• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Explain Your Reasoning.

Fantasea said:
When was the last time that one of your moles produced a human child?
What does that have to do with your claim of DNA making the zygote? As I have established, the hydatidiform mole contains the human DNA. Per your silly claims, that makes it a child.

Fantasea said:
The discussion is certainly about “life”. Life is the product of conception.
And so is the sperm and egg. Unless you are trying to lie AGAIN, and claim that those cells are not alive, that they are not 'life"?

Fantasea said:
Twist and squirm as you may, your argument is empty.

Tell me, can either the egg, or the sperm, by itself, produce a human child?
Irrelevant to your lying claim that they are not alive. You can try to cover up your lies, but rest assured that I will continue to point them out. If you don't like to continuously be exposed as a liar, then STOP LYING!!!

Fantasea said:
Irrespective of all else,
Oh, the sign of retreat. You have given up defending all the lies you have made previously and try to argue that despite all your mamny lies, you are still right. How lame and pathetic. How cowardly of you.
every abortion procedure stills a beating human heart.
Of an embryo or a fetus. So what?

Originally Posted by Fantasea;
"...every abortion procedure stills a beating human heart."

Originally Posted by steen;
Of an embryo or a fetus. So what?"

That is the face of moral poverty.

Last edited:
Busta said:
Originally Posted by Fantasea;
"...every abortion procedure stills a beating human heart."

Originally Posted by steen;
Of an embryo or a fetus. So what?"

That is the face of moral poverty.
No, the moral poverty comes when people like you feel it just fine and dandy to oppress and enslave a sentient, thinking, feeling woman for the benefit of non-sentient, non-sensate tissue. Such misogynistic oppression is disgusting. THAT is the face of the amoral prolifers, the complete disregard for living, thinking, feeling human beings, just because they are women.

THINGS SURE HAVE BEEN BUSY SINCE I LAST HAD A CHANCE TO POST.
Here are some selected quotes; I'll refer to them by number as needed at the bottom. The reply is for Fantasea, but do thank steen and Kandahar for their contributions.

(1)FutureIncoming:
Almost all the rest of what you wrote is dependent upon the FACT that humans CLAIM that humans are somehow more special than other organisms, with hardly any objective evidence to support the claim.
I submit that humans are NOT more special than other life-forms, when seen from the grand perspective. If you can present evidence to the contrary, feel free to do so!!!

(2)Fantasea:
With respect, I prefer not to engage in philosopical discussions which cannot be concluded. However, when seen from the practical perspective, the intelligent human is superior to and light years ahead of every other life form.

(3)steen:
Until the brain connects with the inputs received from sensory nerves, it is just a lump of tissue sitting there. It does not do any processing until signals reach the brain's cortex. It is the equivalent to a computer that is not turned on.
And that final connection, the "turning on" of the brain doesn't happen until the end of the 26th week of pregnancy, when the thalamocortical tract connects. Until then, the brain receives no inputs, until then, it does no processing, until then, it is non-functioning.

(4)Fantasea:
How does this render a living, growing, human fetus unworthy of continued life?

(5)Kandahar:
Because a fetus can't "think" if its brain doesn't have any input. Do you disagree that thinking should be the determining characteristic of whether or not an entity is entitled to the right to life? If so, what would you suggest instead? What other single characteristic sets humans apart from animals that you would not grant the right to life to?

(6)Fantasea:
A human zygote, a human embryo, a human fetus all have one thing in common; they are human. They are simply different stages of development of a human being. There is no difference in the quality of humanity from one to the other. Human life commences with conception. That is what entitles a zygote, an embryo, a fetus to the right to life.

(7)Fantasea:
In the vernacular, expressions such as, ‘Unborn child”, “Carrying a child.”, “With child”, and many others of that ilk have been popular for centuries. Dictionaries are replete with applicable definitions.

(8)Fantasea:
Sperm, unless it unites with an egg, will remain sperm. An egg, unless it unites with sperm, will remain an egg.
Neither, by itself, can produce a child.

