• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

F.B.I. Director Warns of Russian Interference and White Supremacist Violence

jpn

Retired Navy Commander
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Christopher A. Wray, the director of the F.B.I., warned a House committee on Thursday that Russia is actively pursuing a disinformation campaign against former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and expressed alarm about violent extremist groups.

“Racially motivated violent extremism,” mostly from white supremacists, has made up a majority of domestic terrorism threats, Mr. Wray told the House Homeland Security Committee. He also echoed an intelligence community assessment last month that Russia is conducting a “very active” campaign to spread disinformation and interfere in the presidential election, with Mr. Biden as the primary target.

“We certainly have seen very active — very active — efforts by the Russians to influence our election in 2020,” Mr. Wray said, specifically “to both sow divisiveness and discord, and I think the intelligence community has assessed this publicly, to primarily to denigrate Vice President Biden in what the Russians see as a kind of an anti-Russian establishment.”

Mr. Wray condemned all acts of bloodshed but refrained from overemphasizing violence caused by far-left groups like Antifa, the loose movement that purports to be against fascism, which Mr. Trump and Attorney General William P. Barr have repeatedly blamed for unrest in American cities.

So the Russians are again doing what they did in 2016, spreading disinformation in favor of Trump. Doubtless they'll target white grievance, which adds to white supremacist violence.

except the only people committing violence are leftist groups. iy amazes me that these groups have been burning and looting for weeks.

they are threatening more violence etc... if ginsberg is replaced.

i think wray is looking in the wrong direction.

except the only people committing violence are leftist groups. iy amazes me that these groups have been burning and looting for weeks.

Right wingers have always committed the most violence for decades now. That’s what the data collected by the FBI shows and what Wray is referring to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right wingers have always committed the most violence for decades now. That’s what the data collected by the FBI shows and what Wray is referring to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
yawn.
these leftists groups have been burning looting etc for the past 4 years or more.

facts do not care about your feelings.

yawn.
these leftists groups have been burning looting etc for the past 4 years or more.

facts do not care about your feelings.
They don't care about your feelings either and the fact is the FBI and DOJ have white wingers as the perpetrators of the vast majority of political violence in this country.

Americans of all stripes are being fed misinformation from countless bad actors, and have whipped themselves into such frenzy of hatred for each other that each side is predicting Civil War 2.0, no doubt which will be started by the other side but from which your side will emerge triumphant. The Rulers of the New Corporate America, the founding patriots that claim freedom while using social isolation, societal violence and thought crime laws to extinguish any last gasps of dissent. This is the result if it comes to this. No matter who wins, we all lose. The left needs the right, the right needs the left, otherwise we end up with Hitlers and Stalin's. Stop killing each other. Russia and China are having a field day.

So the Russians are again doing what they did in 2016, spreading disinformation in favor of Trump. Doubtless they'll target white grievance, which adds to white supremacist violence.
The only reason Wray still has his job is because it's politically impractical for Trump to send him packing.

But after Trump is reelected...Wray is out the door.

Next time, russians should allow the americans to interfere in their elections, but only with a budget of $10 thousand, as in the delirium in which they convinced themselves that the "russians" chose Trump for such ridiculous money...

Uh-oh...

The F.B.I. Director is warning us about Russia and Rightwing White Supremacist domestic terrorists.

These groups are two of Trump's most favored groups. I bet the FBI Director's days are numbered now.

As always, ludin reaches for the lie and manages to grasp a particularly stupid one. Right wing extremism is the greatest source of terrorism in the U.S.

Uh-oh...

The F.B.I. Director is warning us about Russia and Rightwing White Supremacist domestic terrorists.

These groups are two of Trump's most favored groups. I bet the FBI Director's days are numbered now.

Funny you say that . . .

Trump was asked outside the White House before departing for a campaign event whether he would consider removing Wray over his testimony.

“We’re looking at a lot of different things and I did not like his answers yesterday and I’m not sure he liked them either. I’m sure he probably would agree with me. Antifa is bad, really bad,” Trump said. Trump has used the fringe anarchist believers to paint a dark image of America under Biden. “And if you look at it, who is the real problem? The big problem is China. And we can have others also and I’m not excluding anybody. But the big problem is China, and why he doesn’t want to say that, that certainly bothers me,” Trump added, referring to reports that China was working to boost Biden in the election.

In a tweet Tuesday, Trump said the man he appointed to head the law-enforcement agency “will never be able to fix the FBI, which is badly broken despite having some of the greatest men & women working there!”

Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who conducted the probe of the agency’s actions, found that contrary to Trump’s claims, there was no evidence that political bias influenced the Russia investigation. Trump consistently said that investigation into the 2016 election was a way for the “deep state” to undermine him and his campaign. “We did not find documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI’s decision” to seek surveillance warrants on former Trump campaign aide Carter Page, Horowitz’s report concludes.

What a ****ing blatant lie. :LOL:

The only reason Wray still has his job is because it's politically impractical for Trump to send him packing.

But after Trump is reelected...Wray is out the door.

Trump and his ilk will be padding this statistic even moreso after the election:

repubcrooks.jpeg

What a ****ing blatant lie. :LOL:
facts say otherwise.
it isn't white supremist burning and looting, unless a bunch of black people just became white supremacists'.

facts say otherwise.

Yes they do. I'm glad you agree that the facts say right winger violence is the one that is actually happening the most.

it isn't white supremist burning and looting, unless a bunch of black people just became white supremacists'.

Nah... the white supremacists are the ones killing the cops and being violent provacateurs at the protests.

Yes they do. I'm glad you agree that the facts say right winger violence is the one that is actually happening the most.
yep facts say otherwise. glad you finally have figured it out.

Nah... the white supremacists are the ones killing the cops and being violent provacateurs at the protests.
really black people are now white supremacists?
i thought white supremacists hated black people.
you seem confused again.

yep facts say otherwise. glad you finally have figured it out.

really black people are now white supremacists?
i thought white supremacists hated black people.
you seem confused again.

Right-wing extremists killed more people last year than in any year since 1995
New York, NY, January 23, 2019 … Right-wing extremists were linked to at least 50 extremist-related murders in the United States in 2018, making them responsible for more deaths than in any year since 1995, according to new data from the ADL.​
In its annual report on extremist-related killings in the U.S., the ADL’s Center on Extremism reported that at least 50 people were killed by extremists in 2018, including the 11 individuals killed in the fatal anti-Semitic attack at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh. The tally represents a 35 percent increase from the 37 extremist-related murders in 2017, making 2018 the fourth-deadliest year on record for domestic extremist-related killings since 1970.​

Not some.
Not most.
All!

Putin is said to be personally running the campaign against Joe Biden. I'll never believe it. Putin, an experienced security officer, is well aware that the most important thing is not to interfere with Joe Biden in any way. With his discrediting, grandpa Joe does a great job without help.
And by the way, acting assistant Secretary of defense David Helvey said that the US authorities have not found information that would indicate that Russia paid monetary rewards to the Afghan Taliban for attacks on US military personnel.
The New York Times fed shit to its readers .

Last edited:
Christopher A. Wray, the director of the F.B.I., warned a House committee on Thursday that Russia is actively pursuing a disinformation campaign against former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr.
Does this mean they're running ads claiming that Biden is a smart, capable leader?

Back
Top Bottom