• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Experts scrambling to avoid humiliation for their pandemic response

How long is it going to take for you to reveal your basis for "the way the data came out." As far as any of the rest of us can tell, you just flipped a coin and your "data" is whether it landed heads or tails.

If you're afraid to show your work, just own up to it, or drop it.

I already give the sources for all of my data, and the source of the classifications that I use.

That you don't like the reality they show, is your problem, not mine.

Your repeated insistence that I am "hiding something" (coupled with repeated allegations that I have not provided either source or rational) is verging on the preposterous and/or "baiting".

I spotted this as it started. I commented on this very forum that where Democrats ran things, the virus was spreading rapidly.
Even now my original claim is on this forum. It was not to blame Democrats, it was to alert the public where they should avoid showing up.

California had just imported the virus with a cruise ship that was forced to dock at Oakland, CA Guess what Governor runs CA and forced the ship to dock there?

Cuomo of New York also harmed patients at nursing homes, now an investigation is underway over his acts.

That sums up my comments for now. I invite you to watch a video that explains much that you need to know.

What are your thoughts about the Trump response to the CORONA virus. Has he ever scrambled to avoid humiliation for it?

What are your thoughts about the Trump response to the CORONA virus. Has he ever scrambled to avoid humiliation for it?

These points I make about Trump
1. Was lied to by China.
2. When he found it came from China, his immediate act was to stop those from China getting into America
3. Fauci et al persuaded Trump it was not actually a serious virus.
When Trump realized early on it may be very dangerous, he appointed a rapid action team of top experts who worked to chop regulations from FDA so a fast virus vaccine could be made. https://www.wsj.com/articles/operation-warp-speeds-triumph-11614728552
The Media kept lying about Trump so Trump tweeted.
Biden tried to take credit for the Vaccines then backed down.

1. Was lied to by China.
2. When he found it came from China, his immediate act was to stop those from China getting into America
When Trump realized early on it may be very dangerous, he appointed a rapid action team of top experts who worked to chop regulations from FDA so a fast virus vaccine could be made. https://www.wsj.com/articles/operation-warp-speeds-triumph-11614728552

Wow
Once again an example of the separate reality of the right

1. Was lied to by China.

Well, then, let’s see what Trump was saying about the virus one year ago in early March:

“March 4: 217 confirmed cases in U.S.

It's "very safe to fly" in "large portions of the world"

"Yeah, I think where these people are flying, it's safe to fly. And large portions of the world are very safe to fly. So we don't want to say anything other than that. And we have closed down certain sections of the world, frankly, and they've sort of automatically closed them also. They'll understand that and they understand it better, perhaps, than anybody. Yes, it's safe." — White House meeting with airline executives.
March 6: 402 confirmed cases in U.S.

"Anybody that wants a test can get a test"

"Anybody that wants a test can get a test. ... The tests are all perfect, like the letter was perfect, the transcription was perfect, right?" — CDC headquarters in Atlanta.
March 9: 959 confirmed cases in U.S.

Compares number of deaths caused by coronavirus and flu

"So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!" the president tweeted.”

So was it safe to fly?
Could anybody who wanted a test get a test?
Was it appropriate to compare the annual number of deaths from flu to the potential of the CORONA virus?
Waddya think?

I already give the sources for all of my data, and the source of the classifications that I use.

That you don't like the reality they show, is your problem, not mine.

Your repeated insistence that I am "hiding something" (coupled with repeated allegations that I have not provided either source or rational) is verging on the preposterous and/or "baiting".

No you didn't. If you are interpreting my comment as insistence that you are hiding something, it's only because after I requested it (along with other things) multiple times, you still refuse to provide it, and now you're pretending that you did.

No you didn't. If you are interpreting my comment as insistence that you are hiding something, it's only because after I requested it (along with other things) multiple times, you still refuse to provide it, and now you're pretending that you did.

If you would check Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19 you would see that your claim is false.

You might also note that I have (several times) previously provided that link.

21-03-04 D1b - Red vs Blue - Cases TABLE.JPG
21-03-04 D1c - Red vs Blue - Deaths TABLE.JPG
21-03-04 E2 - Red vs Blue - Mortality TABLE.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​
You have, as yet, not provided anything that looks any more like a fact based rationale for any change than "Because I don't like what you have done.".

I'm terribly sorry that you don't like the way that people who make a living out of doing it have divided up the states, but, as before, take your whines to them and show them how they are incompetent and pushing an agenda when they are doing, now, the same thing (in the same way) that they were doing before the 2020 election (and before the 2016 election [and before the 2012 election {and before the 2008 election <and before the 2004 election - and before ... ->}]). I'm sure that they will be pleased to know that they anticipated Mr. Trump's election (and consequent election loss) by more than 15 years and deliberately set out to arrange the data so as to "push their agenda" (which, as evrewunknoz is to make Mr. Trump [and "The Republicans" {whatever that means}] look bad).

If you would check Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19 you would see that your claim is false.

You might also note that I have (several times) previously provided that link.

You have, as yet, not provided anything that looks any more like a fact based rationale for any change than "Because I don't like what you have done.".

I'm terribly sorry that you don't like the way that people who make a living out of doing it have divided up the states, but, as before, take your whines to them and show them how they are incompetent and pushing an agenda when they are doing, now, the same thing (in the same way) that they were doing before the 2020 election (and before the 2016 election [and before the 2012 election {and before the 2008 election <and before the 2004 election - and before ... ->}]). I'm sure that they will be pleased to know that they anticipated Mr. Trump's election (and consequent election loss) by more than 15 years and deliberately set out to arrange the data so as to "push their agenda" (which, as evrewunknoz is to make Mr. Trump [and "The Republicans" {whatever that means}] look bad).

