• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Extradition of Julian Assange undermines freedom of speech

The "other" crime was the accusation of rape created to get him out of the embassy as it would be easier to extradite him to America from Sweden!
The conduct of the Swedish prosecutor was fishy from the beginning. I have not legal expertise apart from teaching law in high school. I had never heard of a European Arrest Warrant being issued by a magistrate absent a criminal charge. Whistleblower Julian Assange was not charged with any crime in Sweden yet a prosecutor appears to have got a magistrate to issue a European Arrest Warrant for the purpose of questioning Assange regarding an allegation of rape. The European Arrest Warrant was never meant to be used to force the return of a person to a country in order to answer police questions. No European Union country can force a suspect to answer police questions and I am unaware of any European Union Arrest Warrant being issued before this in order to forcibly return a person to a member state for the purpose of answering police questions. In other words, the Swedes appear to have used a bogus European Arrest Warrant to get the English court to return Julian Assange to Sweden. Why? It is unlikely the Swedish prosecutor was able to make a case against Julian Assange or else the warrant would have been made on a charge. If a charge depended on him incriminating himself under police questioning then that was not going to happen as a person does not have to answer questions in Sweden. The reason for the judge to issue a European Arrest Warrant looks most odd to me. I am left with the question as to why the Swedes really wanted Julian Assange returned to Sweden. I suspect the case against him would never have been made by which time he would have been in Swedish custody and subject to extradition to the USA for a show trial.

Last edited:
The conduct of the Swedish prosecutor was fishy from the beginning. I have not legal expertise apart from teaching law in high school. I had never heard of a European Arrest Warrant being issued by a magistrate absent a criminal charge. Whistleblower Julian Assange was not charged with any crime in Sweden yet a prosecutor appears to have got a magistrate to issue a European Arrest Warrant for the purpose of questioning Assange regarding an allegation of rape. The European Arrest Warrant was never meant to be used to force the return of a person to a country in order to answer police questions. No European Union country can force a suspect to answer police questions and I am unaware of any European Union Arrest Warrant being issued before this in order to forcibly return a person to a member state for the purpose of answering police questions. In other words, the Swedes appear to have used a bogus European Arrest Warrant to get the English court to return Julian Assange to Sweden. Why? It is unlikely the Swedish prosecutor was able to make a case against Julian Assange or else the warrant would have been made on a charge. If a charge depended on him incriminating himself under police questioning then that was not going to happen as a person does not have to answer questions in Sweden. The reason for the judge to issue a European Arrest Warrant looks most odd to me. I am left with the question as to why the Swedes really wanted Julian Assange returned to Sweden. I suspect the case against him would never have been made by which time he would have been in Swedish custody and subject to extradition to the USA for a show trial.
Exactly the point I was trying to make by not as eloquently as your post! Excellent post!

To All:

Former ABC reporter Charles Glass has written a comprehensive report on the abuses of law which have occurred in the 12 years running up to the Assange extradition trial. It is a detailed and fascinating read published by The Intercept.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Mr Assange committed no crime, apart from telling the truth, highlighting genocide. His allotted task in life! You on the other hand again, make every attempt to deflect from your friends ability to dictate American foreign policy! But they are excellent organiser of setting nation against nation, regime change, torture chambers secret prisons..... WW1-WW2, only bankers benefit, and the extreme rich, in any war! The masses just die! Like sheep set against sheep! Even today, America uses gas against Syrians, previously giving sarin to Saddam, when he was forced as an American puppet, to attack Iran! Only one that comes out smelling of roses, is Israel, because no one can or is allowed to highlight there daily genocide, there ownership of atomic weapons, never signing the non poliferation treaty, hiding Palestinian dead in refrigerated lorries, or there thieving fingers in the American tax payers pockets! Even Assange cannot highlight these crimes, for fear of retribution from American military or Mossad one and the same! If Guantanamo can hold innocent people, to be tortured, murdered, sexually abused, raped, sodomised, even children, what does that say about American democracy, or American justice? That being one of many secret prisons, holding innocents to be tortured or murdered held without trial through out the world........ your American government behaves like a rabid animal from the 12th century! Let me hear you spout out again, how you and your Zionist friends uphold America exceptionalism and democracy, give me a laugh! You can market ice cubes to eskimo's!.

Huge rant. Zero answer.

You claimed the rape charge was a crime.

How so?

I always need to remind myself, you must never mock the afflicted, but one might notice, like attracts like, how's your sidekick!

It makes sense that you wouldn’t want to mock yourself, but you calling yourself “afflicted” is, while true.... also absolutely necessary.

