• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

F your issues

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
It's 2020. I know we all have grievances, but there are really only a small number of important ones.

Well, maybe just one.

Get rid of Donald Trump.

That is truly the number one issue. Our country will get back on a positive track with the O2 leech gone.

Joe is not my idea of a choice. But dammit, he is better than the low IQ bull ****ting in the China shop (Trump, in case you didn't get the reference).

This is not the time to go extreme. The right is going extreme with Dumbo Donny and the Qs. The left needs to just grab hold of the pendulum and slow the momentum. This is not the time to ride hard on "Free Medicine for All Humans Living In the US", "Stop eating animals" and "Windmills, Solar Panels, and...not Nuclear".

Biden is ordinary. He's a centrist. But he stops the pendulum. I'll be glad to have a few years of not heading into Idiocracy.

It's 2020. I know we all have grievances, but there are really only a small number of important ones.

Well, maybe just one.

Get rid of Donald Trump.

That is truly the number one issue. Our country will get back on a positive track with the O2 leech gone.

Joe is not my idea of a choice. But dammit, he is better than the low IQ bull ****ting in the China shop (Trump, in case you didn't get the reference).

This is not the time to go extreme. The right is going extreme with Dumbo Donny and the Qs. The left needs to just grab hold of the pendulum and slow the momentum. This is not the time to ride hard on "Free Medicine for All Humans Living In the US", "Stop eating animals" and "Windmills, Solar Panels, and...not Nuclear".

Biden is ordinary. He's a centrist. But he stops the pendulum. I'll be glad to have a few years of not heading into Idiocracy.

Great, you didn't actually make a point as to "why" Trump should be removed. Just threw out he same tired phrases and then called Biden ordinary.
Given the fact that both his mental and physical health will almost always be in question. It doesn't help to call a man ordinary, when his main pick for VP was done so, solely because she's of a specific gender.

Do you not have a stance on policy, or premise that would be a means to starting a reasonable debate here?

nice thread title...
:inandout:

Nice rant, but you should throw out that bait it's at least 3 years old.

Well, maybe just one.

Get rid of Donald Trump.

Hint: Biden needs to appear in public. His VP is radically far left and she is likely taking over within a year of election.

"Not Trump" isn't much of a platform.

Might want to work on that.

This election isn't about Trump vs. Biden. It's about right wing authoritarianism vs. democracy and democratic norms. The former is what you see happening in Venezuela, the latter is cultural and economic progress on a steady and oftentimes frustrating path forward.

If that doesn't quite do it for you, imagine the assholes after the OP trolling you for another four years. That's your future.

This election isn't about Trump vs. Biden. It's about right wing authoritarianism vs. democracy and democratic norms. The former is what you see happening in Venezuela, the latter is cultural and economic progress on a steady and oftentimes frustrating path forward.

If that doesn't quite do it for you, imagine the assholes after the OP trolling you for another four years. That's your future.

Alright, I'll bite.

What -right wing authoritarianism- are you able to cite?

The replies from our resident GOP posters is why the GOP is completely screwed in the long term.

Even if you remove Trump this year, the base will undoubtedly nominate someone MUCH worse in 2024, potentially a QAnon endorsed candidate.

The problem isn't even Trump, it's the base. Trump is a product of a very much radicalized Republican base.

Well, maybe just one.

Get rid of Donald Trump.

Oh yes. Screed from another libertarian supporting the most autocratic pairing a US political party has come up with since Reagan/Potatoe

Great, you didn't actually make a point as to "why" Trump should be removed. Just threw out he same tired phrases and then called Biden ordinary.
Given the fact that both his mental and physical health will almost always be in question. It doesn't help to call a man ordinary, when his main pick for VP was done so, solely because she's of a specific gender.

Do you not have a stance on policy, or premise that would be a means to starting a reasonable debate here?

He did not point it out because most all the whole world already know what a douche Trump is. We just found out that the reason we did not have a national plan to stop the virus was because Covid19 was killing mostly people in Blue States and he wanted to blame the Democratic Governors for them. That is more that being just a douche it is basically being a mass murderer and you are complicit. Good going, maybe Kim will write you a love letter too.

As the pandemic tore through Northeastern states this spring, including New York and New Jersey, Trump frequently promised to protect the country, while also downplaying the severity of the outbreak. Instead of relentlessly urging states to take the virus seriously, he spent quite a bit of valuable time spreading misinformation about possible miracle cures. Trump's early efforts to minimize the severity of the outbreak, Vanity Fair alleges, "were soon amplified by Republican elected officials and right-wing media figures."

Meanwhile, Trump entrusted much of the federal response to his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, despite Kushner's manifest lack of credentials, knowledge or experience. It fell to Kushner and his group to develop a plan for nationwide testing.

Nothing ever came of the effort, and we are living through the consequences now. But what if the failure involved more than mere ineptitude?

Trump has made no secret of his ambivalence about testing. "When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people," Trump said in June at an ill-timed rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. "You're going to find more cases. So I said to my people, 'Slow the testing down, please.'"

The White House tried to claim that Trump was joking. But the account in Vanity Fair has the ring of authenticity when it reports that this spring, "the prospect of launching a large-scale national plan was losing favor, said one public health expert in frequent contact with the White House's official coronavirus task force.