(9)steen:
But both can produce a zygote by their own DNA. That's what a hydatidiform mole is. Didn't you know that?

(10)Fantasea:
You must know, by now, that I never discuss abortion on the basis of religion.

(11)Fantasea:
When a woman voluntarily engages in conduct which may result in pregnancy, she knowingly accepts the responsibility of the consequences.

(12)Fantasea:
I’m surprised that you are not also placing the blame for “Katrina” on his shoulders, too.

(13)Fantasea:
In order to make the abortion solution work, the unborn child must be reduced to the status of non-human. This is the only way that the pro-choice crowd can hope for acceptance of its message of death.

(14)Fantasea:
The fact remains that every abortion stills a beating human heart.

========

To Fantasea:
Almost all of the argumentation that followed my last post (1) is related to your UNPROVED CLAIM that human life is more special than other life. Your comment (10), regarding religion, is therefore mistaken. ALL religions are fundamentally based on unproved claims. Since you are persistently making the unproved claim that human life is so special it must be preserved whenever possible, you actually ARE discussing abortion on the basis of a religious stand (although a non-formalized religious stand).

But let me get back to your (2) comment about the superiority of humans. In actual fact you cannot honestly make the claim that humans are "light years ahead of every other life form", simply because we don't know about all the life forms in distant corners of the Universe. There may be types of life out there to which grown human beings have no more talent than the tube worms at various ocean-bottom hydrothermal vents. And even if we ignore the unknown, and focus only on the known life on Planet Earth, humans are not really light-years ahead of all of them. We have evidence that some gorillas and chimps are actually mentally ahead of some (severely retarded) humans. Which implies that when compared to ordinary humans, those gorillas and chimps are NOT light-years behind. Also, in measured scientific fact every single human mental ability except one has been found in other life-forms on Earth -- simply to lesser degree than possessed by the average human. (The one so-far-as-known unique mental trait of humans is the ability to see self in the situation of another.)

Next, I thank you for admitting that the key thing that distinguishes humans from animals is their minds. AND I thank you for preferring to reference the vernacular (7). Because you seem to have never really thought about how the word "Being" is used in the vernacular. That is, how many times have you ever met any of these phrases (outside science fiction)? "Cat Beings", "Dog Beings", "Mouse Beings", "Frog Beings", "Grasshopper Beings".... DO YOU ADMIT that in the vernacular, the word "Being" is reserved for creatures that have MINDS? ("Alien Beings", "Intelligent Beings", "Sentient Beings"....) BY YOUR OWN PREFERENCE FOR THE VERNACULAR, THERFORE, THE ZYGOTE, EMBRYO, OR YOUNG FETUS CANNOT QUALIFY AS A HUMAN BEING. It is a PERFECTLY HUMAN ANIMAL BODY ONLY, "empty" until it acquires a MIND (3). ONLY THEN can it deserve the label of "Human Being", per your own preference for the vernacular!!! This directly relates to what you wrote at the end of (13). WE DO NOT have to reduce the status of (per vernacular) "an unborn child" to non-human. We merely have to recognize the simple truth that for most of a pregnancy it is not a (per vernacular) "Being".

Paraphrasing (6), "human life begins at conception; that is what entitles the early forms of human to the right to life" --Does this mean that because "Alien Beings" would probably be non-human, they must be denied the right to life? I'm curious to see EXACTLY how you would define "that which is deserving of the right to life" such as to include Human Beings and nonhuman Alien Beings, BUT EXCLUDE ORDINARY ANIMAL NON-BEINGS -- and then manage to somehow include the mindless zygote, embryo, or young fetus (even YOU have said that the important more-than-animal factor is the human mind). Really! I want to see your definition!

Regarding (8) and (9), it might be interesting to see what steen has to tell you about "parthenogenesis".

