• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Facebook

grip

Slow 🅖 Hand
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Do you like it?

And can you tell me how it works? It's very confusing for this old timer (young).

Do you like it?

And can you tell me how it works? It's very confusing for this old timer (young).

I'm pretty meh about facebook other than I can keep track of my relatives and I've only had to defriend one of them.

I'm pretty meh about facebook other than I can keep track of my relatives and I've only had to defriend one of them.

Thanks Winchester. I've known about it since the beginning but have been pretty much 'meh' about it also. No relatives left, so it's me and old high school buttheads I never liked anyway.

i like it for sharing my photography and poetry / stuff that the GF and i do / keeping in touch with some people that i might otherwise not get to talk to. i still prefer message boards for politics and some other topics, though. i very rarely get involved in political stuff on FB. i look at FB as more of a family dinner.

i like it for sharing my photography and poetry / stuff that the GF and i do / keeping in touch with some people that i might otherwise not get to talk to. i still prefer message boards for politics and some other topics, though. i very rarely get involved in political stuff on FB. i look at FB as more of a family dinner.

Thanks Helix, at least I have a reference for why it's useful.

Thanks Helix, at least I have a reference for why it's useful.

i hope that you have a good time with it. it's fun to post articles or something interesting there sometimes. i also have a couple irreverent, entertaining, and highly intelligent buddies on there who make me chuckle from time to time. luckily, their content comes up most often, because it seems that this is programmed into the FB software now. i also have adblock for Safari (and chrome on my other computer,) so i don't see a lot of ads.

i hope that you have a good time with it. it's fun to post articles or something interesting there sometimes. i also have a couple irreverent, entertaining, and highly intelligent buddies on there who make me chuckle from time to time. luckily, their content comes up most often, because it seems that this is programmed into the FB software now. i also have adblock for Safari (and chrome on my other computer,) so i don't see a lot of ads.

I just joined up to send a message to an old flame and my page lit up with old neighborhood friends. I don't even know how to use the site properly and I'm a PC geek. I'll figure it out somehow but thanks for the 'thumbs up' bud. A few new online friends would be a welcomed distraction from TV and Movies as my only entertainment.

I just joined up to send a message to an old flame and my page lit up with old neighborhood friends. I don't even know how to use the site properly and I'm a PC geek. I'll figure it out somehow but thanks for the 'thumbs up' bud. A few new online friends would be a welcomed distraction from TV and Movies as my only entertainment.

yeah, that's the fun part of it. you'll pick it up quick.

Do you like it?

I have only signed up. I never use it. Ever. I have a phone if I want to chat with people, or keep up with them. If I don't call someone it means I don't like them enough to bother to.

I have only signed up. I never use it. Ever. I have a phone if I want to chat with people, or keep up with them. If I don't call someone it means I don't like them enough to bother to.

That's actually more me than what I'm trying to do.

I tolerate it.

I made the mistake of adding high school acquaintances as friends. After years of putting the majority of them on ignore I finally have my feed down to where very few political hacks show up

Do you like it?

I am slightly over 40, and I do not use it. I did try, but not comfortable putting my stuff out there for all to see, but can understand why others may be into it. If your a private kinda of person, like myself it may not be your thing.

I am slightly over 40, and I do not use it. I did try, but not comfortable putting my stuff out there for all to see, but can understand why others may be into it. If your a private kinda of person, like myself it may not be your thing.

I stay hidden, trust me with VPN. They think they have me but they don't. I'm an enigma thank goodness.

Back
Top Bottom