• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Face palm. GOP platform declares coal is clean energy.

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What a bunch of clowns.

Republican platform declares coal is clean | Grist

"The Republican platform committee met in Cleveland the week before the Republican National Convention to hammer out the party’s policies in a Trump era. Not to be outdone by Democrats, who approved the party’s strongest platform language yet on climate change this weekend, Republicans have gone as far as possible in the other direction — by endorsing coal as clean.

After a unanimous vote on Monday, the RNC’s draft platform officially declares coal “an abundant, clean, affordable, reliable domestic energy resource.”

Coal can be be burned clean. Just look how much cleaner the new cars are. My diesel truck is much cleaner burning than the ones I remember as a kid. In the NE we have plenty of coal. There is no reason why we can't mine and use this coal efficiently.

Let me know when the Democrats stop being afraid of nuclear power. Then maybe we can get rid of coal.

What a bunch of clowns.

"The Republican platform committee met in Cleveland the week before the Republican National Convention to hammer out the party’s policies in a Trump era. Not to be outdone by Democrats, who approved the party’s strongest platform language yet on climate change this weekend, Republicans have gone as far as possible in the other direction — by endorsing coal as clean.

After a unanimous vote on Monday, the RNC’s draft platform officially declares coal “an abundant, clean, affordable, reliable domestic energy resource.”

But...but...arsenic and mercury and lead don't pollute! Come on, what is this liberal claptrap you're trying to pull on us? ;)

He is absolutely correct.

Coal is Abundant. Fact.
Coal can be burned clean and efficient. Fact.
Coal is affordable. Fact. Here in the NE where there is little or no transportation cost it can be affordable.
Coal has proven to be a reliable source of energy for over 100 years. Fact.

The only clown is someone who does not see and accept the facts.

Let me know when the Democrats stop being afraid of nuclear power. Then maybe we can get rid of coal.

I am not afraid of nuclear power. I am a democrat.

Coal can be be burned clean. Just look how much cleaner the new cars are. My diesel truck is much cleaner burning than the ones I remember as a kid. In the NE we have plenty of coal. There is no reason why we can't mine and use this coal efficiently.

Not sure how your diesel truck burns coal, but keep in mind there is pretty much one Party responsible for your cleaner burning car and your truck.

And it's not the GOP- they've been battling tighter emissions for decades.

He is absolutely correct.

Coal is Abundant. Fact.
Coal can be burned clean and efficient. Fact.
Coal is affordable. Fact. Here in the NE where there is little or no transportation cost it can be affordable.
Coal has proven to be a reliable source of energy for over 100 years. Fact.

The only clown is someone who does not see and accept the facts.

no facts in your post, none at all

that's an excellent point. My late father was in an industry that was an important component to nuclear energy. Jimmy carter screwed that up and its the Dems who have been mainly opposing clean nuclear energy but they also want to kill coal fired power plants. It sometimes appears their main goal is to punish America for being great and prosperous and pretending its about the "environment".

What a bunch of clowns.

They should have a platform supporting magical renewable energy can be cheaply, reliably used at all times, for all people.

Magic Energy fairies will produce it.

I am not afraid of nuclear power. I am a democrat.

Not all Democrats are anti nuke or anti coal

but most who are opposed to both sources of energy are

that's an excellent point. My late father was in an industry that was an important component to nuclear energy. Jimmy carter screwed that up and its the Dems who have been mainly opposing clean nuclear energy but they also want to kill coal fired power plants. It sometimes appears their main goal is to punish America for being great and prosperous and pretending its about the "environment".

Ah, yes. It's Jimmy Carters fault.

Classic.

And I think the rational people in this nation agrees that cleaner air is not only great, but it's what prosperous people want.

You use one example from 2011 as proof that the Democratic party is in favor of nuclear energy?

I guess my example of the actual position is inferior to your imaginary strawman?

I don't think you're real good at this debating thing.

Not sure how your diesel truck burns coal, but keep in mind there is pretty much one Party responsible for your cleaner burning car and your truck.

And it's not the GOP- they've been battling tighter emissions for decades.

No the auto industry is responsible. The emissions controls in this country are absurd and have no rational connection to protecting the environment, in fact they actually encourage the sale of larger and more polluting vehicles

I guess my example of the actual position is inferior to your imaginary strawman?

I don't think you're real good at this debating thing.

My "imaginary strawman" is based on votes by Democrats that have often voted against nuclear power policy.

No the auto industry is responsible. The emissions controls in this country are absurd and have no rational connection to protecting the environment, in fact they actually encourage the sale of larger and more polluting vehicles

So the industry has been producing cleaner cars over the years due to the continuous lessening of pollution controls being put on the auto industry?

What a fantasy.

Back
Top Bottom