Regarding (12), I can't resist commenting that Bush CAN AND WILL be blamed for spending 200 billion dollars to rebuild New Orleans, when he knows full well (after years of ignoring --worse! EDITING-- evidence) that Global Warming is getting ready to melt the icecaps and raise ocean levels anywhere from 18 to 200 feet. Wasted money, unless spent (A) moving N.O. to high ground and (B) considering it practice for all the OTHER cities that will have to be moved to high ground later. (And if anyone agrees with this logic, pass it on!!!)

Regarding (14), you are PARTLY mistaken. The zygote and embryo do not have a beating human heart, and so early-enough abortion (say by Morning After pill) cannot possibly still it. I'm not sure when the fetus begins to grow a heart. Perhaps steen will let you know.

Finally, regarding (13), you are again only partly correct. YES, dealing with the consequences of acts that cause pregnancy is indeed initially entirely a woman's responsiblity. You neglect to consider she may choose to share some of that responsibility with the man who was also involved in the initial acts. But MOSTLY you ignore the fact that "being responsible" includes a wider range of options than you think. Remember, it is because of the unproved claim-that-human-life-is-special that you think it must be preserved, and therefore certain responsibilities automatically apply. And yet you have indicated that it is the human mind that makes human life special --which you also know does not exist in early pregnancy. THE RESPONSIBILITY TO WHICH I REFER IS THAT OF MAKING THE CHOICE, either to carry the pregnancy to term or to abort. Any claime that that is not a valid responsibilty is a false claim.

As a variant on the preceding, consider the research being devoted to Artificial Intelligence (or "AI"). If it succeeds, then a human-level mind will come into existence as a result of technological hardware/software progress (if nothing else, by COPYING the physical traits and functionality of the human brain). Note that there is a distinct equivalence between the development of such a technology, compared to the development of a human being from a fetus. That is, manufacturing pieces of an AI is essential for the AI to exist, just as the reproduction of cells in a fetus is essential for an independent human being to exist. NOTE: Future manufacturing will be more and more automated. This leads us to an absurdity. If you require every fetus to be allowed to automatically grow a mind, just because it can, then logically you should also require Artifical Intelligences to be automatically manufactured just as soon as technically possible -- just because they can! The two notions really are that equivalent. SO, to declare the mandatory automated production of AIs to be absurd is also to declare a stand against abortion to likewise be absurd. More specifically: Minds cannot be required to come into existence just because some of their fundamental hardware happens to exist.

the child is in the womans body. the woman deserves the right to judge what is done to her body.

i fully support the supreme court on this one.

clone said:
the child is in the womans body. the woman deserves the right to judge what is done to her body.

i fully support the supreme court on this one.

Hay, look at that steen...a pro choicer using dishonest PL revisionist linguistic hyperbole.
(just bustin your chops buddy :2razz: )

hmm...
your right though.
that clone must really be a dumbass!

is it supposed to?

clone said:
hmm...
your right though.
that clone must really be a dumbass!
Yeah :lol: That child/baby stuff....

[Quote = STEEN]
Originally Posted by Fantasea
As I have written previously, biologically, at any stage, the product of conception in the womb of its mother is a living, growing, developing human being.
And as I have writen, you are lying. In BIOLOGY, there is no "being" until individual independence. So all you are doing now is spewing the lies of your deceptive, revisionist linguistic hyperbole. Please cease these incessant lies and live up to your promise of actually dealing with the biology in question.
Learned embryologists, fetologists, and obstetricians, as well as many other doctors disagree with you.

On the other hand, I have never seen a factual statement to the contrary made by any similarly credentialed individual. Why is that?

