• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fabulism

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Elvira witnesses Christianity.
Valery witnesses Islam.
Others witness their own particular version of God.
And atheists witness all of them telling their fabulist stories.

fabulist [ fab-yuh-list]
noun
a person who invents or relates fables.

Elvira witnesses Christianity.
Valery witnesses Islam.
Others witness their own particular version of God.
And atheists witness all of them telling their fabulist stories.

fabulist [ fab-yuh-list]
noun
a person who invents or relates fables.

That is a lie...my beliefs comes from God's Written Word, the Bible...

Does it make you feel safer to say "we are all equally wrong," rather than to say, "I am right and you are wrong," or, "I am wrong and someone else is right"?

Saying that "nobody knows" the truth of things, seems like the reasoning of the frog at the bottom of the well.

— How many holy scriptures have you actually studied?

Does it make you feel safer to say "we are all equally wrong," rather than to say, "I am right and you are wrong," or, "I am wrong and someone else is right"?

Saying that "nobody knows" the truth of things, seems like the reasoning of the frog at the bottom of the well.

"Holy scriptures". Fabulism.
Point proven.

What makes them holy?

They have been heavily edited to suite the thinking of the time and the original destroyed or hidden so that no one can tell.
The Qur'an has never been changed. It is the direct word of God.

That's your answer to science and everything else you don't understand.

Actually, it is you who doesn't understand science. As someone else pointed out, you were trying to pass off as "science" an article that was in a magazine that claimed itself that it used "mysticism" as a foundation for its inputs.

How exactly do you study scripture? And have you "studied" every single religious text ever written? What is the point of reading fables?

Actually, it is you who doesn't understand science. As someone else pointed out, you were trying to pass off as "science" an article that was in a magazine that claimed itself that it used "mysticism" as a foundation for its inputs.

Dude, face it, you're getting schooled.

That's your answer to science and everything else you don't understand.

Are you saying that the Koran was written by God? Try answering a question.

Are you saying that the Koran was written by God? Try answering a question.

All religious text is written by man, who thinks they were divinely inspired. I imagine some of it is truthful and some of it is fabricated, mistranslated, symbolic, etc.

The scriptures offer two messages, and the main theme of most religions is a metaphor about two wolves that are continuously fighting within us all.

One is evil–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

Which wolf will win? The one you feed.

All religious text is written by man, who thinks they were divinely inspired. I imagine some of it is truthful and some of it is fabricated, mistranslated, symbolic, etc.

The scriptures offer two messages, and the main theme of most religions is a metaphor about two wolves that are continuously fighting within us all.

One is evil–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

At last a post I can agree with.

Or neither one will win. Human behavior is not so simplisitic.

Good thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom