• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
(CNN) Senate investigators have obtained new information showing Donald Trump Jr.'s mysterious phone calls ahead of the 2016 Trump Tower meeting were not with his father, three sources with knowledge of the matter told CNN.

Records provided to the Senate Intelligence Committee show the calls were between Trump Jr. and two of his business associates, the sources said, and appear to contradict Democrats' long-held suspicions that the blocked number was from then-candidate Donald Trump.

Source: (CNN) Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

Well, isn't this interesting? And reported exclusively by CNN, too.

It would seem exculpatory evidence concerning the suspicions over Don Jr. possibly calling his father before & after the Trump Towers' Russian meeting, has been presented to the Senate. While meeting with the Russians was obviously not a good thing, some good news today has come out of it for the Trump's.

Source: (CNN) Exclusive: Senate investigators told Trump Jr.'s mysterious calls weren't with his father

It would seem exculpatory evidence concerning the suspicions over Don Jr. possibly calling his father before & after the Trump Towers' Russian meeting, has been presented to the Senate. While meeting with the Russians was obviously not a good thing, some good news today has come out of it for the Trump's.

Well, that's gonna chap some speculation-lover ass big time. I'm thinking Schiffty, here.

On the other hand, we all know how the media love their rumors. Maybe there's hope for Schiffty, after all.

Aren't I supposed to dismiss this because it's CNN and it's unnamed sources?;)

Manafort wasn't charged with a crime for being in the Trump Tower meeting. It was always doubtful that Trump Jr would.

Well, that's gonna chap some speculation-lover ass big time. I'm thinking Schiffty, here.

On the other hand, we all know how the media love their rumors. Maybe there's hope for Schiffty, after all.

So this is NOT Fake News?
No concerns that the 3 sources are anonymous?

So you believe CNN and its unnamed sources. Interesting. Good to know. We'll all be sure to remind you of that.

Very hard to believe. If it wasn't with his father then I don't know why he didn't just say who they were instead of saying he didn't know who they were with and that he couldn't remember if it could have been his father.

What part of "rumor" do you not understand?

So you believe CNN and its unnamed sources. Interesting. Good to know. We'll all be sure to remind you of that.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

It makes sense though. Mueller is saying that a month or so later, a senior Trump official reached out to Stone to see if he could find out what Wikileaks had. Which means the tower meeting didn't produce anything of value for the campaign. Why call dad?

Very hard to believe. If it wasn't with his father then I don't know why he didn't just say who they were instead of saying he didn't know who they were with and that he couldn't remember if it could have been his father.

Perhaps because it was a blip in an otherwise long campaign. That which people have long suspected about the meeting simply wasn't so.

All depend where one’s loyalties lie.......

Democrats had reason to suspect the private number was Trump, as Trump's first campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told the committee that Trump's "primary residence has a blocked (phone) line," according to a report from Democrats on the House Intelligence panel.

So-called journalists working for CNN have got to make sure that everyone understands that they support the D's here. A real journalist would have said "Democrats suspected that the private number was Trump, as Trump's first campaign manager Corey Lewandowski told the committee that Trump's "primary residence has a blocked (phone) line," according to a report from Democrats on the House Intelligence panel".

........and the meeting was about Russian orphans!

FFS!

........and the meeting was about Russian orphans!

FFS!

I believe his lying mouth instead of my own eyes. Don't you? Forget about the emails that we all saw (thanks for the excellent reporting, NY Times!). He clearly knew that "this Hillary info" really meant "adoptions"!

Who does the Senate employ as “investigators?”

Were any of his "business associates" with his father at the time of the calls?

Manafort wasn't charged with a crime for being in the Trump Tower meeting. It was always doubtful that Trump Jr would.
That's an interesting take that might have some merit.

Though through Don Jr. believing he was meeting with the Russian government to receive campaign assistance from Russia, I believe his case might be different. Don Jr. conspired in this endeavor, which I saw as criminal in itself. Whether he gets charged or convicted hough, is a whole different matter.

Yeah, I admit that would be the logical narrative. But CNN is usually pretty accurate in their investigative stuff.

It makes sense though. Mueller is saying that a month or so later, a senior Trump official reached out to Stone to see if he could find out what Wikileaks had. Which means the tower meeting didn't produce anything of value for the campaign. Why call dad?
But those are separate issues. You're assuming the Trump Towers Russia meeting had to be WikiLeaks oriented.

Back
Top Bottom