• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Experts Tell Americans Not To Listen To The Media

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Tell me it ain't so. During Trump's last year the left were fostering the negativity in the media regarding the virus and accepting all of the negative media coverage in order to take Trump down. Now we've got the left and the experts saying don't trust the media, don't listen to the media, their negative reporting is misinformation. Now if Trump blasts the media and calls their coverage of the virus a hoax he is attacked for it but with Biden president the "experts" tell Americans not to pay attention to the misinformation and negative reporting in the media. And don't give me any crap about this is just the New York Post. The article talks about the MSM and Dartmouth's study is about the media in general being over 90% negative in their coverage of the virus. And now the left attack the media for their coverage of the virus. What happened to the media report facts and that we should trust everything they say?

The article talks about the MSM and Dartmouth's study is about the media in general being over 90% negative in their coverage of the virus. And now the left attack the media for their coverage of the virus.
How should the media cover a virus that has killed more than half a million Americans?

How should the media cover a virus that has killed more than half a million Americans?
I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. When Trump attacks the media's negative virus coverage he is blasted for it. When the left or the experts attack the media coverage they are given a free pass and not attacked for it. Perhaps you can point out the left attacking the experts for saying the media coverage should not be listened to.

Tell me it ain't so. During Trump's last year the left were fostering the negativity in the media regarding the virus and accepting all of the negative media coverage in order to take Trump down. Now we've got the left and the experts saying don't trust the media, don't listen to the media, their negative reporting is misinformation. Now if Trump blasts the media and calls their coverage of the virus a hoax he is attacked for it but with Biden president the "experts" tell Americans not to pay attention to the misinformation and negative reporting in the media. And don't give me any crap about this is just the New York Post. The article talks about the MSM and Dartmouth's study is about the media in general being over 90% negative in their coverage of the virus. And now the left attack the media for their coverage of the virus. What happened to the media report facts and that we should trust everything they say?

Did you post the right link?

That's what you got from the article? Wow. you really want attention
I'm pointing out the hypocrisy. When Trump attacks the media's negative virus coverage he is blasted for it. When the left or the experts attack the media coverage they are given a free pass and not attacked for it. Perhaps you can point out the left attacking the experts for saying the media coverage should not be listened to.

Continue to lie like Fauci. It's political

. Now we've got the left and the experts saying don't trust the media, don't listen to the media, their negative reporting is misinformation.

Per the article:

“The mainstream media want to scare people,” Dr. Paul Offit of the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, a pioneer of vaccine science, told Yahoo News. That criticism appears to be bolstered by a recent paper by Dartmouth economist Bruce Sacerdote and his colleagues, which found that 91 percent of media reporting in the U.S. is “negative in tone,” even when news about the pandemic is actually encouraging.

How exactly does Dr Paul Offit, Bruce Sacerdote, his colleagues, and a couple others mentioned represent "the left and the experts"?

I'm waiting for you to post a link showing the left's outrage over the experts saying that the media should not be trusted.

I agree with your article, the New York Post is trash and shouldn't be trusted...

Meanwhile, two of the New York Post’s most-read stories as of Monday morning were about a 31-year-old woman in New York City who tested positive for the coronavirus three weeks after receiving the vaccine and a 52-year-old man who ended up in the hospital with COVID-19, despite having also been vaccinated.

Perhaps because we expected a better LEADER than this:

President Donald Trump: “And, you know, now, with them, you can’t watch anything else. You turn it on. COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID, COVID. Well, we have a spike in cases. You ever notice they don’t use the word 'death'? They use the word 'cases.' Cases. Like, Barron Trump is a case. He has sniffles. He was sniffling. One Kleenex, that’s all he needed.”

He was mad at the media because he was constantly making foolish remarks about Covid and of course they blasted him a lot for it.

Biden probably would be blasted like that too because he is know to make the same kind of foolish remarks - but at least he has the sense not to do it almost daily.

White after Labor Day, clown posts before noon, samey, samey......

Ten thousand dead, fifty thousand dead, a hundred thousand dead, two hundred thousand, three hundred thousand, four hundred thousand, five hundred thousand and counting. I can't imagine why the media had nothing good to say about the virus.

I agree with your article, the New York Post is trash and shouldn't be trusted...

Meanwhile, two of the New York Post’s most-read stories as of Monday morning were about a 31-year-old woman in New York City who tested positive for the coronavirus three weeks after receiving the vaccine and a 52-year-old man who ended up in the hospital with COVID-19, despite having also been vaccinated.

The most important thing to note out of this is the vaccines do not provide 100% protection against the virus. If people think it does, they clearly haven't been following much of the readily available information.

Back
Top Bottom