• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Extreme-Out of Touch with reality

Conservative

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Everytime I see a Liberal Activist on TV calling anyone that disagrees with them extreme and out of the mainstream I recognize that these people are out of touch with reality and obviously don't know what extreme really means. Let me help them and then ask you who are the extreme's?

YouTube - Extreme

Everytime I see a Liberal Activist on TV calling anyone that disagrees with them extreme and out of the mainstream I recognize that these people are out of touch with reality and obviously don't know what extreme really means. Let me help them and then ask you who are the extreme's?

YouTube - Extreme

:funny:lamo

Sharon Angle or anyone else beats Harry Reid Hands down. Reid is a disgrace. Second Amendment remedies? Isn't it time for the Congress to listen to the will of the people. Extreme addresses the issues that Obama and the Democrat Controlled Congress went against the American people and you ignored that. By the way, you are in Oregon, why do you care about Nevada?

Last edited:
Well, well, our "centrist" gives the usual non response to the content of the video. How typical!

This was the funniest part of your post. " out of touch with reality ":2rofll:

This was the funniest part of your post. " out of touch with reality ":2rofll:

Maybe the problem, centrist, is you don't know what reality means? In this case the reality is Barack Obama and the Democrat controlled Congress are going against the will of the people as the numbers show.

Sharon Angle or anyone else beats Harry Reid Hands down. Reid is a disgrace. Second Amendment remedies? Isn't it time for the Congress to listen to the will of the people. Extreme addresses the issues that Obama and the Democrat Controlled Congress went against the American people and you ignored that. By the way, you are in Oregon, why do you care about Nevada?
Why do you ask such a stupid question? Do you care what happens in Nevada?

And why do you believe the polls are accurate? Please review the following video.

Why do you ask such a stupid question? Do you care what happens in Nevada?

And why do you believe the polls are accurate? Please review the following video.

Yes, I care what happens in Nevada just like I care what happens in Oregon as originally I am from Seattle. The country will be better off getting back to the principles of our Founders and that means kicking out Harry Reid and most other incumbants including ALL Democrat incumbants that got us into this mess. Maybe one of these days you will actually address actual issues like the Democrat agenda that was passed after Obama took office that led to a drop in employment of 4 million and an increase of 3 trillion to the debt. Not sure what you are learning in school but it does appear that it isn't history or civics.

Conservative needs to learn so new ad hom's. His old ones are getting worn out from overuse.

He doesn't like being accused (directly or through implication) of being out of touch with reality. Nobody does.

But, this is a bad way to respond.

He doesn't like being accused (directly or through implication) of being out of touch with reality. Nobody does.

But, this is a bad way to respond.

There must be a handbook for liberals as they all do the same thing, divert from the issue, attack the messenger, and when all else fails ignore the issue entirely.

There must be a handbook for liberals as they all do the same thing, divert from the issue, attack the messenger, and when all else fails ignore the issue entirely.

You showed a youtube video of brief clips. It's not worth responding to, it's just propaganda.

You showed a youtube video of brief clips. It's not worth responding to, it's just propaganda.

Brief clips of issues and American poll numbers for those issues and you call that propaganda? Liberals are out of touch with reality.

Brief clips of issues and American poll numbers for those issues and you call that propaganda? Liberals are out of touch with reality.

I couldn't write this stuff better if I tried.

Hint: 5 second clips from some speech do not give an accurate picture of a person's views on any issue.

Conservatives do that too. That's how we are conditioned to conduct political discourse in this country. There are no alternative ways of discussing or thinking about issues.

Last edited:
Conservatives do that too. That's how we are conditioned to conduct political discourse in this country.

Provide specifics, what exactly has any conservative distorted, diverted, or ignored? Most liberals just don't like it when conservatives offer specific verifiable facts from non partisan agencies to refute liberal feelings. Would love to find a liberal who could actually debate an issue but instead I get personal attacks, diversions, and distortions.

This video cites liberal rhetoric basically calling the majority in this country extreme. If you are against this President it is being extreme or worse. the reality is this President has gone against the will of the people thus bringing into question who really is extreme.

Provide specifics, what exactly has any conservative distorted, diverted, or ignored? Most liberals just don't like it when conservatives offer specific verifiable facts from non partisan agencies to refute liberal feelings. Would love to find a liberal who could actually debate an issue but instead I get personal attacks, diversions, and distortions.

The debt. Over half of it it was accrued under Republican administrations and congresses, and it is a result of systematic failures in nation's our socio-political-economic complex, something no single individual is responsible for or can control. Even if Obama hadn't been elected, we still would have had record-breaking deficits, through the cost of operating our standard socio-political-economic complex, regardless of what decisions were made to address the fall out of the recession -- even if no bail out was conducted, we still would have had massive deficits due to a loss of revenue from the collapse of so many significant economic institutions. However, conservatives have reduced the debt issue into a sensationalistic attack on Obama and his perceived foolishness. But even if Obama was many times the fool conservatives accuse him of being, the debt still would be very peripherally about Obama; it really has nothing to do with him or his decisions.

