• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

F.a.o Steen .

FISHX

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Steen can i pick your brain please just a question i need clearing up.

If a woman has had a partial hystrectomy(uterus removal only not tubes and ovaries) is it possible for her to later go on to have an abdominal pregnancy and if so do you know what if any the risks to the baby/fetus are?

Thanks.

bump for steen

FISHX said:
Steen can i pick your brain please just a question i need clearing up.

If a woman has had a partial hystrectomy(uterus removal only not tubes and ovaries) is it possible for her to later go on to have an abdominal pregnancy and if so do you know what if any the risks to the baby/fetus are?

Thanks.
Sorry, just saw it now. The likelihood of an abdominal pregnancy is minimal, but not impossible. However, at the time of the surgery, the connection between the vagina and the abdomen is sealed of rather thoroughly (else, massive abdominal infection would result). It is possible for a channel to form through the tissue, however (Called a "fistula") but again, such a channel would also leave access for bacteria etc. SO an abdominal pregnancy is not really feasible without major infection as well, which would necessitate the removal of the products of conception and diseased tissue.

Not to mention that placental tissue is some of the most invasive tissue around (other than malignant cancers), and will need to implant on some solid tissue like the liver to not cause irreparable harm. Given that most of the abdomen are made u by intestines, that would be a more likely implantation site and thus destruction of bowels would be a likely outcome.

I don't see any feasible way to preserve an abdominal pregnancy either from ectopic implantation (has been noted in the past) or from post-hysterectomy accident.

Thank you Steen i knew i could rely on you;)

Back
Top Bottom