So that’s why you Holocaust deniers attract fellow scum of the earth.

It makes sense that you wouldn’t want to mock yourself, but you calling yourself “afflicted” is, while true.... also absolutely necessary.

This thread is not about the Final Solution.

From the Charles Glass article linked above:

The first recorded “black op” against Assange occurred on September 27, 2010, when a suitcase containing three laptops, hard drives, and clothing vanished from the aircraft carrying him from Sweden to Germany. Efforts to retrieve his belongings, which included privileged communications with his legal counsel, elicited vague excuses from the airline that it knew nothing. The fate of the purloined items became public knowledge in 2013 when information from his laptops appeared in prosecution briefs against U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning. In 2011, FBI agents went to Iceland to employ an 18-year-old informant, Sigurdur “Siggi” Thordarson, to spy on WikiLeaks. When Iceland’s authorities discovered the FBI’s illegal activities, it deported the FBI agents. Thodarson, whom the FBI had paid $5,000 and flown around the world, later confessed to stealing money from WikiLeaks and was convicted for sexually abusing underage boys.

and:

Former employees of a private Spanish firm, Undercover Global SL, which was employed to provide security at the London embassy, testified on the final day of the Assange hearing that they installed more cameras and microphones, tampered with the mobile phones of visitors, stole the diapers of one of Assange’s babies to take his DNA, and discussed kidnapping and murdering him. They fed live video to the CIA of Assange’s legal consultations. Something similar happened to Daniel Ellsberg after he released the Pentagon Papers to the New York Times and Washington Post in 1971. The White House “plumbers,” who would later rob the Democratic Party headquarters in Washington’s Watergate Complex, broke into Ellsberg’s psychiatrist’s office to steal his medical files. The FBI had bugged Ellsberg’s phone without a warrant. So outrageous was the government’s behavior that Judge William Matthew Byrne dismissed the Espionage Act case against Ellsberg “with prejudice,” meaning that the government could not appeal.

Some of the prosecution's key evidence and the prosecution's trial strategy were developed from stolen property and illegal bugging. Yet the British court allowed such evidence to be submitted as the Americans did in the Bradley/Chelsea Manning case. Fruit of the poisoned tree!

In other parts of the article we find more serious legal miscarriages. We find clear evidence that the CIA was operating in America on American soil (Las Vegas) and that the FBI were operating covertly and illegally outside of America (Iceland). Both these kinds of operations are illegal by American law. Therefore these acts were illegal by American law and all evidence collected by these operations should be suppressed by the UK court. But, no, they have not been. This hearing to date has been a sham and a show trial which has run roughshod over UK procedural law, American law and the Rule of Law. This is shameful and all UK citizens should be enraged at what this rogue legal tribunal is doing in their names and doing to the Rule of Law..

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:

As you haven't a clue about anything, i forgive you!

Satire often reveals unspeakable truths.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Nobody cares about what a Holocaust denier like yourself thinks.....or fantasizes about “forgiving.
I don't have enough facts to make a judgement on the holocaust, I deal in facts not emotions, but I know the 4 million Jews that supposedly died in WW1 is an exaggeration , and I also know the 6 million Jews that supposedly died in WW2 to be an exaggeration.
I try to use my logic and basic intelligence to make decisions, not threat intimidation, or insult! As you and your sidekick repeatedly attempt, to protect Israel and Zionism from any scrutiny of crimes against humanity, or there actions on humanity in general! There corruption of the American constitution and rights of Americans. But you have the right to defend the indefenceable,
I have the right to highlight the fact! Have a nice day.

You have no case to rest.

You claimed the rape charge was a crime.

How so?

Looks like another Seagull impression by Highlanders.

Swoop in, defecate, swoop out.
I like the post at the bottom, it's funny! But I'll leave you to justify crap, as you seem to be full of it!

What a question to ask, honestly, rape.... no rape existed! The crime was to get Assange to Sweden, so your vermin, you know those that like you who can mitigate any criminal action, and transfer him through rendition or brown envelopes, to America. Go on deny it.... then we could mention Lockerbie, and paying witness to lie! The execution of Americans on foreign soil, even there children.... by accident! But my rubber boned German friend of Zion, your allegiance isnt to America, is it? You have proven that time and time again, my impression is you detest Americans, and America, you deny it, but time and time again, you denigrate justice for Americans to second place, with Israeli right superseding any rights Americans might have of the zionists criminal actions against them! Or even any criminal actions Israel makes against the natural order of justice, there is not crime you cannot mitigate or defend against from strangulation of a ten year old child, to the murder of six children playing on a beach! Action speak far louder than any word or excuse, written from you!

