• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

F.B.I. Opened Inquiry Into Whether Trump Was Secretly Working on Behalf of Russia

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/11/us/politics/fbi-trump-russia-inquiry.html

WASHINGTON — In the days after President Trump fired James B. Comey as F.B.I. director, law enforcement officials became so concerned by the president’s behavior that they began investigating whether he had been working on behalf of Russia against American interests, according to former law enforcement officials and others familiar with the investigation.

The inquiry carried explosive implications. Counterintelligence investigators had to consider whether the president’s own actions constituted a possible threat to national security. Agents also sought to determine whether Mr. Trump was knowingly working for Russia or had unwittingly fallen under Moscow’s influence.

Jesus- Not sure what to say.

This is why it is not surprising to me that Mueller might have a report ready by March.

My guess (it is just a guess) is that Mueller's report is not going to be an end all report, but just the beginning. I have a strong feeling that there are several law enforcement agencies already in the loop to bust this thing wide open.

So how does this all end?
Trump has acted guilty and acted like he's in Putin's pocket, because...Trump is bat-****-crazy? Is that the end game? Trump and his cronies were wiling to commit felonies to cover it up, just because you know, hell, they don't like the press knowing about it?

Not sure which is worse, conspiring for help in winning the election, or Trump and his cronies being that insane/stupid.

This isn't going to end well. And I'm not just talking about for Trump.

It's not going to end well for the country either.

Perhaps they also have the notes and/or audio of the secret meeting between 45 and Putin in August.

Who didn’t see this coming? Monday will be interesting........

What more can you say about this complete disgrace of a president?

He is pure corrupt sleaze.

And the sad thing is is that so many people knew this about him and warned the nation, however the minute he put an R in front of his name, after decades of having a D before it the simple minded got in line behind him like the pied Piper.

What is even more sad is they still don't realize they have been conned by a professional con artist...

If true, this explains the treatment of Flynn by the SC and possibly others.

One thought. There are an awful lot of FBI probes into trump.... and these are just the ones we know about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember some right wing friends telling me how Obama is the Manchurian Candidate back in 2009. Didn't Glenn Beck have something to do with that? I forget. I also seem to remember many people saying Hillary is "crooked", "grandma Nixon". Funny how things play out eh.

What Are you guys reading?

Is this a smoking gun?

It states. FBI opened in Inquiry into Trump and his actions? Discovery is key, They grew suspicious, SO what.... what have they found and what are they hiding or what was the discovery. Its BEEN 2 years Nothing leaked, We know nothing from Mueller that is NOW taking this exact thing to the end?

OOOHHHH FBI opened in inquiry... They were spying on Carter Page, They Had Recordings of Flynn, There was a research firm that created a dossier....... HOW about we just wait to see exactly WHAT mueller has got?

MAN you guys want every reason to hate on this guy... I am NOT sticking UP for Trump as if MUELLER has FACTUAL Evidence and formal charges him then hes got to go. BUT at this time NO ONE KNOWS CRAP and you guys are taking this "crap" To a whole nother level.

Twist everything in any ways shape or form, there are NO formal accusations yet, there are NO formal charges.... calm your nerves......

Perhaps they also have the notes and/or audio of the secret meeting between 45 and Putin in August.

F course they do, anytime they can listen in on Putin they will, just because there was someone else in the room would make no difference...

And the sad thing is is that so many people knew this about him and warned the nation, however the minute he put an R in front of his name, after decades of having a D before it the simple minded got in line behind him like the pied Piper.

What is even more sad is they still don't realize they have been conned by a professional con artist...

Rubes don't think. They are idiots that will follow any leader that spouts off simplistic and nativist baloney.

Individual 1 needs to go...

This is why it is not surprising to me that Mueller might have a report ready by March.

My guess (it is just a guess) is that Mueller's report is not going to be an end all report, but just the beginning. I have a strong feeling that there are several law enforcement agencies already in the loop to bust this thing wide open.