This video cites liberal rhetoric basically calling the majority in this country extreme. If you are against this President it is being extreme or worse. the reality is this President has gone against the will of the people thus bringing into question who really is extreme.

I don't think 'will' is an appropriate term to refer to the whims that drive American politics. It implies a depth and consistency of feeling and a determination to act that the American people don't generally exhibit when it comes to politics. Writing in a poll or voting in an election is not a test of will.

Last edited:
Yes, I care what happens in Nevada just like I care what happens in Oregon as originally I am from Seattle. The country will be better off getting back to the principles of our Founders and that means kicking out Harry Reid and most other incumbants including ALL Democrat incumbants that got us into this mess. Maybe one of these days you will actually address actual issues like the Democrat agenda that was passed after Obama took office that led to a drop in employment of 4 million and an increase of 3 trillion to the debt. Not sure what you are learning in school but it does appear that it isn't history or civics.
You claim that the Democrats got us into this mess because they were pushing no down payment loans to those people who can't afford them. But you can't seem to understand this is what President Bush did. I posted the following link from the freerepublic, but either you didn't read it or just ignored it.

790 KABC: 2002
Los Angeles KABC talk show host Doug McIntyre is playing the tape of President Bush's 2002 speech where President Bush thanked the heads of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac for helping assure the right to home ownership for all.

President Bush said that there is a home ownership gap for minorities. President Bush said that it was important to make monies available for down payments.

He said that minorities often have a difficult time getting the down payment for a home, trouble acquiring home loans and trouble making monthly mortgage payments.

President Bush mentioned the billions of dollars spent in vouchers for Section 8 Housing for leased apartments. President Bush said that as it is, Section 8 Housing encourages leases rather than home ownership.

President Bush said that he would like to see the Section 8 vouchers used as script for down payments and as payment for mortgages instead of leases.

President Bush said that he would like to have those Section 8 vouchers used instead to help those who can't afford to make a down payment on a home. President Bush said that he would like Section 8 vouchers to be used as script to help those who have trouble making monthly mortgage payments on a home.

Help 5 1/2 Million More People Own Their Own Homes

President Bush spoke of his dream to help 5 1/2 million more people to own their own home within the next five years.

President Bush called the program "American Dream Down Payment Fund."

His 2002 speech follows the above.

Anyone who does that. Especially when they cannot prove their argument.

See guy I quoted.

=Morality Games;1058932630]The debt. Over half of it it was accrued under Republican administrations and congresses, and it is a result of systematic failures in nation's our socio-political-economic complex, something no single individual is responsible for or can control. Even if Obama hadn't been elected, we still would have had record-breaking deficits, through the cost of operating our standard socio-political-economic complex, regardless of what decisions were made to address the fall out of the recession -- even if no bail out was conducted, we still would have had massive deficits due to a loss of revenue from the collapse of so many significant economic institutions. However, conservatives have reduced the debt issue into a sensationalistic attack on Obama and his perceived foolishness. But even if Obama was many times the fool conservatives accuse him of being, the debt still would be very peripherally about Obama; it really has nothing to do with him or his decisions.

Are you talking about the debt or the deficit? Our Constitution creates three equal branches of govt. Legislative, Executive, and Judicial. Congress is in the legislative brance and is responsible for the budget and all spending. Not one dime can be spent without Congressional approval. Barack Obama was in that Congress and since 2007 it has been under control of the Democrats. Obama voted for all the Bush spending in 2007 on and then put that spending on steroids. Then in 2010 he didn't have Bush to blame and this year will add another 1.4 trillion to the debt. The facts are at the U.S. Treasury so suggest you go there.

I don't think 'will' is an appropriate term to refer to the whims that drive American politics. It implies a depth and consistency of feeling and a determination to act that the American people don't generally exhibit when it comes to politics. Writing in a poll or voting in an election is not a test of will.

the point is Barack Obama and Democrats call anyone against the Obama agenda as extreme and the numbers show that means the majority in this country are extreme whether it is for healthcare, direction of the country, Mosque, economy. The real extreme is Barack Obama and the Democrat Congress

You claim that the Democrats got us into this mess because they were pushing no down payment loans to those people who can't afford them. But you can't seem to understand this is what President Bush did. I posted the following link from the freerepublic, but either you didn't read it or just ignored it.

790 KABC: 2002

His 2002 speech follows the above.

The road to home ownership did not include subprime mortgages and NO President can do a thing without Congressional approval. Take your issue up with Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Owning a home is a great goal to have but it is a priviledge not a right.

The road to home ownership did not include subprime mortgages and NO President can do a thing without Congressional approval. Take your issue up with Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. Owning a home is a great goal to have but it is a priviledge not a right.
I'll leave you to your delusions and the wingnut loons who believe this innuendo.

Back
Top Bottom