• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EXCLUSIVE: Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Bill & Hillary $100 Million

lovepolitics2

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Clintons' Persian Gulf Sheikhs Gave Them $100 Million | The Daily Caller

A Daily Caller News Foundation investigation reveals that Bill and Hillary Clinton received at least $100 million from autocratic Persian Gulf states and their leaders, potentially undermining Democratic presidential candidate Hillary’s claim she can carry out independent Middle East policies.

As a presidential candidate, the amount of foreign cash the Clintons have amassed from the Persian Gulf states is “simply unprecedented,” says national security analyst Patrick Poole.

“These regimes are buying access. You’ve got the Saudis. You’ve got the Kuwaitis, Oman, Qatar and the UAE. There are massive conflicts of interest. It’s beyond comprehension,” Poole told TheDCNF in an interview.

Overall, the Clinton Foundation has received upwards of $85 million in donations from five Persian Gulf states and their monarchs, according to the foundation’s website.

I hope I posted this in correct area.

*yawn*

I read your reference - as I normally do even when I know the reference is wildly biased as The Daily Caller is - because sometimes, once in a great while, they're right about something.

But this time they weren't.

Why? Because the title of your OP claimed that "the sheikhs gave Bill and Hillary $100M"...and that is false. Bill and Hillary did go there and conduct business there, and made a tidy profit, but no one "gave" them money. Oh, the donations to the Clinton Foundation were substantial...but unlike quite a few right-wing charities that have been caught ripping off their donors over the years, the Clinton Foundation is a real, honest-to-goodness charity that really does do good things around the world.

Ah, but I forget - if a Republican makes money, it's simply profiting from business...but if a *gasp!* Democrat makes money, well, it MUST be from corruption, huh?

And the Clintons making money through business certainly can't be as legit as, say, Trump getting bailed out - twice - by a Saudi prince....

Last edited:
So
*yawn*

I read your reference - as I normally do even when I know the reference is wildly biased as The Daily Caller is - because sometimes, once in a great while, they're right about something.

But this time they weren't.

Why? Because the title of your OP claimed that "the sheikhs gave Bill and Hillary $100M"...and that is false. Bill and Hillary did go there and conduct business there, and made a tidy profit, but no one "gave" them money. Oh, the donations to the Clinton Foundation were substantial...but unlike quite a few right-wing charities that have been caught ripping off their donors over the years, the Clinton Foundation is a real, honest-to-goodness charity that really does do good things around the world.

Ah, but I forget - if a Republican makes money, it's simply profiting from business...but if a *gasp!* Democrat makes money, well, it MUST be from corruption, huh?

And the Clintons making money through business certainly can't be as legit as, say, Trump getting bailed out - twice - by a Saudi prince....

You could very well be correct but, I have a tough time applying the words "real" and "honest to goodness" to the clinton's

Back
Top Bottom