• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Trump's 3,500 lawsuits unprecedented for a presidential nominee

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Our project found about 3,500 legal actions involving Trump, including 1,900 where he or his companies were a plaintiff and about 1,300 in which he was the defendant. Due to his branding value, Trump is determined to defend his name and reputation. Kelly Jordan, USA TODAY

The USA TODAY analysis included an examination of legal actions for and against Trump and the more than 500 businesses he lists on the personal financial disclosure he filed with the Federal Election Commission. USA TODAY also reviewed five depositions in which Trump sat for 22 hours of sworn testimony. This report is based on those legal filings as well as interviews with dozens of his legal adversaries.

A handful of the ongoing cases involve local or state government entities, with the possibility of personal legal disputes between the president of the United States and other branches of government if Trump is elected. For instance, the Trump team has filed a lawsuit seeking a state ethics investigation of the New York attorney general. The suit was filed in response to an ongoing fraud investigation into Trump University by the attorney general, an elected state official.

Look, I know he's got a lot of irons in the fire and is responsible for a lot of employees. There's a lot of people who don't like him, me included. Being a giant conglomerate he's an appealing target for litigant seekers, but Jesus Christ...3,500 lawsuits? Damn!

Very true.

We have a guy that's being sued by a large number of people in civil court running for President in one party, and a woman that the IG said broke long standing policy proving she lied when she said she didn't, and is under investigation by the FBI even though she lied and said it was a security review.

Both, totally unprecedented. We are so screwed.

Look, I know he's got a lot of irons in the fire and is responsible for a lot of employees. There's a lot of people who don't like him, me included. Being a giant conglomerate he's an appealing target for litigant seekers, but Jesus Christ...3,500 lawsuits? Damn!

There's no comparison to any other presidential nominee. This guy is a mover, shaker and employee of THOUSANDS. Comparing him to those sucking off the rest of us all of their lives? Impossible.

Truth be told, the more money you have, the larger a target you are for civil lawsuits. It isn't unusual for successful people and/or businesses to have numerous ongoing lawsuits at any given time. Although, 3,500 is a hell of a lot of 'em... no matter who you are.

There's no comparison to any other presidential nominee. This guy is a mover, shaker and employee of THOUSANDS. Comparing him to those sucking off the rest of us all of their lives? Impossible.

So is Bill Gates. Mark Cuban. Warren Buffet. Jeff Bezos. Charles Koch. And Larry Ellison.

I would guess that you could combine the number of lawsuits involving those individuals and they would not equal 3500.

Someone wake me up when he hits 10k, no real reason as I will not be shocked then either.

He is a grifter and a huckster, and there are plenty of completely ignorant marks out there, hence the nomination. Dumb all over.

Sadly, I've found those to be few and far between.

So is Bill Gates. Mark Cuban. Warren Buffet. Jeff Bezos. Charles Koch. And Larry Ellison.

I would guess that you could combine the number of lawsuits involving those individuals and they would not equal 3500.

And you would indeed be guessing. You have absolutely NO idea.

Back
Top Bottom