• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Expanding Earth Theory preferred to Tectonic Plates

Monica33

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just a basic introduction which I have taken off the net though I was introduced to the background ideas by the amazing Clif High. A remarkable polymath always erudite and interesting .
Whilst this reads ( following ) as though it is my introduction , it is not .
One or two of you may choose to DYOR and investigate further as the evidence is knocking back Tectonic Plate ideas despite Wikipedia' dogmatic assertions otherwise. A consistent Fake News source .

However , the person who first published the idea in 1975 was Tasmanian geologist Samuel Carey, who was well-respected.

Lately, with the many reports of ocean water vanishing from the coasts of southern Brazil, Tampa, Bahamas and now the eastern coast of India, to a degree unprecedented in the lifetimes of the locals, curiosity was piqued as to what may be causing this.

I caught a tweet from Clif High, in which he noted that the water reduction episodes have been occurring between the Tropics and the Equator and that the “sea floor falling” would be expected in an expansion event. Then I recalled that he’s a proponent of Expando-Earth so I decided to give it another look.

I discovered that mainstream geologists do agree that rocks as old as 4 billion years are found on land yet nothing older than 200 million years is ever found when taking core samples of the bedrock beneath the sea, which is handily explained by the Expanding Earth – and less elegantly explained away by subduction.

Celebrated book artist, Neal Adams is the man who made Expando-Earth viral on YouTube in 2007, when he posted parts of his documentary on the subject,. Adams believes the Earth’s expansion occurs through a process of pair production, which is the creation of an elementary particle and its antiparticle from a neutral boson.

As Adams says, “Why does the scientific community desperately cling to and promote the idea that the ocean bottom is sliding under the continents and into a magma which is twice as dense as solid granite, a totally unsupportable and scientifically unsound idea [subduction]? Because they’d have to observe and admit that the Earth is growing and that…is a very big deal. That would change everything in science, from the smallest particle to the whole universe – 100 years of scientific theory, out the window. That’s a lot to give u

Just a basic introduction which I have taken off the net though I was introduced to the background ideas by the amazing Clif High. A remarkable polymath always erudite and interesting .
One or two of you may choose to DYOR and investigate further as the evidence is knocking back Tectonic Plate ideas despite Wikipedia' dogmatic assertions otherwise. A consistent Fake News source .

However , the person who first published the idea in 1975 was Tasmanian geologist Samuel Carey, who was well-respected.

Lately, with the many reports of ocean water vanishing from the coasts of southern Brazil, Tampa, Bahamas and now the eastern coast of India, to a degree unprecedented in the lifetimes of the locals, curiosity was piqued as to what may be causing this.

I caught a tweet from Clif High, in which he noted that the water reduction episodes have been occurring between the Tropics and the Equator and that the “sea floor falling” would be expected in an expansion event. Then I recalled that he’s a proponent of Expando-Earth so I decided to give it another look.

I discovered that mainstream geologists do agree that rocks as old as 4 billion years are found on land yet nothing older than 200 million years is ever found when taking core samples of the bedrock beneath the sea, which is handily explained by the Expanding Earth – and less elegantly explained away by subduction.

Celebrated book artist, Neal Adams is the man who made Expando-Earth viral on YouTube in 2007, when he posted parts of his documentary on the subject,. Adams believes the Earth’s expansion occurs through a process of pair production, which is the creation of an elementary particle and its antiparticle from a neutral boson.

As Adams says, Why does the scientific community desperately cling to and promote the idea that the ocean bottom is sliding under the continents and into a magma which is twice as dense as solid granite, a totally unsupportable and scientifically unsound idea [subduction]? Because they’d have to observe and admit that the Earth is growing and that…is a very big deal. That would change everything in science, from the smallest particle to the whole universe – 100 years of scientific theory, out the window. That’s a lot to give u
So where are the books published on this? Titles? What is there besides a video?

Can you explain why the 'scientific community' would resist this?

Can you even source that magma is twice as dense as granite? Um, have you examined that sentence at all? One flows, one is this: 1645313005442.png.... :rolleyes:

link

We fully understand how Galileo felt or Nicola Tesla coming closer to today .

