walk away satisfied and smiling after concluding a deal, his technique must be successful? ...just thinking out loud... :mrgreen:

For the record, Fivethirtyeight is my favorite site for honesty in poll taking - I trust them not to be partisan.

Unorthodox is a good word. Trump has taken conventional wisdom and running a conventional campaign and thrown it out the window. I do think after almost a year now of his name calling, his starting feuds, his off the wall comments and statements, I think that is beginning to take its toll. Trump has already lost around 20% of the Republican base with his name calling, bullying tactics, his feuds he created that a lot of candidates who opposed him in the primaries along with some of their supporters refuse to back Trump in the general election.

The constant wear and tear is now starting to show among independents. Go back to May when Trump cinched the nomination. Independents on average were going for Trump 40-35, with other, Johnson, Stein and other third party candidates are included in other, other was at 6%, won't vote at 12 and undecided at 7%. Fast forward to today to check the wear and tear of Trump bullying, name calling and illogical statements have taken on independents, Clinton 35, Trump 33, Johnson 18, Stein 6, undecided 7. Pollsters either have stopped asking or are not including will not vote.

Independents never liked Clinton, notice she is at the same 35% she was at in May, but also take note Trump has dropped 7 points, other which now has names of Johnson and Stein is up to 24% a rise of 18 points. Undecideds are the same 7%, unchanged since May.

My take is back in May, for independents only, not being Clinton was enough for them to give Trump a 5 point lead. Following three months of the wear and tear, that isn't enough anymore. Independents haven't jumped on the Clinton bandwagon, the same percentage support her today as they did last May. But what independents have done is go to Johnson and Stein as alternatives to choosing between two totally disliked candidates today. In plain English back in May for independents Trump seemed a viable alternative to Hillary Clinton, today it seems Trump has lost that viability and for an alternative not only to Clinton, but now to Trump also, indies are turning to Johnson and Stein.

Last edited:
Yep, "I'm gonna build a giant wall. A big wall. It's going to be a great wall..." only works with a certain demographic. And the ceiling he can reach with those folks lifting him up is about Hobbit height.

There was never going to be a wall. This isn't reality for Donald, this is television. He's throwing himself a party at Republicans' expense

Back
Top Bottom