• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Extreme Wealth is Wrecking Us

JackA

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Obama bears much responsibility for this. Trump is no better but when he promised in the campaign to get tough with the banks at least we knew he was lying. Be that as it may, the rich are fooling themselves that the gravy train is here forever. The longer the lurid lopsidedness goes unaddressed the more explosive its ending will be.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/5-signs-extreme-wealth-deadens-empathy-honesty-parts-brain/

Really? How does Obama bear much responsibility for that?

Obama bears much responsibility for this. Trump is no better but when he promised in the campaign to get tough with the banks at least we knew he was lying. Be that as it may, the rich are fooling themselves that the gravy train is here forever. The longer the lurid lopsidedness goes unaddressed the more explosive its ending will be.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/5-signs-extreme-wealth-deadens-empathy-honesty-parts-brain/

"...we must understand that extreme wealth deadens parts of the brain."

Ummm...yeah...moving on.

Really? How does Obama bear much responsibility for that?

He failed to hold the banks and Wall Street accountable for the meltdown. He’s more culpable than Trump because he had the greater opportunity, not that Trump would have done better with it.

Couldn't open your link - it wanted me to subscribe or turn off my pop-blocker; nothing I've ever seen on rawstory has ever been worth that. However:

What does "get tough with banks" mean? See, one thing you and your ilk need to grasp is that "the rich" will always be here; not necessarily the SAME "rich" but people will always be successful and create products and services people are willing to pay money for. Last year alone America created 848,000 millionaires.

He failed to hold the banks and Wall Street accountable for the meltdown. He’s more culpable than Trump because he had the greater opportunity, not that Trump would have done better with it.

How should he have accomplished that without the help from a very hostile congress?

How should he have accomplished that without the help from a very hostile congress?

Congress didn’t control the Justice Department, nor was Congress hostile his first two years.

A v,ery hostile Congress his party dominated for his first two years - he got ACA through without a single GOP vote, didn't he?

A v,ery hostile Congress his party dominated for his first two years - he got ACA through without a single GOP vote, didn't he?

I think you should sit right down and write him an angry letter expressing your displeasure at his failure to go after banks in his first two years. Make it terse and compelling. I just know he's eager to hear from you.

I think you should sit right down and write him an angry letter expressing your displeasure at his failure to go after banks in his first two years. Make it terse and compelling. I just know he's eager to hear from you.
Wasn't me that said they should go after the banks in the first play - all on the OP.

Couldn't open your link - it wanted me to subscribe or turn off my pop-blocker; nothing I've ever seen on rawstory has ever been worth that. However:

What does "get tough with banks" mean? See, one thing you and your ilk need to grasp is that "the rich" will always be here; not necessarily the SAME "rich" but people will always be successful and create products and services people are willing to pay money for. Last year alone America created 848,000 millionaires.
The problem isnt that exceptional people become successful, but that those with money are capable of hiring lawyers and lobbiest who skew the system unfairly in their favor regardless of their contributions.

Like allowing employers to force employees to sign mandatory arbitration clauses.

Back
Top Bottom