• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FACT FOCUS: Federal agents didn’t orchestrate Jan. 6

Thank you for a fine example of Mr. Trump's favourite
Now I'm not saying that it's true, but I have heard that some people are saying _[fill in the blank]_, and if I have have heard that some people are saying _[fill in the blank]_, then it is likely that some people are saying _[fill in the blank]_, then that means that it is likely that some people are saying _[fill in the blank]_ and that means that probably some people are saying _[fill in the blank]_, and if some people are saying _[fill in the blank]_, then, well, you know"​
post.
so, do you know for an absolute fact that there was no such governmental involvement?
that's quite a thing to know, seeing as how the FBI even refused to answer that question directly.
im not saying one way or the other, just maintaining that it could be possible.

Where did you get the notion that only a successful insurection meets the definition of insurrection?

Where did you get the notion that a bunch of unarmed geriatric geezer's with no organized concerted effort was an "insurrection"?

Actually No. The AP is considered among the least biased and highest factual reporting platforms in all of media (see that they sit at the top of the chart below) ..... My guess is that it is far, far more so than news you consume and outlets you are willing to read or listen to...

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/

Forgive me if I find it incredibly hypocritical that posters on this board (not necessarily you, I am making a more general point here) that want to call out mainstream news sources as biased (see media in green box below), yet shamelessly post stuff sourced from sources in the bottom right of this chart and expect us to take their posts and their ideas seriously.

View attachment 67369228

So, if you have an issue with AP, show us. Some random poster stating "its been known" is meaningless as evidence now on the table says you can pretty much take an AP story to the bank.
This graph shows someone's take on the issue. So what?

Where did you get the notion that a bunch of unarmed geriatric geezer's with no organized concerted effort was an "insurrection"?
From the dictionary. What happened there fits the definition.

What you have to remember is that that so-called "Media Bias" chart was prepared by the biased media and thus whatever it does show is the exact opposite of **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H**.

[The above has been specifically and officially approved and endorsed by "Devoted Online Lovers of Trump" Inc. (a non-partisan, independent, research and analysis organization exempt from federal taxation that is dedicated to bringing you the true truth and not the false truth that anyone who doesn't believe 100% of what Donald Trump {BBHN} says tries to tell you the so-called "facts" are), "Pro-Life United Gun Enthusiasts and Manufacturers for Jesus", and “"TheFirst Amendment Rights Trust’ Foundation”.]
Silly me .... yep, and there about four services that do this and they all say the same thing .... but, when you are in the cult, you have to do everything you can to keep the light of day out of your way. It is right out of the cult handbook.

This graph shows someone's take on the issue. So what?
I asked you to back up your statement. I offered some evidence that your assertion was wrong, which clearly puts the onus on you to back up the assertion you made in post #96. Afterall, if what I post is just "one opinion" than it should not be hard for you to show us a third party contrary opinion, eh Meanwhile, I actually gave you TWO cites to refute your point. They both said the same thing. I could show you two more.

So either back up the statement of post 96 that AP is biased or clearly you have no point, in which you can't make that statement. Don't write checks you can not cash. Right now, you look like a bad check writer.

Last edited:
"Topple the government of the United States"? LOL!!! What have you been drinking? Please detail how in hell that could have played out. What was the scenario in which the guy with the horns ends up as our dictator? Can't wait for this one!
That the people who did this were idiots does not change the reality that they believed they could force the Vice President and Congress not to validate the election.

From the dictionary. What happened there fits the definition.

By that same definition, the 100 day siege of the Portland courthouse was an "insurrection" as well.

Since you got that notion from the definition, I bet you see the siege of the Portland courthouse as an "insurrection" too, don't you?

That the people who did this were idiots does not change the reality that they believed they could force the Vice President and Congress not to validate the election.

🤣

"Topple the government of the United States"? LOL!!! What have you been drinking? Please detail how in hell that could have played out. What was the scenario in which the guy with the horns ends up as our dictator? Can't wait for this one!
Wow, you really aren't paying attention. Perhaps do a little reading on the subject and then join us when you have something to contribute. I'll get you started...

...and here is the long-term danger of doing nothing.

Many cite the failure of imagination in not catching the 911 plot. Do not let the failure of your imagination keep you from seeing the Republican plot.

Last edited:
Show me where Democrats stormed the Capitol, smeared feces on the wall, and threatened to kill elected officials.

I'll wait.
I believe he is referring to the riots and violence that occurred in 2020, much of which was either downplayed or excused (or, in some odious cases, justified) by Democrats.

I believe he is referring to the riots and violence that occurred in 2020, much of which was either downplayed or excused (or, in some odious cases, justified) by Democrats.

