• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Facebook blocks Michael Savage for posting news on Islamic crime

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Says Mark Zuckerberg 'stabs America in the back'

Facebook has temporarily blocked talk-radio host Michael Savage from posting stories to his page after he put up a link to a story about a Muslim migrant killing a pregnant woman in Germany.

A message from the social media giant on Savage’s page said: “You recently posted something that violates Facebook policies, so you’re temporarily blocked from using this feature.”

Facebook has temporarily blocked talk-radio host Michael Savage from posting stories to his page after he put up a link to a story about a Muslim migrant killing a pregnant woman in Germany.

A message from the social media giant on Savage’s page said: “You recently posted something that violates Facebook policies, so you’re temporarily blocked from using this feature.”

Is there a policy that prohibits what he did?

Savage got blocked for doing the same thing that Islamic terrorists do online....promoting hate.

Truth becomes Hate..........................what a ****ed up society!

Savage got blocked for doing the same thing that Islamic terrorists do online....promoting hate.

so your saying michael savage is a terrorist?

I'm not a fan of Facebook and their rules. Nor do I like the fact that people so often blame their hurt feelings on "hate speech." But regardless, their house, their rules. Same as here or any other site. Don't like it? Go somewhere else to bloviate. Never in the history of humanity have we had such varied means to broadcast our beliefs.

Terrorist-like. Savage promotes hate and fear on the internet...and so does ISIS.

ISIS is banned from facebook. They even banned a few people who were just coincidentally born with the name Isis. But white supremacist terrorist organizations like the nazis or the KKK are not banned at all.

ISIS is banned from facebook. They even banned a few people who were just coincidentally born with the name Isis. But white supremacist terrorist organizations like the nazis or the KKK are not banned at all.

Social media is a breeding ground for hate propaganda.

no more than AM radio

That is so last century.

"...During the period 2005-2008, white supremacists spread their hate messages and recruited new members through the use of social networking on mainstream sites such as MySpace or Facebook and extremist sites such as NewSaxon. Thousands of white supremacists have flocked to these sites, which allow them to link to other individuals much more easily than web-based forums or discussion groups. The two white supremacists arrested in the fall of 2008 for plotting a racist shooting spree and assassination attempt on Barack Obama were reportedly introduced to each other by a mutual friend on a social networking website. Even members of racist prison gangs have flocked to these sites and use them regularly...."

Anti-Semites and racists have found video-sharing websites, such as YouTube and MySpace Video, an effective means to promote propaganda and hateful material that might not otherwise be seen by the public. Internet users who search video-sharing sites will often find anti-Semitic and racist videos when looking for information completely unrelated to the videos due to misleading tags and titles that extremists attach to the videos when uploading them to the sites.

Extremist groups and individuals are reformatting their websites to make them accessible to as many people as possible on Internet-enabled cell phones through Mobile Web. For example, Stormfront, the largest and most popular white supremacist forum on the Internet, and the Vanguard News Network forum, another popular white supremacist site, are fully accessible and searchable via a cell phone...."

The State of Hate: Exploiting the Internet to Promote Hatred - Confronting the New Faces of Hate

That is so last century.

"...During the period 2005-2008, white supremacists spread their hate messages and recruited new members through the use of social networking on mainstream sites such as MySpace or Facebook and extremist sites such as NewSaxon. Thousands of white supremacists have flocked to these sites, which allow them to link to other individuals much more easily than web-based forums or discussion groups. The two white supremacists arrested in the fall of 2008 for plotting a racist shooting spree and assassination attempt on Barack Obama were reportedly introduced to each other by a mutual friend on a social networking website. Even members of racist prison gangs have flocked to these sites and use them regularly...."

Anti-Semites and racists have found video-sharing websites, such as YouTube and MySpace Video, an effective means to promote propaganda and hateful material that might not otherwise be seen by the public. Internet users who search video-sharing sites will often find anti-Semitic and racist videos when looking for information completely unrelated to the videos due to misleading tags and titles that extremists attach to the videos when uploading them to the sites.

Extremist groups and individuals are reformatting their websites to make them accessible to as many people as possible on Internet-enabled cell phones through Mobile Web. For example, Stormfront, the largest and most popular white supremacist forum on the Internet, and the Vanguard News Network forum, another popular white supremacist site, are fully accessible and searchable via a cell phone...."

The State of Hate: Exploiting the Internet to Promote Hatred - Confronting the New Faces of Hate

most of their followers are stuck in the last century, they dont even have smartphones, and 3 hours sitting in truckers cab listening to non-stop hate speech is a lot more effective than any smart phone app, especially in 3rd world countries (like alabama)

I couldn't find the article that Savage apparently posted so can't say whether or not it actually violated any of their rules. If it showed graphic content then that could be the reason for the punishment. If it was just words that reported on facts and nothing else then yeah, IMO FB are idiots for doing what they did. However, it IS their site and they can do whatever they want with it. Even if its to act like assholes.

Even you cannot be this dense?

My comment was about hypocrisy not Comparisons

The KKK has facebook page so do neonazis, but ISIS cannot? so what hypocrisy are you talking about??

Even you cannot be this dense?

My comment was about hypocrisy not Comparisons

Dislike Trump, Support Trump, Dislike Hillary, Support Hillary, it doesn't matter. People should be greatly concerned when the media, social-print-broadcast, becomes the de facto propaganda arm of any political party or candidate.

I was just reading an analysis of the "grieving parents" sideshow from the two conventions. NBC, ABC, CBS, gave the Khan story, and the kerfuffle that ensued, over 55 minutes of coverage. Smith at the RNC has received 70 seconds so far.

This bias, along with the egregious bias at CNN and others is dangerous. Viewers should be outraged, even if the coverage is favorable to them.

The KKK has facebook page so do neonazis, but ISIS cannot? so what hypocrisy are you talking about??

1. Read the thread title.

2. Sound off the words while trying to interpret it's meaning. (jest)

3. Keep repeating until it sinks in.

4. I will check in on you in a week or so.

1. Read the thread title.

2. Sound off the words while trying to interpret it's meaning. (jest)

3. Keep repeating until it sinks in.

4. I will check in on you in a week or so.

i still dont know why you posted a picture of the NBPP? other than to say your very scared of black people and dont think they should be allowed to wear sunglasses

i still dont know why you posted a picture of the NBPP? other than to say your very scared of black people and dont think they should be allowed to wear sunglasses

Maybe some one else can explain the word "hypocrisy" to you, as I don't have the time.

I have a 10 week old puppy peeing on the carpets.

Dislike Trump, Support Trump, Dislike Hillary, Support Hillary, it doesn't matter. People should be greatly concerned when the media, social-print-broadcast, becomes the de facto propaganda arm of any political party or candidate.

I was just reading an analysis of the "grieving parents" sideshow from the two conventions. NBC, ABC, CBS, gave the Khan story, and the kerfuffle that ensued, over 55 minutes of coverage. Smith at the RNC has received 70 seconds so far.

This bias, along with the egregious bias at CNN and others is dangerous. Viewers should be outraged, even if the coverage is favorable to them.

The reason is that no one from the Hillary campaign disparaged Mrs. Smith.

Back
Top Bottom