I like the post at the bottom, it's funny! But I'll leave you to justify crap, as you seem to be full of it!

What a question to ask, honestly, rape.... no rape existed! The crime was to get Assange to Sweden, so your vermin, you know those that like you who can mitigate any criminal action, and transfer him through rendition or brown envelopes, to America. Go on deny it.... then we could mention Lockerbie, and paying witness to lie! The execution of Americans on foreign soil, even there children.... by accident! But my rubber boned German friend of Zion, your allegiance isnt to America, is it? You have proven that time and time again, my impression is you detest Americans, and America, you deny it, but time and time again, you denigrate justice for Americans to second place, with Israeli right superseding any rights Americans might have of the zionists criminal actions against them! Or even any criminal actions Israel makes against the natural order of justice, there is not crime you cannot mitigate or defend against from strangulation of a ten year old child, to the murder of six children playing on a beach! Action speak far louder than any word or excuse, written from you!
Information blocked by British Government
The rights of those living abroad to submit freedom of information requests are to be tested in court after more than a dozen cases – including one relating to Julian Assange’s extradition – were blocked. ... One of the blocked cases is an appeal by the Italian journalist Stefania Maurizi, who works for daily newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano and writes about WikiLeaks. She has been pursuing information about how the Crown Prosecution Service dealt with its Swedish counterpart during initial attempts to extradite Assange to Sweden. Her work has been covered by the Guardian. Maurizi has also studied at Imperial College in London.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-uk-freedom-of-information-bids-from-overseas

It looks like I am not the only one who finds the European Arrest Warrant issued by a Swedish magistrate to be fishy.

Stupid stuff ignored.

What a question to ask, honestly, rape.... no rape existed!

And your evidence for this claim is?

Evidence.

Not claims.

Not opinions.

Not excerpts from some other conspiracy theorist's claims.

The crime was to get Assange to Sweden, so your vermin, you know those that like you who can mitigate any criminal action, and transfer him through rendition or brown envelopes, to America. Go on deny it.... then we could mention Lockerbie, and paying witness to lie! The execution of Americans on foreign soil, even there children.... by accident! But my rubber boned German friend of Zion, your allegiance isnt to America, is it? You have proven that time and time again, my impression is you detest Americans, and America, you deny it, but time and time again, you denigrate justice for Americans to second place, with Israeli right superseding any rights Americans might have of the zionists criminal actions against them! Or even any criminal actions Israel makes against the natural order of justice, there is not crime you cannot mitigate or defend against from strangulation of a ten year old child, to the murder of six children playing on a beach! Action speak far louder than any word or excuse, written from you!

Prattling nonsense and reference to Jews ignored.

ETA - RUNAWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Satire often reveals unspeakable truths.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Somewhat amusing but Assange is a hypocrite who truly did interfere with American elections, so he deserved to be dungeoned.

I don't have enough facts to make a judgement on the holocaust,

Because you refuse to look at the evidence that is out there.

I deal in facts not emotions,

Laughably incorrect.

but I know the 4 million Jews that supposedly died in WW1 is an exaggeration ,

Citation for this claim?

You keep mentioning it but you refuse to present any citation.

and I also know the 6 million Jews that supposedly died in WW2 to be an exaggeration.

You claim that you don't have enough facts to make a judgement on the holocaust.... Yet you declare the approximately 6 million Jews who died in WW2 to be an exaggeration.

Looks like you are lying about making judgement.

I try to use my logic and basic intelligence to make decisions, not threat intimidation, or insult!

You fail miserably at the logic and basic intelligence as has been proven with the Pentagon nonsense you spew.

As you and your sidekick repeatedly attempt, to protect Israel and Zionism from any scrutiny of crimes against humanity, or there actions on humanity in general! There corruption of the American constitution and rights of Americans. But you have the right to defend the indefenceable,
I have the right to highlight the fact! Have a nice day.

The patented Highlander reference to Jews.

BTW -
Red Cross documents do not undermine official Holocaust death toll

Stupid stuff ignored.

And your evidence for this claim is?
Evidence.
Not claims.
Not opinions.
Not excerpts from some other conspiracy theorist's claims.
Prattling nonsense and reference to Jews ignored

ETA - RUNAWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I notice your ignoring the really important known facts, but again, we both know why!