Every day, it stuns me that this person...who acts like a Russian asset every day, who broke laws in order to cheat during the election, and whose campaign colluded with Russians...continues to make decisions for the entire country every day. That he has been allowed to continue in his role in spite of all this feels like a breakdown in the system.

Is this a smoking gun?

It states. FBI opened in Inquiry into Trump and his actions? Discovery is key, They grew suspicious, SO what.... what have they found and what are they hiding or what was the discovery. Its BEEN 2 years Nothing leaked, We know nothing from Mueller that is NOW taking this exact thing to the end?

OOOHHHH FBI opened in inquiry... They were spying on Carter Page, They Had Recordings of Flynn, There was a research firm that created a dossier....... HOW about we just wait to see exactly WHAT mueller has got?

MAN you guys want every reason to hate on this guy... I am NOT sticking UP for Trump as if MUELLER has FACTUAL Evidence and formal charges him then hes got to go. BUT at this time NO ONE KNOWS CRAP and you guys are taking this "crap" To a whole nother level.

Twist everything in any ways shape or form, there are NO formal accusations yet, there are NO formal charges.... calm your nerves......

I did not look for a reason, I hated this mobbed up con artist for decades before he ever thought of running for president, as would any honest person who knew anything about him...

When the video of the Russians in the Oval Office was aired, with no US Press present, I told my husband that it wouldn't surprise me there were surveillance devices installed by the Russians. Hell, nothing surprises me about this POTUS.

Rubes don't think. They are idiots that will follow any leader that spouts off simplistic and nativist baloney.

Individual 1 needs to go...

And hopefully all the lemmings follow him over the edge...

And hopefully all the lemmings follow him over the edge...

The rubes are too stupid to wisen up now, they have invested whatever shreds of their credibility in their cult leader. Trump could be sentenced for treason and locked up for life and they would still support him, they are just brainless ticks.

Is this a smoking gun?

Okay, but the fact that the FBI even had enough cause to open up an investigation like this is unprecedented, don’t you think? Nothing like this has ever occurred. You have to at least admit that. The FBI uncovered enough facts to warrant an actual investigation. What are those facts we don’t know but still a little unnerving considering it’s the POTUS.

Seriously, this is like a spy novel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not look for a reason, I hated this mobbed up con artist for decades before he ever thought of running for president, as would any honest person who knew anything about him...

Hes a TV celebrity and Real Estate mogul. Who has NOT considered this???

YET his campaign pledges are political and on point with peoples beliefs. Likely why he got elected.

OUTSIDE of that.... If hes guilty with a crime CHARGE him... But the funny part is we are 2 years 01/11/2019 we make a NYtimes Topic that says FBI opened an Inquiry. THAT MUELLER HAS TAKEN OVER..... SO WHAT? Nothing HAS CHANGED as we know NOTHING of what Mueller has... PERIOD.......

Outside of replaying the Russia Story... and to intentionally insight discord. What purpose does this serve? NONE? AGAIN I am NOT Defending TRUMP, But I JUST want this crap over with if they GOT facts. And he is guilty of COLLUSION then he DOES NOT need to be POTUS anymore. If its only speculation and NO PROOF of any type of coordination lets get over it and move on.

Last edited:
Every day, it stuns me that this person...who acts like a Russian asset every day, who broke laws in order to cheat during the election, and whose campaign colluded with Russians...continues to make decisions for the entire country every day. That he has been allowed to continue in his role this long feels like a breakdown in the system.

That has been the one thing that makes me hesitate about anything related to Russia and Trump.

If he is a (willing) asset, why let him continue to be so?

I am not convinced he is a willing asset. I am also not convinced that the FBI and Mueller really don't know what to do with this. This is new territory, if Trump is indeed an asset.

I have never been one to jump on the "collusion" bandwagon. I often felt that if Trump had any guilt with Russians, it would be money laundering. I am not even willing to believe that he knew what Manafort was doing. Trump may have been wise and savvy decades ago, but now he is just a useful buffoon.

Back
Top Bottom