[quote = steen]
Originally posted by Fantasea
Concocting an artificial test the unborn child must pass before being awarded the diploma of “Life Worthy of Living” simply ignores the biological factors involved.
There are no biological factors incvolved in what you are writing. They are revisionist linguistic hyperbole. You are again lying.
To say that human life does not exist until a period of months after conception is simply a denial of that has been transpiring in the womb since conception. Biologically speaking, something which has been inhuman for months does not suddenly become human because that’s what the pro-death crowd need for their alibi.
In order to make the abortion solution work,
It is already working. The woman faces an unwanted pregnancy, she gets an abortion, and the problem is solved.
That is true. If a child shows up in the womb at an inopportune time, the pro-death solution to the problem is to simply eliminate the child.
the unborn child
There still is no such thing, your deceptive prolife revisionist linguistic hyperbolic lies none withstanding.
Try telling that to a couple who are joyously expecting their first child.
must be reduced to the status of non-human.
Your claim is a flat-out lie. The status of the embryo or fetus is completely irrelevant.
NARAL and its cohorts learned very early in the game that the occupant of a womb had to be referred to in cold, clinical terms only. The thought of sucking a living, growing, developing child out of the womb was simply too gruesome. Hence, the substitution of euphemisms.
This is the only way that the pro-choice crowd can hope for acceptance of its message of death.
There is no message of death. There is a message of freedom for women from the prolife, oppressive, misgynistic, theocratic thumb of enslavement.
If not to kill kids in the womb, what is the message of those who support and condone abortion?
And in case you didn't notice, the message is already established per the legalization of abortion, fundie misogynist theocrats like you none withstanding.
As I reminded you earlier, slavery was once legalized, too.

[Quote = steen]
The Supreme Court simply invented an excuse to justify abortion.
I am aware that you can't make your argument without lying, but could you please be less obvious about it? The US Supreme Court issued a ruling about the constitutionality of a law. They established what the law is.
It is not for the Judicial branch of government to establish law. That is the responsibility of the Legislative branch of government. The Supreme Court usurped that power and the cowardly Congress simply remained silent.
Twist words all you wish.
Huh? It was YOUR source that was outright wrong. There was no "twisting" on my part, your lies none withstanding. It was YOUR source that claimed that "human" was a race rather than a species. That you are using such pisspoor sources is not my fault. Next time, try NOT to blame your and your sources shortcomings on me. It is rather cowardly of you.
So all those folks who think they are members of the human race, by your understanding, are simply nuts; is that what you’re saying?
The fact remains that every abortion stills a beating human heart.
It removes the embryo or fetus from its un-allowed use of the woman's body. So what?
And, in the process, it stills a beating human heart; that’s what.
First, Roe v Wade is not a law; it is an opinion.
Nice display of how you failed civics.
I passed with flying colors. The role of the Legislative Branch of government is to enact laws. It is the role of the Judicial Branch of government to interpret laws and make their findings known through written opinions. Roe v. Wade is an opinion written by Associate Justice Harry Blackmun, who before his death said he had regrets over having done so.
Regardless of what it may opine, Roe v Wade cannot change the fact that the product of conception in the mother's womb is a living, growing, developing human being.
It doesn't need to, as your lie is not a fact.
That is true. The Justices of the Supreme Court doesn’t need to resort to facts. While it may be the ultimate authority, it is not an infallible authority. As you may know, subsequent supreme courts have overruled decisions of earlier supreme courts some two hundred times.

Have you gotten around to reading Section IX, b, paragraph 2 of the Roe v. Wade opinion?

steen said:
So long as there is a product of conception residing in the womb of its mother there are two human lives; both of which are equally important.
No, they are not. The woman is a person with the right to control her own body. Your attempt at presenting wishful thinking ad beliefs as factual is as deceptive as all the other times you have tried to do this.
Surely you are aware that, when an expectant mother is hospitalized for any condition, charts are maintained for two patients. One chart by an obstetrician who is concerned with the child in her womb, the other chart by the physician or surgeon who is treating the mother.

It seems that the medical community disagrees with you about the importance of both lives.

Fantasea said:
Learned embryologists, fetologists, and obstetricians, as well as many other doctors disagree with you.
Nope. Your claim is false. Other than political, prolife ones, your claim is a lie.

Busta said:
Nah, it's a Star Trek D.S.9 thing. Never minde.

no im not a trekkie...sry...used to be though...when i was 13...