I don't care what he is referring to. If you can show me where Democrats stormed the Capitol, threatened to murder elected officials, attacked the very police that the right seems to deify, and urinated in the corners, then we can continue to have a conversation about this.

While we are at it, if you have the time, of course - please show me anywhere where I ever said that protests that turned violent were OK.

Anywhere. Show me.

I'll wait.

I don't care what he is referring to. If you can show me where Democrats stormed the Capitol, threatened to murder elected officials, attacked the very police that the right seems to deify, and urinated in the corners, then we can continue to have a conversation about this.

While we are at it, if you have the time, of course - please show me anywhere where I ever said that protests that turned violent were OK.

Anywhere. Show me.

I'll wait.

Point of order. They also pooped. And then smeared it on the walls.

By that same definition, the 100 day siege of the Portland courthouse was an "insurrection" as well.

Since you got that notion from the definition, I bet you see the siege of the Portland courthouse as an "insurrection" too, don't you?

100 day seige of the Portland courthouse?

Point of order. They also pooped. And then smeared it on the walls.

They did, and I almost put that in there, and decided against it. Those people were ****ing animals, and I hope the lot of them get locked up for a long, long time.

Anywhere. Show me.

I'll wait.
...... :raises eyebrow: I am pointing out only what he was clearly referring to. He could just as easily demand to see when in the last couple of years Republicans have tried to burn down swathes of a major American city, and it would be just as pointless, as the salient fact remains that both teams now have a minority that is willing to riot, and a majority that is (apparently) willing to ignore, downplay, or excuse it when they do.

I don't recall you ever trying to justify riots, nor has anyone in this thread accused you of doing so. But, then, you were not the topic of conversation.

Look at how great/effective the liars on the right are. We have to have threads about this.

...... :raises eyebrow: I am pointing out only what he was clearly referring to. He could just as easily demand to see when in the last couple of years Republicans have tried to burn down swathes of a major American city, and it would be just as pointless, as the salient fact remains that both teams now have a minority that is willing to riot, and a majority that is (apparently) willing to ignore, downplay, or excuse it when they do.

I don't recall you ever trying to justify riots, nor has anyone in this thread accused you of doing so. But, then, you were not the topic of conversation.

No, it is not about me. I am not the topic of conversation. However, the political party that I am most closely aligned with is the topic of conversation.

For that reason, I interjected myself in, seeing as how you complained about how "much of which was either downplayed or excused (or, in some odious cases, justified) by Democrats" - when not all Democrats were OK with any of it.

No, it is not about me. I am not the topic of conversation.

:) Agreed.

However, the political party that I am most closely aligned with is the topic of conversation.

Indeed. And many members of that party did act in the manner described, just as many Republicans have ignored, downplayed, excused, or, in some excrebal instances, attempted to justify Jan 6.

For that reason, I interjected myself in, seeing as how you complained about how "much of which was either downplayed or excused (or, in some odious cases, justified) by Democrats" - when not all Democrats were OK with any of it.

I don't think anyone ever said "All", either.

100 day seige of the Portland courthouse?

Um. Yeah you know, when leftist thugs unhappy with the current leadership rioted for months on end and for 100 days attacked the federal courthouse in Portland?

Fits the definition you touted as you're reason for calling Jan 6 an "insurrection".

They were literally chanting "burn the mother ****er down" and "death to America".

You know, kinda like an "insurrection"

I do remember the BLM protests, and if you'll show me where I gave them a pass, that'd be great. While I am all for peaceful protesting, there are lines that are crossed that should not be.

While some may have gone into 1/6 to protest, it went south very, very quickly. Lives were threatened, and your elected officials were involved.

If you're OK with that, let me know now, so I'll know not to bother responding to your nonsensical posts anymore.
I’m not OK with Jan 6th. But I feel like others are OK with the BLM protests. We’re not Democrat politicians ons bailed out BLM protestors? It’s hypocritical, but I’m starting to expect that from Democrats.

All the rioters should be punished. They want a holiday remembering the tragic events of Jan 6th but nothing is said about the cops killed during the BLM protests. More people were killed during the BLM protests.

nobody cares? Sure Only people who don't care are treasonist terrorists
I care, but I also care about the BLM protests. Where is the holiday to remember the police that died during those riots. But I guess their lives don’t count…

Get a clue. The claim was no one was arrested and charged in the BLM riots, which is either stupidity or an outright lie, and the link proved that wrong. Got it now? :rolleyes:
I was wrong on that. why is it stupidity or a lie for being wrong about something on this forum. I just you need to know everything about everything to not be a dummy…

Back
Top Bottom