You take it easy guys .

When you are low on braincells look after each one carefully . Stretching them can be painful . But then you know that already . rofl .

The problem the Mods are going to have is that this is too weird for even the CT. What the hell are they to do with it?

The problem the Mods are going to have is that this is too weird for even the CT. What the hell are they to do with it?
Cracked125_3910.jpg

As Adams says, “Why does the scientific community desperately cling to and promote the idea that the ocean bottom is sliding under the continents and into a magma which is twice as dense as solid granite, a totally unsupportable and scientifically unsound idea [subduction]? Because they’d have to observe and admit that the Earth is growing and that…is a very big deal. That would change everything in science, from the smallest particle to the whole universe – 100 years of scientific theory, out the window. That’s a lot to give u
Magma is twice as dense as granite? Am I missing something because magma is liquid. Why could rock not go into magma and melt?

Oh, and Expanding Earth sounds a little wacko. "some sort of aether is absorbed within Earth and transformed into new chemical elements, forcing the celestial bodies to expand. "??

We fully understand how Galileo felt or Nicola Tesla coming closer to today .

You take it easy guys .

When you are low on braincells look after each one carefully . Stretching them can be painful . But then you know that already . rofl .
No need to worry.... some sort of aether will be absorbed within my Brain and transformed into new chemical elements, forcing my brain to expand.

Earth Expansion Theory in Detail​

A theoretical discussion of the evidence of local effects of the expansion of the universe​

Abstract​

A link is drawn between two separate phenomena, plate tectonics, and the expansion of the universe. This link is not an alternative explanation to continental drift but is an attempt to explain why this phenomenon should occur and why all continents were once part of a single continent. This paper will endeavor to explain that the single continent was, in fact, the entire surface of the earth, earlier in history. The universe expanded, and (after conglomerating and forming) so did the earth, but some parts of different temperature, structure, and density expanded at different rates, hence creating the continents.
Additional empirical evidence is presented which supports
the local affects of expansion of the universe. The intent of this evidence is not principally to build support for the original hypothesis, but to stimulate interest for further scientific investigation in this area as it may apply to geophysics, astrophysics, and other scientific disciplines.

Background​

A) Geology
The present surface of the Earth consists of seven continents, five of which are separated by the major oceans. Geological research indicates that the continents were once attached together, due to common geological evidence like rocks, faults etc. Also there is a natural “fit” like a puzzle for most of the continents where the geologic evidence fits. For example, South America fits nicely into the ivory coast of Africa.
There have also been discoveries of large oceanic ridges formed by new molten material rising up from inside the earth. This new material is seen as the reason for pushing the continents apart.
The area of the earth is 510,066,000 sq km, of which 29.1% or 148,429,000 sq km is land. The volume of the total earth is 1,083,230,000,000 cubic km. The area of the continental shelves is 28,400,000 sq km. Total continental area is therefore about 176,829,000 sq km. The rate of sea floor spreading at the mid oceanic ridges varies from 1 to 9 cm per year.
B) Cosmology
The Universe has been shown to be expanding in all directions with everything expanding away from everything else. The prominent evidence for this arises from the red shifted light from distant galaxies which, if assumed to be from the doppler effect, indicates these galaxies to be receding in all directions. The rate at which galaxies recede is directly proportional to the distance the galaxy is away from the earth. Hubbles’ constant is the relation for this. For example, the Virgo cluster at 39 million light years from earth is receding from us at a velocity of 750 miles / sec. (See Appendix A for a complete table of galaxy recessional velocities).

https://sites.google.com/site/earthisexpanding/earth-expansion-theory-in-detail#h.p_9DuU3k6jqwsx

Existing Theory of Plate Tectonics​

The theory of continental drift was first proposed by Alfred Wegener in 1912. It is thought that all the continents were once joined together in one super-continent, named Pangaea. The rest of the earth was covered with one huge ocean. Due to the inadequately explained geologic forces causing upwelling of molten material, Pangaea split apart into the major continents we have today. The upwelling material was thought to be a result of convection forces within the earth. This material reached the surface at oceanic ridges and returned to the earth at subducting oceanic trenches.
Up until recently this theory was thought to be very controversial and was largely rejected because of an inadequate explanation for the forces required to move the continents. But the overwhelming evidence indicates the continents are moving and were at one time joined together in some fashion.