Fantasea said:
To say that human life does not exist until a period of months after conception is simply a denial of that has been transpiring in the womb since conception.
But then that isn't what I or other prochoice people are saying either. Hey, at least stop your silly, deceptive misrepresentation of our posts. Or is it that you can't read what we write, is it that you have some form of dyslexia?
Biologically speaking, something which has been inhuman for months does not suddenly become human
But then nothing has been "inhuman" to begin with, your deceptions and lies none withstanding. It is not MY fault that YOU have to lie about what I am saying.
because that’s what the pro-death crowd
Ah, more silly, ad-hominem stupidity from prolifers.
need for their alibi.That is true.
I already pointed out that this wasn't true, that the status of the embryo or fetus is irrelevant to us. So now you are outright LYING

Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR

Are you done LYING yet?
If a child shows up in the womb at an inopportune time, the pro-death solution to the problem is to simply eliminate the child.
Nope. If a child shows up in the womb, then it instantly suffocates.
Try telling that to a couple who are joyously expecting their first child.
The ones who have the choice to carry to terms, and who do not see pregnancy as inopportune! Yeah, more deceptive, dishonest prolife claptrap from Fantasea, by now a proven liar.

NARAL and its cohorts learned very early in the game that the occupant of a womb had to be referred to in cold, clinical terms only.
Oh, you mean factual, non-hyperbolic non-prolife-revisionist-linguistic ways? You mean without deception or lies about developmental stages? Yes, damn NARAL for using accurate and precise scientific terminology instead of the deliberately deceptive misrepresentation that lying prolife cowards spew because they are afraid of the facts.

You, that accurate vocabulary. Now, what was wrong with correct terminology again? Oh, it is no good for deceiving people into the prolife emotional lies and platitudes? Ah, yes. I can understand your distress. DAMN NARAL for calling your lies and deceptions.
The thought of sucking a living, growing, developing child out of the womb was simply too gruesome.
What you call it is utterly irrelevant to the process or the right of the woman. yet, you have decided that your argument only can be made by outright lying. How lame and cowardly of you.
Hence, the substitution of euphemisms.
The substitution of prolife euphemisms for facts, yes.

yeah, I understand that prolifers don't like facts because these never support the prolife agenda of theocratic enslavement of women. Well, golly gee, that's just to darn bad.
If not to kill kids in the womb, what is the message of those who support and condone abortion?
The freedom of women to control their bodily resources like you also have the right to. A right you want to block for her but hypocritically preserve for yourself.
As I reminded you earlier, slavery was once legalized, too.
So that's why you feel it is OK to now enslave women? Yes, the prolife arguments sure are stupid.

steen said:
But then that isn't what I or other prochoice people are saying either. Hey, at least stop your silly, deceptive misrepresentation of our posts. Or is it that you can't read what we write, is it that you have some form of dyslexia?
But then nothing has been "inhuman" to begin with, your deceptions and lies none withstanding. It is not MY fault that YOU have to lie about what I am saying.
Ah, more silly, ad-hominem stupidity from prolifers.
I already pointed out that this wasn't true, that the status of the embryo or fetus is irrelevant to us. So now you are outright LYING

Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR
Fantasea is a LIAR

Are you done LYING yet?
Nope. If a child shows up in the womb, then it instantly suffocates.
The ones who have the choice to carry to terms, and who do not see pregnancy as inopportune! Yeah, more deceptive, dishonest prolife claptrap from Fantasea, by now a proven liar.

Oh, you mean factual, non-hyperbolic non-prolife-revisionist-linguistic ways? You mean without deception or lies about developmental stages? Yes, damn NARAL for using accurate and precise scientific terminology instead of the deliberately deceptive misrepresentation that lying prolife cowards spew because they are afraid of the facts.

