• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Faced with adversities with every good deed

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Alright believers, how many times did you set out to do good deeds because in your heart desired to and what should have been an easy execution turns out to be an overwhelming nightmare in some cases?

I know all believers have experienced this one. Please share your "encounters".

My last one was just days ago. I lost a good friend. She had a long drawn out death. The family went through a lot. My desire was to help the family out but everything was a challenge before the accomplishment of actually helping the family.

You know I find I have to face adversaties often with every good deed.

Please if you have faced the same please share.

So true, Vesper...going out of your way for others is always a challenge, but in the end, there are lasting rewards..."There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving"...

I've found that it's the little things that mean a lot...taking an elderly friend to the Dr., preparing a hot meal and dropping it by, or just a friendly visit when they live alone...

So true, Vesper...going out of your way for others is always a challenge, but in the end, there are lasting rewards..."There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving"...

I've found that it's the little things that mean a lot...taking an elderly friend to the Dr., preparing a hot meal and dropping it by, or just a friendly visit when they live alone...

I like your comment about "lasting rewards", but gosh Elvira sometimes on any given day what would be an easy execution often turns into feeling defeated before you even start in a deed done in love. Lately I have been experiencing a real challenge in any deed done in love. With G-d I get through them when what I am faced with most wouldn't. Maybe that is my own personal lesson.

Alright believers, how many times did you set out to do good deeds because in your heart desired to and what should have been an easy execution turns out to be an overwhelming nightmare in some cases?

I know all believers have experienced this one. Please share your "encounters".

My last one was just days ago. I lost a good friend. She had a long drawn out death. The family went through a lot. My desire was to help the family out but everything was a challenge before the accomplishment of actually helping the family.

You know I find I have to face adversaties often with every good deed.

Please if you have faced the same please share.

No good deed goes unpunished. I make it a point to do good deeds anonymously so they can't blame me. :)

I've given up expecting good deeds to go unpunished. I do what I do because I believe it's the right thing and I have no expectations that it will work out or be appreciated.

As some of you might know, I'm in the process of becoming guardian for an elderly couple who both have dementia. To call the past several months a challenge would be a gross understatement but through the process I've discovered some wonderful people, developed a greater appreciation for people who serve in the medical professions and learned a lot about myself. I have also found a greater appreciation for God as I have turned to him more in the past few months than I had in the prior five decades.

I've given up expecting good deeds to go unpunished. I do what I do because I believe it's the right thing and I have no expectations that it will work out or be appreciated.

As some of you might know, I'm in the process of becoming guardian for an elderly couple who both have dementia. To call the past several months a challenge would be a gross understatement but through the process I've discovered some wonderful people, developed a greater appreciation for people who serve in the medical professions and learned a lot about myself. I have also found a greater appreciation for God as I have turned to him more in the past few months than I had in the prior five decades.

Every time I commit myself to good deeds out of true love, I find I am not able to complete them without G-d. For a believer it is a part of everyday life to do good for another. It is a way of life. A donation etc. But when you totally commit out of love it requires G-d to see you through.

I sure have learned this in the passing years and more so lately. Matthew 19:26 "With G-d all things are possible" and Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am G-d"

My conclusion is it isn't about the one who is doing the good deed but rather the glory be to the LORD.

Back
Top Bottom