https://sites.google.com/site/earthisexpanding/earth-expansion-theory-in-detail#h.p_fKwRNYN7CgkS

Proposed Theory​

If everything in the universe is expanding, then the intermolecular spaces between particles should be expanding also, although perhaps at a different rate due to the effects of nuclear, electrostatic or gravitational forces. This expansion rate may be difficult to detect at the intermolecular level, but for an object the size of the earth, the expansion should be apparent as shown with a little further development of this idea. If the earth is expanding at the same rate as new material is upwelling, then this expansion becomes a new driving force behind continental drift, as well as other proven causes. Indeed, a force due to the expansion of space itself would definitely prove to be a formidable one.

https://sites.google.com/site/earthisexpanding/earth-expansion-theory-in-detail#h.p_Rph1uByFqws4

Last edited:
As above makes interesting reading .

Of course the vast majority of people loathe change and are reluctant to leave what they consider as world affirming narratives .
The Tectonic Plate theory was fine for decade or two but there are too many gaps when results are compared to predictions implied by the theory .
EE is the next development and in time might itself require revision / modification .
But that is how science progresses . Not by being lazy and sticking your head in the sand .

Oh..... dear lord.

Expanding? :ROFLMAO:

As above makes interesting reading .

Of course the vast majority of people loathe change and are reluctant to leave what they consider as world affirming narratives .
The Tectonic Plate theory was fine for decade or two but there are too many gaps when results are compared to predictions implied by the theory .
EE is the next development and in time might itself require revision / modification .
But that is how science progresses . Not by being lazy and sticking your head in the sand .

Monica, you've been lied to. Again. You seem strangely drawn to these lunatic theories propounded by people who do not have the slightest bit of training, experience, or standing in the scientific community about how the entire global community is wrong and really, it's the weird old man in a shack who shouts at birds that knows the *real* reason for something.

Why? Why do you need to believe this lunacy?

Last edited:
Magma is twice as dense as granite? Am I missing something because magma is liquid. Why could rock not go into magma and melt?

You should have used pictures to explain that, I did. What kind of a teacher wouldnt know that? :rolleyes:

Conspiracy theorist mindset really is fascinating. There's some kind of psychology that leaves someone open to accepting numerous ridiculous ideas on a wide range of subjects, even ideas that conflict with each other or ideas that are trivial to prove false. I've seen speculation that a big part of it is an underlying desire to feel special, to be part of the superior in-group that knows the real truth, unlike all those sheeple.

The giant holes in Expanding Earth nonsense:

-There's no plausible mechanism for it. Matter does not spontaneously generate at the core of the planet, so where could all this material even come from? What force inflates the Earth and why can nobody detect or measure it? Why is there no detectable change in gravity from the increasing mass?

-In addition to the mountain (hehe) of evidence supporting plate tectonics, tectonic plate movement actually is directly observable. No expansion of the earth is detectable.

-Like most conspiracy theories, requires a vast conspiracy of scientists all hiding the truth

-Expanding earth people always use a surface map to see how well the continents fit together on a hypothetical shrunken earth. Thing is, continental shelves don't actually look like they do on an atlas. There's a wide area off the coastlines that is underwater, when you use those shapes the idea falls apart massively. (also, it was never very good because expanding earth people really have to distort continents to make them fit together like a jigsaw puzzle)

Just want to highlight this bit:

Pair production does not result in the creation of mass or energy. It is a conversion of energy into matter and even then, only very briefly. (the resulting particles quickly annihilate and convert back into energy)

This celebrated artist doesn't know his physics. What he asserts is magic, that magic is creating new matter.

When I was a lass, they taught continental drift, but not plate tectonics. I found it fascinating when 20 years later in college I heard about it. It made total sense. Is this expanding earth theory in the same school of thought as flat earth theory? Sounds almost as if we're going backwards.

