• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FACT FOCUS: Federal agents didn’t orchestrate Jan. 6

Not real familiar with the workings of our government I guess...
Yes and no. Their roles would have been assumed immediately by their line of succession - designated by the Speaker in the House, and the President Pro Tem of the Senate. They have thought these things through.

The new speaker would need to be elected once more, and that wouldn't happen immediately. In that situation, the VP position would have probably just been left vacant for a few weeks, It would be a BIG deal, but the government would not be 'toppled'.

Yes and no. Their roles would have been assumed immediately by their line of succession - designated by the Speaker in the House, and the President Pro Tem of the Senate. They have thought these things through.

The new speaker would need to be elected once more, and that wouldn't happen immediately. In that situation, the VP position would have probably just been left vacant for a few weeks, It would be a BIG deal, but the government would not be 'toppled'.
That is incorrect. There is no line of succession for either the speaker of the house or the president pro-tempore of the Senate. The only line of succession they are involved in would be to be President. In that line, no one would replace them, the next position in line be called on to serve.

You guys have punished those who were involved so much that no one will do that again. Unfortunately the 2020 Democrat rioters are still free…
Which of those Dem rioters are still free that did anything that you can prove criminal? (PS, should not be awaiting trial either.)

Which of those Dem rioters are still free that did anything that you can prove criminal? (PS, should not be awaiting trial either.)
I don’t recall anyone being arrested for starting fires or looting during the Floyd protests...

I don’t recall anyone being arrested for starting fires or looting during the Floyd protests...
Then you weren't paying attention.

More than 10,000 people have been arrested in protests decrying racism and police brutality in the wake of George Floyd’s death, according to an Associated Press tally of known arrests across the U.S.

There were at least 10s of thousands of arrests at Floyd protests, that happened almost all that day, rather than having to track people down. And most were actually peacefully protesting, maybe just disobeying "go home" orders.

Then you weren't paying attention.

There were at least 10s of thousands of arrests at Floyd protests, that happened almost all that day, rather than having to track people down. And most were actually peacefully protesting, maybe just disobeying "go home" orders.
what do you call 10,000 BLM protestor arrest?

A good start…

Show me where Democrats stormed the Capitol, smeared feces on the wall, and threatened to kill elected officials.

I'll wait.
Don’t you remember the BLM protests? More people died and more property was damaged during those protest. They shot a kid because they misunderstood the logo on his hat. They ambushed police eating lunch in their patrol cars. Jan 6th was nothing…

That post is incoherent.

I don't care about all the CNN talking points.

Fact is a bunch of geriatric, unarmed Americans at a protest that turned into a riot being called an "insurrection" makes about as much sense as calling a pack of stray cats a "lion invasion".

It's a political narrative. Nothing more

Peddling pathetic misrepresentations like this is un American.

I noticed that you haven't answered my questions, either...and you are the one I actually directed my questions to.

Go figure...

Your “questions” are designed to support an excuse to dismiss the increasingly obvious.

What’s you excuse going to be when you get your answer? They’re not going to be what you want to hear. That much is pretty obvious, at this point.

Your “questions” are designed to support an excuse to dismiss the increasingly obvious.
Wrong.

My questions are designed to reveal facts.

What do you have against facts?

That is incorrect. There is no line of succession for either the speaker of the house or the president pro-tempore of the Senate. The only line of succession they are involved in would be to be President. In that line, no one would replace them, the next position in line be called on to serve.

Holy guacamole! Perhaps you could have paused a sec to reflect or do a google before posting that? I didn't say "replace" I said 'assume their roles'. I even talked (second line) about replacement. I guess I could have been more specific, and said "for the electoral counting process occurring on that day".

The speaker of the house designates people to take his/her place in case of absence or incapacitation until a new one is elected. The Speaker Pro Tem's job is to do the VP's duties as president of the senate when he (she) is absent.

Life would go on. Our government would continue 'un-toppled'. All of those people are replaceable.

How do we know?

How do we know Kinzinger is telling the truth? How do we know Epps is telling the truth?

Did the committee ask the DOJ to confirm what Epps told them? If so, why did the DOJ talk to the committee...but won't talk about it to the Senate?

Where is the transcript of the questions and the answers? Is there video?

Sorry, but there are too many unanswered questions.
You can raise any fake-ass 'question' you like and pretend it has gone unanswered, that doesn't make it a valid question.

Like why are you typing in your wife's underwear while she's out? We have no proof you're not...

Come up for air every once in a while...

https://washingtonpost.com/
February 9, 2021
"The video then shows the mob breaching the Capitol while lawmakers were carrying out constitutional processes designating the conclusion of that election, which the invaders then disrupted.
That’s juxtaposed with Trump telling the crowd, “When you catch someone in a fraud, you’re allowed to go by very different rules.” This continues to go underappreciated, but Trump told his supporters that overturning the election would be a restoration of justice, one that justified “very different rules.”