So we need to go searching through your massive dogpile of a thread for your supposed evidence? No thanks. Wow, you really are full of yourself, aren't you?

This is exactly what I have been saying all along. This virus is running its course regardless of what we have tried to slow it.
Then why did Asian nations like, for example, South Korea have such success in keeping rates of infection and death down?

Then why did Asian nations like, for example, South Korea have such success in keeping rates of infection and death down?
I could not tell you
maybe asians have a higher natural resistance to it than other races

I could not tell you
maybe asians have a higher natural resistance to it than other races
No. It's because they learned from experience of previous pandemics and acted accordingly. 'Libertarians' and their absurd notion that somehow their 'freedom' is being compromised and 'rights' being abused by having to wear a mask is the problem in the US.

If you actually fix your misidentification of at least 3-4 states as red, it suddenly gets very close or flips the other way.

There's certainly no rational basis to call MI, PA, WI, or "Red" anymore, and AZ, GA, and NC are borderline.
There's zero reason to call Pennsylvania red. It's had blue Congressional representatives since 2000, had a blue governor since 2014, and while it has flip flopped red or blue presidential votes, the latest election went blue. It clearly, very clearly, leans towards blue representation. That's why the OP paints it red, and offers no argument other than it's 2016 presidential candidate as proof of redness. Pretty weak.

There's zero reason to call Pennsylvania red. It's had blue Congressional representatives since 2000, had a blue governor since 2014, and while it has flip flopped red or blue presidential votes, the latest election went blue. It clearly, very clearly, leans towards blue representation. That's why the OP paints it red, and offers no argument other than it's 2016 presidential candidate as proof of redness. Pretty weak.

Taking MORE than just "Presidential Electoral College headcount" or "Senate headcount" or "House of Representatives headcount" in to account and looking at "Left Of American Neutral", "Mostly On American Neutral", and "Right Of American Neutral", ("American Neutral" being defined as 50% "Democrat [whatever that means] and 50% "Republican" [whatever that means]) produces

21-03-09 D1a - Red vs Blue - States by Color Sort TABLE.JPG
21-03-09 D1b - Red vs Blue - Cases TABLE.JPG
21-03-09 D1c - Red vs Blue - Deaths TABLE.JPG
(More charts and graphs at Daily Statistical Summary of COVID-19)​

Taking MORE than just "Presidential Electoral College headcount" or "Senate headcount" or "House of Representatives headcount" in to account and looking at "Left Of American Neutral", "Mostly On American Neutral", and "Right Of American Neutral", ("American Neutral" being defined as 50% "Democrat [whatever that means] and 50% "Republican" [whatever that means]) produces

Yes, changing from two categories to three different categories does indeed change the chart. It does not, however, fix the bias in the original data set.

So we need to go searching through your massive dogpile of a thread for your supposed evidence? No thanks. Wow, you really are full of yourself, aren't you?

All you have to do is to go to the latest day's additions because everything that is included in the prior posts is included in the daily updates..

But, I can see that that concept is too complicated for some people.

PENNSYLVANIA.JPG

All you have to do is to go to the latest day's additions because everything that is included in the prior posts is included in the daily updates..

But, I can see that that concept is too complicated for some people.

All you have to do is post the link in the thread in which you made the claim, instead of assuming that everybody gives a crap about your other thread. But keep dodging if it makes you feel special.

All you have to do is post the link in the thread in which you made the claim, instead of assuming that everybody gives a crap about your other thread. But keep dodging if it makes you feel special.

You will find the link to that thread in my signature block and frequently posted under the graphics.

I guess that "Situational Awareness" wasn't one of the optional courses that you took in High School.

You will find the link to that thread in my signature block and frequently posted under the graphics.

I guess that "Situational Awareness" wasn't one of the optional courses that you took in High School.

I guess humility, context, and how and where to provide citations weren't discussed in any that you took.

1. Was lied to by China.
By the time Trump stopped travel from China the virus had already arrived from Europe and spread along the east coast.

I spotted this as it started. I commented on this very forum that where Democrats ran things, the virus was spreading rapidly.
Even now my original claim is on this forum. It was not to blame Democrats, it was to alert the public where they should avoid showing up.

California had just imported the virus with a cruise ship that was forced to dock at Oakland, CA Guess what Governor runs CA and forced the ship to dock there?

Cuomo of New York also harmed patients at nursing homes, now an investigation is underway over his acts.

That sums up my comments for now. I invite you to watch a video that explains much that you need to know.

Do democrats run China? Do they run Italy? Both were hit hard by covid, and by your logic, these countries must be run by Democrats, right Robert? You often come up with some pretty inept and ignorant statements. But this one, is one of your most absurd.

By the time Trump stopped travel from China the virus had already arrived from Europe and spread along the east coast.

Now read from the CDC

CDC, Washington State Report First COVID-19 Death

Do democrats run China? Do they run Italy? Both were hit hard by covid, and by your logic, these countries must be run by Democrats, right Robert? You often come up with some pretty inept and ignorant statements. But this one, is one of your most absurd.
Where can you locate Democrats in China or Italy.

My remarks on this virus are confined to America and the stinking attempt by Democrats to blame Trump as opposed to them talking about the CDC reports.

Washington State and California definitely are run by Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom