• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fact Check: Obama-Biden Removed At Least 14,000 Mailboxes

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

CLAIM: President Donald Trump is trying to rig the 2020 election by removing mailboxes so people can’t vote by mail.

VERDICT: FALSE. The removal — and replacement — of mailboxes is a constant part of U.S. Postal Service operations.

Democrats are trying to claim that President Trump is crippling the U.S. Postal Service because he opposes universal vote by mail, and that the removal of mailboxes in several locations throughout the country is evidence of that evil intention.

Former Vice President Joe Biden, the presumptive Democratic Party nominee for president, gave credence to that conspiracy theory on Saturday: “I wonder if you’re outside trying to hold down your mailboxes. They’re going around literally with tractor trailers picking up mailboxes. You oughta go online and check out what they’re doing in Oregon. I mean, it’s bizarre!” he said.

But there is nothing nefarious about removing mailboxes: Biden did it himself.

More specifically, the Obama-Biden administration removed 14,000 mailboxes over the five fiscal years ending in 2017, according to the U.S. Postal Service Inspector General.

More were likely removed before that. In 2009, cost-cutting was urgent at the postal service, with the postmaster general considering reducing delivery to five or even three

1. Breitbart has about the same credibility as fact-checker as Trump himself.

2. Trump admitted his intent to undercut USPS himself.

You mean that WAPO and the New York Times, ABC TV, CBS,NBC and PBS are not credible.

Trump did not say he was trying to stop voting which is the lie told by Democrats and their incorrect media.

Biden himself slashed 14,000 mailboxes in only 5 years of effort.

Remember that time you had a letter to send, but you ended up having to throw it away because someone removed the blue mailbox on the sidewalk where the payphones used to be?

Yeah, me neither.

Mailboxes get moved around or removed somewhat often. My neighborhood doesn't even have one anymore and hasn't for about 4 years. Of course, I am not sure why we had one in the first place unless it was for the 3 churches to use because most people just leave it in their own and raise the pick up flag.

Obama removed them all the time even in election years. Do you recall his VP at the time?

No, I don't recall Obama saying that mail in voting is election fraud and then removing mailboxes just before an election, no, I don't recall that at all. But I will never forget that Trump did it...will you?

President Trump, or Obama'Biden, never controlled the USPS. and therefore never controlled the removal of mail boxes.

But Claims are by Democrats it is Trump removing mail boxes. Guess you straightened em out.

No, I don't recall Obama saying that mail in voting is election fraud and then removing mailboxes just before an election, no, I don't recall that at all. But I will never forget that Trump did it...will you?

No no no and no. You will not pull that stunt and get off.

Trump says all the time that mail in ballots as requested by voters is excellent.

It is the mass mailing to unknown people that is the problem.

Take me for instance. I moved out of CA in 2019. If a person gets said ballot, I did not agree nor sign said ballot.

In fact I still have not got CA to purge me from their voter rolls.

News for you Moot. Trump does not run the USPS ever.

The Post Office’s Problem Isn’t Trump - WSJ

Two months into his new job, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy is being keelhauled by Democrats for alleged sabotage of the U.S. Postal Service. Nearly 200 House Democrats signed a letter this week accusing him of acting to “accelerate the crisis” at the USPS. Apparently they missed the post office’s news release last Friday, when it reported losing another $2.2 billion last quarter. Congress has only itself to blame for this mess.

That red ink is no fluke of circumstance. The post office is meant to be self-sufficient, but it hasn’t broken even for years. Total losses since 2007 run to $78 billion, according to a May report by the Government Accountability Office, which said that the “USPS’s current business model is not financially sustainable.” It’s a Blockbuster service in a Netflix world.

Overall mail volume peaked in 2006, at 213 billion pieces. As of last year, it was down 33%. More than half of what remains is “marketing mail.” Maybe you noticed while searching for a birthday card amid the real-estate fliers. Over the same period, however, the number of delivery points served by the USPS increased by 9%, from 146 million to 160 million.

Last edited:

CLAIM: President Donald Trump is trying to rig the 2020 election by removing mailboxes so people can’t vote by mail.

Excellent source for info! :roll: - Hey, Robbie - while you're at it, would you please ask Breitfart how many high-speed sorting machines Obama removed just prior to his reelection?

Thanks so much!

Also, would you please ask NotSoBrightBart if Obama tried to declare the elections fraudulent, "if I lose"?

Thanks again!

Remember that time you had a letter to send, but you ended up having to throw it away because someone removed the blue mailbox on the sidewalk where the payphones used to be?

Yeah, me neither.

Same here. This made me stop to think where our local blue mail boxes are?

Then it hit me, we have a red flag on all the homes mailboxes that signals the mail person we have mail going out and they pick it up.

If you paid me a million dollars today, I can't tell you where any of the USPS blue mail boxes are located.

Back
Top Bottom