But then comes this stunning passage:

Most troubling of all, perhaps, was a sentiment the expert said a member of Kushner's team expressed: that because the virus had hit blue states hardest, a national plan was unnecessary and would not make sense politically. "The political folks believed that because it was going to be relegated to Democratic states, that they could blame those governors, and that would be an effective political strategy," said the expert.

It's easy to get numbed by this presidency's cascade of awfulness, but, even by Trumpian standards, the amorality of such a suggestion is breathtaking. If the account is true, then the failure to test was not a matter of incompetence but one of choice. As the death toll rose, Trump could escape responsibility, shift the political blame on Democrats and use the issue to help win re-election.

Charlie Sykes : Did Trump and Kushner ignore blue state COVID-19 testing as deaths spiked?

Last edited:
He did not point it out because most all the whole world already know what a douche Trump is. We just found out that the reason we did not have a national plan to stop the virus was because Covid19 was killing mostly people in Blue States and he wanted to blame the Democratic Governors for them. That is more that being just a douche it is basically being a mass murderer and you are complicit. Good going, maybe Kim will write you a love letter too.

You're free to take that conspiracy theory down to the appropriate threads. But given the fact that such power was directly laid at the feet of these same people and they still mucked up their states in much the same way.
I don't think that your argument has much promise of being seen as valid, outside of your own circle.

You need to have a legitimate case before anything else.

A giant screamed "F U You must HATE Trump, Because I say so!" is hardly a way to win center and independent support.

-

The mess Trump has made of any Federal COVID response is enough to get him booted out of office. The extreme bias away from Science and the confusion he causes with his constant mixed-messaging is enough to get him booted out of office. Taking sharpies to official NOAA weather maps regarding the path of a hurricane about to make US landfall because he is simply to f__cked in the head to admit that he is wrong about something he knows absolutely nothing about is enough to get him booted out of office. Playing Doctor from the WH Briefing room is enough to get him booted out of office. His NK Reality TV show now finally exposed for the lying pile of crap that it was is enough to get him booted out of office. Inserting a Political Hack at USPS so he could dismantle Post Office assets 3 months before an election and in the middle of a Pandemic that he himself has extended through his ignorance, unscrupulousness and incompetence is enough to get him booted out of office. Purposefully avoiding the Senate approval process for key administration positions even with a compliant GOP run Senate so he could simply shuffle pliable unqualified hacks in and out of positions is enough to get him booted out of office. Having in just four years compiled the worst record for criminality among Trump administration and Campaign officials in modern history is enough to get him booted out of office. Claiming to the American people that he will always protect Pre-existing conditions insurance coverage while he is supporting legal briefs before the SCJ that specifically call for the ending of Pre-Existing conditions insurance coverage should be enough to get him booted out.

I could go on but why should I, the response will be ......"HUH???.....We don't know what you are talking about."

Last edited:

Ironic response. The same exact thing can be said of Trump, AND he is a socio/psychopath to boot. Trump has been showing signs of serious mental decline, can't drink water without using two hands, and drags his left lag lately. Why did we never hear about that mystery trip to Walter Reed?

You are right about one thing. This is one of the rare times I don't care about the issues. This is the one time I'm voting against a dangerous demagogue.

And as much as Ds seem to love to spend, it is rather odd that they seem to be the ones who somehow reduce the deficit when they are in charge.

It isn't. It's not what I would have chosen. But it IS the only reason I will be voting for a Democrat for president in the first time in my life.

I think Joe biden and all his.supporters, both democrat and.republican, that.spoke at the DNC made it real clear why trump has to go. They also presented a viable plan for the future of America. Something trump has yet to do.

Well, maybe just one.

Get rid of Donald Trump.

Disconnect much?

Ironic response. The same exact thing can be said of Trump, AND he is a socio/psychopath to boot. Trump has been showing signs of serious mental decline, can't drink water without using two hands, and drags his left lag lately. Why did we never hear about that mystery trip to Walter Reed?

You are right about one thing. This is one of the rare times I don't care about the issues. This is the one time I'm voting against a dangerous demagogue.

And as much as Ds seem to love to spend, it is rather odd that they seem to be the ones who somehow reduce the deficit when they are in charge.

Going by the signs, no. Trump isn't socio/psychopathic. Though I don't have access to him directly, that's just what my training is telling me.
Narcissistic, yes. Not in anyway beyond what others might be.

I haven't heard of his dragging his left leg, or anything connected to his drinking habits. Though my mother drinks with both hands, as does my brother. And my sister held her cup in the palm of her hand when she drank. So at the very least, it's a physical habit and not a sign of some underlying problem.

In Biden's case. The man has run off and rambled during debates, or completely lost cohesion on the subject. His medications and his physical ability are not doing well, as well as his signs of going through what is apparently the early sundowning stage.
We also can't forget the time that his eye started to bleed internally on live TV.

So I'm more worried about his health as opposed to Trump's. Who's only big issue is that he's somewhat overweight. Though he is a larger person in general.

You support the party that wants to ban guns, confiscate private property via executive caveat and pass laws that ban free travel around the nation. The Nuremburg Laws did the same thing. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Well, maybe just one.

Get rid of Donald Trump.

I think with Biden we'll go extreme

How well did the "Not Trump, more of the same 2016" campaign work out for you guys?

I think with Biden we'll go extreme

With trump at the GOP banner head there would be nothing less than extreme even if the opponent was Mother Theresa.

Back
Top Bottom