• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Extremist republicans

It is the President who is putting forth policies that threaten to “damage the fabric of the country” Trying to stop him from doing so is the right thing to do.

What policies are those?

It's certainly something they feel very strongly on. Many believe that immigration reform could be disastrous for the United States. It meets my definition of "core principle." I wouldn't ask them to reject it just for the sake of compromise.

If they really believe this, then they are falling for the Republican spin and perhaps should read something other than The Drudge Report.....The illegals are already here, they are still here because they already have jobs, their kids are already in schools here---so what will change?

I don't think most of what they do is necessarily obstruction, its just that the legislation goes against their beliefs.

it's because he's black. That's the only republican's would be against democratic policy

Really? The term knocking off implies murder. Not that there aren't a lot of politicians I would like to strangle, if only to shut them up for a minute, but still, a bit over the top, no?

Or do you think millions of Democrats are contemplating killing Republicans? I don't get out much so I don't know. Enlighten me.

Well he was either making a joke, being sarcastic or meant voting them out of office...You "could" ask him tho.....

It looks like the Immigration bill will die--they decided it would only expand the Democratic Party....so much for pulling Latinos into their corner...keep it up Republicans....:)

Who side are you on ?

Those Latinos who aren't looking for free stuff and respect the rule of law are already in the GOP corner.

What is there about the extremist republicans' hate of the President that they are willing to damage the fabric of the country in order to obstruct what the President wants to do? What is the solution aside from taking them out.
Who do you class as extremist republicans, and what damage are you referring to?

Sorry, but I don't read liberal marching orders.

The republicans I think are the worse, are the ones that want to impeach Obomba out of office.

Can anyone imagine "President Biden?"

There's a lot of political game playing in Congress overall, but it is an overused term when applied to obstruction. Much of that is simply ideological disagreement. Steve Stockman and Barack Obama are very far apart. Expecting those two sides to consistently come together in compromise frequently is unreasonable.

Well Steve Stockman and his ilk -- not only from Texas -- are not even willing to compromise on ANYTHING --big or small.....it doesn't matter....obstructionism is not an overused term at all...

it's because he's black. That's the only republican's would be against democratic policy

It sure points in that direction, doesn't it---they are now radically opposed to the same things they used to be for..some of which were originally "their" ideas....

Who side are you on ?

Those Latinos who aren't looking for free stuff and respect the rule of law are already in the GOP corner.

Don't lump all Latinos together--the only Hispanic group who are even remotely in the GOP corner are Cubans...

Don't lump all Latinos together--the only Hispanic group who are even remotely in the GOP corner are Cubans...
Not true.

The legal immigrants from Mexico I know are rather conservative.

I live in former California now referred to as Mexifornia. I know many Americans of Mexican descent and the majority are conservative and many very active in the GOP. They don't look at themselves as being hyphenated-Americans but just as Americans.

But there are hundreds of thousands of Mexican-Americans (Only naturalized citizens are suppose to be called hyphenated-Americans. All natural born and native born citizens are just Americans.) Now most of these immigrants from Mexico and Latin America who have been naturalized as citizens, I find most not willing to assimilate and want free stuff. They look at government as being the source of achieving the so called American dream, free stuff. So who offers free stuff for votes ? The Democrat Party.

It sure points in that direction, doesn't it---they are now radically opposed to the same things they used to be for..some of which were originally "their" ideas....

If you're talking about healthcare, you might take time to recognize that the republican camp originally behind Romney care often find themselves infighting, opposed, and largely marginalized by current republican party sentiments.

Fortunately, you were in the minority--President Obama won the election and he won big.......

Obama got less votes in 2012 than in 2008, the House "flipped" in 2011. The demorats are not becoming more popular. Think before you drink, even Koolaid. ;)

What is there about the extremist republicans' hate of the President that they are willing to damage the fabric of the country in order to obstruct what the President wants to do? What is the solution aside from taking them out.

When taking on an extremist,you must adapt a similar strategy. Sadly,the GOP has been anything but what you whine about them being.

You're the one who posed the question to me? I gave you a response and now you send me elsewhere?

Be reasonable please.

Well he was either making a joke, being sarcastic or meant voting them out of office...You "could" ask him tho.....

I'm not sure that's true in many of the districts which are very strongly Republican. I'd say a majority or close to it in most of them are very closely aligned with their candidate. I also, really don't see a viable alternative to the primary system anyway.

Gerrymandering has played a part for sure. Republicans won big in 2010 and used that to form a huge majority. Lately I've come to the conclusion I can't really blame either side for doing it while its still allowed though. It being allowed definitely needs to be ended, but not doing it puts your party at a huge disadvantage. Looking at it through game theory shows both sides have a strong incentive to do it. Even without gerrymandering Republicans are always going to have a built in advantage in redistricting though. Cities are naturally going to be kept as much together as possible, and they vote Democratic more strongly than the rural Republican areas. Even in a non-gerrymandered map of a state that is even politically, the Republicans could very well end up with an advantage.

If anything, I think the gerrymandering has created districts where the House Rebpublicans' biggest worry and their biggest threat to re-election is a primary against a TPer. Going far to the right doesn't hurt their chances of getting re-elected. So what we've got is politicians who don't need to compromise. In fact, it's more in their interests to NOT compromise.

I live in former California now referred to as Mexifornia. I know many Americans of Mexican descent and the majority are conservative and many very active in the GOP. They don't look at themselves as being hyphenated-Americans but just as Americans.

But there are hundreds of thousands of Mexican-Americans (Only naturalized citizens are suppose to be called hyphenated-Americans. All natural born and native born citizens are just Americans.) Now most of these immigrants from Mexico and Latin America who have been naturalized as citizens, I find most not willing to assimilate and want free stuff. They look at government as being the source of achieving the so called American dream, free stuff. So who offers free stuff for votes ? The Democrat Party.

I know of Republicans who take free stuff, but still vote Republican.....

If you're talking about healthcare, you might take time to recognize that the republican camp originally behind Romney care often find themselves infighting, opposed, and largely marginalized by current republican party sentiments.

Are you trying to say that there are still some moderate Republicans out there? Wow......

Obama got less votes in 2012 than in 2008, the House "flipped" in 2011. The demorats are not becoming more popular. Think before you drink, even Koolaid. ;)

What's your point? President Obama won the election and he won it big! You better forget about 2011 and think about 2014....

Back
Top Bottom