• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

EXECUTE them all!

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Your average American forgets that Bush is a member of the Executive team, and Congress is the Legislative team. In simple terms, Bush submits his plan/ideas toward an issue, and then, the Legislative branch of government amends or tweaks the issue to their liking for a vote.

The legislature submits their plan to the president. Bush in turn gets to veto or 'execute' it at his discretion. The legislature also voted to give Bush the power to 'execute' the dictator of Iraq.

Three important issues that Bush submitted to Congress for legislation enactment are:

#1 Proposed work/release program for our legal and illegal immigrants. Though I see his initial plan as being woefully inept--it becomes the job of the Congressional legislature team to iron out and submit constructive ideas for the problem of immigration. Bush cannot execute a viable plan unless legislation is put on his table.

#2 Bush submitted a 6% private investment to the Social Security fund. Liberal Democrats stood up cheered their own reluctance to work on the issue.

#3 Bush submitted the Dubai deal to Congress, knowing all along that there would be opposition. Bush's foresight into this port deal is nothing short of remarkable. Bush has gotten the lazy Congress to question our port security. New laws concerning port security are being formed, with added attention given to the Chinese ownership of ports in California.

Give Bush the line item 'Execution' right! But give him something to execute, first.

ptsdkid said:
#3 Bush submitted the Dubai deal to Congress, knowing all along that there would be opposition. Bush's foresight into this port deal is nothing short of remarkable. Bush has gotten the lazy Congress to question our port security. New laws concerning port security are being formed, with added attention given to the Chinese ownership of ports in California.
I would like to refrain from name calling, but after looking at your signature, I am afraid that it must be said: you sir, are an idiot.

Scott McClellan said that the President found out about the ports deal after congress had moved to block. He "discovered the story" by watching television.

If it was part of a grand reverse psychology scheme, wouldn't he have known about it before congress?

Originally posted by pstdkid:
Oppose a Liberal:
LOVE OUR TROOPS
LOVE YOURSELF
LOVE GOD
LOVE AMERICA
Love God! You have no clue as to who HE is.

millsy said:
I would like to refrain from name calling, but after looking at your signature, I am afraid that it must be said: you sir, are an idiot.

Scott McClellan said that the President found out about the ports deal after congress had moved to block. He "discovered the story" by watching television.

If it was part of a grand reverse psychology scheme, wouldn't he have known about it before congress?

***He did know about it before Congress. Bush might have been surprised about the attempt to block by Congress, but the comparison here is between apples and oranges. Nothing more than a red herring.

Back
Top Bottom