When I was a lass, they taught continental drift, but not plate tectonics. I found it fascinating when 20 years later in college I heard about it. It made total sense. Is this expanding earth theory in the same school of thought as flat earth theory? Sounds almost as if we're going backwards.
It very much is in that same school of thought. Some people just have a psychological quirk that makes them interpret "none of the experts in this field agree with this idea" as evidence that the idea is true and everyone is hiding the truth. Facts, reason, and evidence will never convince them they are wrong because their ideas were never based on reason or facts to begin with.

I've often remarked that the conspiracy theory isn't so much based on something that is false, but rather having a ridiculous interpretation of something that is true. The old adage about hearing hooves and thinking horses instead of zebras, the conspiracy theorist hears hooves and thinks unicorns. So, the reason your explanation of "unicorns aren't real" doesn't work is that they have the "proof" already, they hear the hooves, you sheeple! Are you saying the hooves aren't real!?

The internet inflates this problem. It helps these people find each other and reinforce the ideas. Gives them a safe haven, that special in-group that is in on the secret everyone else misses. The support and approval they get for their ideas contrasts with the ridicule from the out-group, hardening their beliefs. Very much mirrors cult behavior.

It very much is in that same school of thought. Some people just have a psychological quirk that makes them interpret "none of the experts in this field agree with this idea" as evidence that the idea is true and everyone is hiding the truth. Facts, reason, and evidence will never convince them they are wrong because their ideas were never based on reason or facts to begin with.

I've often remarked that the conspiracy theory isn't so much based on something that is false, but rather having a ridiculous interpretation of something that is true. The old adage about hearing hooves and thinking horses instead of zebras, the conspiracy theorist hears hooves and thinks unicorns. So, the reason your explanation of "unicorns aren't real" doesn't work is that they have the "proof" already, they hear the hooves, you sheeple! Are you saying the hooves aren't real!?

The internet inflates this problem. It helps these people find each other and reinforce the ideas. Gives them a safe haven, that special in-group that is in on the secret everyone else misses. The support and approval they get for their ideas contrasts with the ridicule from the out-group, hardening their beliefs. Very much mirrors cult behavior.

With an awful lot of CTers, AGW deniers, and the like, there also seems to be some deep seated need to feel special

A problem probably only on a par with you losing your teeth and /or specs and/or hearing aid .

But if you concentrate , you can invariably solve a problem if you put in some honest effort .

I think you will also enjoy the recent , Late Appearance of the Moon theory , the Hollow Moon theory , and the Moon used as a Space Centre by the US Space Programme and Aliens .

The latter more a fact than theory .

And don't forget Hollow Earth , though not even I can do much to promote the Flat Earth idea .

Off you go to stock up with medication and I will then let you in to a few more secrets, Mister Gullible .

A problem probably only on a par with you losing your teeth and /or specs and/or hearing aid .

But if you concentrate , you can invariably solve a problem if you put in some honest effort .

I think you will also enjoy the recent , Late Appearance of the Moon theory , the Hollow Moon theory , and the Moon used as a Space Centre by the US Space Programme and Aliens .

The latter more a fact than theory .

And don't forget Hollow Earth , though not even I can do much to promote the Flat Earth idea .

Off you go to stock up with medication and I will then let you in to a few more secrets, Mister Gullible .
Stop trolling and stop making personal attacks

No . Flat Earth theory is the most difficult to successfully promote as it is so obviously a joke .

However, some very clever people support it avidly --- or perhaps just pretend to .

And some 'proofs' are mathematically very ingenious .

Stop trolling and stop making personal attacks
All of those theories exist and there is very interesting support evidence for Hollow Earth and Recent Moon .

Also for, Hollow Inhabited Moon , but too rich for people with narrow brains .Here .

Just because you are not au fait with cutting edge thinking does not put those that are into a category which you use out of your own ignorance for the material .

No . Flat Earth theory is the most difficult to successfully promote as it is so obviously a joke .

However, some very clever people support it avidly --- or perhaps just pretend to .

And some 'proofs' are mathematically very ingenious .
One of my favorite videos is the flat earthers doing an actual field test of the Earth's curvature to prove their case only to have the results match exactly with the obvious reality. They just stare, trying to process.

Back
Top Bottom