You, that accurate vocabulary. Now, what was wrong with correct terminology again? Oh, it is no good for deceiving people into the prolife emotional lies and platitudes? Ah, yes. I can understand your distress. DAMN NARAL for calling your lies and deceptions.
What you call it is utterly irrelevant to the process or the right of the woman. yet, you have decided that your argument only can be made by outright lying. How lame and cowardly of you.
The substitution of prolife euphemisms for facts, yes.

yeah, I understand that prolifers don't like facts because these never support the prolife agenda of theocratic enslavement of women. Well, golly gee, that's just to darn bad.
The freedom of women to control their bodily resources like you also have the right to. A right you want to block for her but hypocritically preserve for yourself.
So that's why you feel it is OK to now enslave women? Yes, the prolife arguments sure are stupid.
Here's an interesting story. Be sure to read it all.

Excerpt:

I am personally responsible for 75,000 abortions. This legitimises my credentials
to speak to you with some authority on the issue. I was one of the founders of the
National Association for the Repeal of the Abortion Laws (NARAL) in the U.S. in 1968.
A truthful poll of opinion then would have found that most Americans were against
permissive abortion. Yet within five years we had convinced the U.S. Supreme Court
to issue the decision which legalised abortion throughout America in 1973 and produced
virtual abortion on demand up to birth. How did we do this? It is important to understand
the tactics involved because these tactics have been used throughout the western world
with one permutation or another, in order to change abortion law.

That was just the first paragraph. You can read the rest here:

http://www.aboutabortions.com/Confess.html

Fantasea said:
It is not for the Judicial branch of government to establish law. That is the responsibility of the Legislative branch of government.
Exactly. The law was already made, the US Constitution, passed by the Legislature. And the US Supreme Court's job, like it is in all its rulings, is to clarify the application of the law to specific situations.
The Supreme Court usurped that power and the cowardly Congress simply remained silent.
Either you are lying, or your ignorance rivals M's.
So all those folks who think they are members of the human race, by your understanding, are simply nuts; is that what you’re saying?
I am saying that they are ignorant. They are members of the human species. "Races" are things like "asians." So no, there is no human "race," that would be the wrong level of taxonomy. And yes, it shows how incredibly ignorant your source is. To bad for you that you have to do rake over this that it is now cemented in everybody's mind that your source was faulty.
And, in the process, it stills a beating human heart;
So? A non-sentient, non-sensate fetal heart is just muscle tissue undergoing automatic contractions.
that’s what.I passed with flying colors.
You passed the entry into the ranks of ignoramuses, that is.
The role of the Legislative Branch of government is to enact laws.
Such as the US Constitution, yes.
It is the role of the Judicial Branch of government to interpret laws and make their findings known through written opinions.
As was done in Roe vs Wade.
Roe v. Wade is an opinion written by Associate Justice Harry Blackmun, who before his death said he had regrets over having done so.That is true.
Oh? Ah, I get it. Felicity claim it to be "true" = It is all made-up prolife deception and drivel. Yes, we have seen that silliness before. You are very eager to use the prolife revisionist linguistics applications, I have noted.
The Justices of the Supreme Court doesn’t need to resort to facts.
Not when they can use the outright lies the prolifers are happy to give then, right! :roll: I find it interesting that you now want the US Supreme Court to ignore facts and not use them.

But for a prolifer it makes sense, I guess. After all, since prolife claims are mostly outright lies, deceptions, hyperbole and revisionist linguistics spewed by dishonest ignoramuses, having the US Supreme Court Justices rely on facts would be quite detrimental to your political cause of theocratic oppression of women. So in YOUR view, it is better if they DON'T rely on facts, I guess.
While it may be the ultimate authority, it is not an infallible authority. As you may know, subsequent supreme courts have overruled decisions of earlier supreme courts some two hundred times.
ZDecisions? or just findings? I am very curios about that claim you are spewing. I am sure there is a prolife site with all that stuff listed. COuld you link to it? Or is this just another "because I say so" prolife postulation?
Have you gotten around to reading Section IX, b, paragraph 2 of the Roe v. Wade opinion?
Yes. The fetus is not a person. Yes, I have read it long time ago and many times since.

Back
Top Bottom