But your disgusting comment at the end just shows your worth!
But again, we both know what your worth, to your Zionist friends, because there is nothing or anything outwith your clique! You sell out America and Americans to follow Israeli wants and demands because of there dominance in America's military government, government bodies, legal, financial institutions, a simple example of that is there dirty fingers stealing money from American tax payers! Do the tax payers gave a say to give Israel money? Not at all! Only those indentured in some way to Zionism, makes these decisions, and you, you help with your deflecting from the truth! Ridiculing posters to the detriment of America! How many pieces of silver?

Because you refuse to look at the evidence that is out there.

Laughably incorrect.

Citation for this claim?

You keep mentioning it but you refuse to present any citation.

You claim that you don't have enough facts to make a judgement on the holocaust.... Yet you declare the approximately 6 million Jews who died in WW2 to be an exaggeration.

Looks like you are lying about making judgement.

You fail miserably at the logic and basic intelligence as has been proven with the Pentagon nonsense you spew.

The patented Highlander reference to Jews.

BTW -
Red Cross documents do not undermine official Holocaust death toll
Goodness me, a money based site.... giving information ..... one investor struck off in 2015. By the charities commission, you aught to know by now, I check my facts!
I'm not prepared to accept any more of your filthy bankers as proof of anything but your parochial bias towards .Israel rather than your adopted country, you should be repatriated to Germany, pease block me!

Somewhat amusing but Assange is a hypocrite who truly did interfere with American elections, so he deserved to be dungeoned.

PoS:

Julian Assange published documents, nothing more (despite the hyperbole of others and the absurd accusation of the US Government that telling someone else that you cannot break an in encrypted access key is somehow computer hacking). If Mr. Assange is liable for criminal prosecution for what he did, then so are the editors and boards of directors of the New York Times, La Pais, Le Monde, Der Spiegel, and The Guardian. Setting the precedent that publishing something which somebody else has stolen "is illegal" is a direct attack on the trade of journalism and will gut the ability of the free press to conduct investigative journalism.

I am not an American, but in a sense I am interfering in your 2020 election by strongly attacking one candidate for president and one party for Congress even though I do not think highly of the other candidates and parties involved. My impact is less, but my actions are the same because in the past I have posted (republished) excerpts of stolen documents from third-party sources who have published them (Wikileaks, Panama Papers, Pentagon Papers, etc.). Should I serve 175 years or a fraction thereof in a maximum security prison where I am in solitary confinement for 22 hours a day, where I get one hour of exercise per day and where I cannot even communicate with my legal counsel as I need to,mbecause I am in a Communications Management Unit (CMU)?

You call Mr. Assange a hypocrite and in some ways you are right. But who among us has not shown hypocracy in the course of our lives? Should hypocrites face centuries of jail time simply for being hypocritical? The video I posted made something very clear. Mr. Assange is not a very likeable individual but focusing on that rather than what he actually did will lead to a crippling precedent being set for all journalism. See 1:45 minutes into the video.

You are a writer. Suppose that something which you wrote offended the Laissez Majeste laws of Thailand. Should Thailand have the right to extradite you because you knowingly insulted the monarchy in one of your stories/novels by using leaked documents of its wrongdoing and then lock you up for the rest of your life because you broke a Thai law by interfering with the political process in Thailand? I would argue no. In both your hypothetical case and in Mr. Assange's. USvLaw does not apply and should not apply to Australians working out of Germany and Iceland. That is beyond American legal jurisdiction. Not being satisfied by being the global policeman, folks like Mike Pompeo want to make America the global judge,global juror and global executioner too. That will not stand.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I notice your ignoring the really important known facts, but again, we both know why!

Nothing "really important" in your rote regurgitation of lies, hyperbole and libel.

So, your evidence?

But your disgusting comment at the end just shows your worth!
But again, we both know what your worth, to your Zionist friends, because there is nothing or anything outwith your clique! You sell out America and Americans to follow Israeli wants and demands because of there dominance in America's military government, government bodies, legal, financial institutions, a simple example of that is there dirty fingers stealing money from American tax payers! Do the tax payers gave a say to give Israel money? Not at all! Only those indentured in some way to Zionism, makes these decisions, and you, you help with your deflecting from the truth! Ridiculing posters to the detriment of America! How many pieces of silver?

Rambling rant ignored.

Goodness me, a money based site.... giving information ..... one investor struck off in 2015. By the charities commission, you aught to know by now, I check my facts!
I'm not prepared to accept any more of your filthy bankers as proof of anything but your parochial bias towards .Israel rather than your adopted country, you should be repatriated to Germany, pease block me!

More of the standard Highlanders hand waving of evidence.

Everything presented that disproves your claims is ignored because of some nebulous connection to DA JOOOOOOZ.

This flys in the face of your lie that you look at facts.

Back
Top Bottom