FLORIDAGOP attorneys flag Trump supporter’s arrest to bolster voter fraud claims
By GARY FINEOUT
01/11/2022

Trump allies' fake Electoral College certificates offer fresh insights about plot to overturn Biden's victory​

https://www.cnn.com/profiles/marshall-cohen
By Zachary Cohen and Marshall Cohen, CNN
January 12, 2022

The Big Lie’s Long Shadow​

How a network of conspiracy peddlers has made the GOP thirsty for major electoral change.​

Jan. 12. 2022
"...In the weeks after the 2020 election, then-President Donald Trump's allies sent fake certificates to the National Archives declaring that Trump won seven states that he actually lost. The documents had no impact on the outcome of the election, but they are yet another example of how Team Trump tried to subvert the Electoral College -- a key line of inquiry for the January 6 committee.
The fake certificates were created by Trump allies in Georgia, Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Nevada and New Mexico, who sought to replace valid presidential electors from their states
with a pro-Trump slate, according to documents obtained by American Oversight.
The documents contain the signatures of Trump supporters who claimed to be the rightful electors from seven states that President Joe Biden won....
LOL! Of course, you are unable to back that outrageous claim up. Thanks for not providing any possible way that the government was going to be "toppled" on that day last year. Good decision, it would have made you look ridiculous.

I guess that you were out of the classroom when the meaning of the word "attempt" was discussed.

The American colonies attempted to toss out the London government​
The Southern States attempted to secede.​
Napoleon attempted to conquer Russia.​
Hitler attempted to conquer Russia.​
The US attempted to defeat Ho Chi Minh.​
The US attempted to install an honest government in Afghanistan.​
The US attempted to keep Iranian influence out of Iraq.​

Are you beginning to get the idea that "attempted" and "succeeded" do NOT mean the same thing?
Yeah, and the Sun might explode tomorrow. I'm talking within the realm of possibility. "Toppling" the government was not in that realm last January.

had they succeeded in killing Pelosi and Pence, what do you think would have happened?
Let's see... they would either have taken over the country. or been arrested and put in jail. Hmm... which one?

So, do you see what level of stupid that claim of toppling the government is on?

Well, it won’t take too much to confirm that Eppes claims of having been an FBI informant are false.

That he was (or is) President of the Arizona chapter of the Proud Boys is fact.

I doubt that further examination will change things.

It’s far more likely that one of the on the ground henchmen got himself locked up and made up the FBI informant story to deflect from his association with the skinheads around Trump.
Epps never claimed to be an FBI informant. He was accused of being such by others on the ground on the day and subsequently by various media outlets. I think he probably is now as part of a deal with the FBI which would explain why they didn’t charge him and refuse to talk about him.

LOL! Of course, you are unable to back that outrageous claim up. Thanks for not providing any possible way that the government was going to be "toppled" on that day last year. Good decision, it would have made you look ridiculous.

No, "What is unconscionable and bogus are the disinfo shops, 'ucker Carlson and revolver "news".

Meanwhile, several days ago, on the deck of H.M.S. Titanic ....

From the new DOJ, Seditious Conspiracy indictment of Stewarf Rhodes and ten others....

From today's indictment,

77. Just before 1:30 p.m., on the Leadership Intel Chat, in response to a claim by an Oath Keepers affiliate that Antifa had breached the Capitol, RHODES replied, “Nope. I’m right here. These are Patriots.” RHODES then messaged the Leadership Signal Chat, “Pence is doing nothing. As I predicted.” RHODES added, “All I see Trump doing is complaining. I see no intent by him to do anything. So the patriots are taking it into their own hands. They’ve had enough.”

"Yale Law School graduate Stewart Rhodes in 2009 founded the far-right Oath Keepers, a fiercely antigovernment, militaristic group that claims more than 30,000 law enforcement officers, soldiers and military veterans as members...."

All any reader needs to know to get up to speed... for 53 weeks now, this PhD. in linguistics has provided some of the best (most accurate) interpretation and predictions of the DOJ's investigation you'll find, anywhere!

January 6, 2022
"...I think about Dunbar’s number a lot, particularly as I review the DC court calendar each morning to review which court hearings I should call into on a given day. I can rattle off the names of the January 6 defendants in all the major conspiracy cases and some less obvious key defendants about whom I’ve got real questions. But for other hearings with a 2021 docket number (the January 6 defendants make up the majority of defendants in DC last year), I need to refer back to my master list to see whether those are January 6 defendants, and if so, whether the hearing might be of import. There are five January 6 defendants with the last name Brown, five with some version of the last name Kelly (all quite interesting), three Martins, and seven Williamses, so it’s not just recognizing the name, but trying to remember whether a particular Brown is one of the really interesting ones.

Court filings are the way I go about understanding January 6. Sedition Hunters, by contrast, have worked via faces in photos, from which they effectively create dossiers on suspects of interest...."

Epps never claimed to be an FBI informant. He was accused of being such by others on the ground on the day and subsequently by various media outlets. I think he probably is now as part of a deal with the FBI which would explain why they didn’t charge him and refuse to talk about him.
Or you know he didn't do anything illegal

This is basically the regime confirming the Feds entrapped the electoral justice protesters.

When the regime media claims one thing you can be certain the truth is the opposite

Electoral justice protesters? Thanks for the laughs.

Back
Top Bottom