• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

EXCLUSIVE: Joint FBI-US Attorney Probe Of Clinton Foundation Is Underway Read more:

NonoBadDog

Hates Kittens
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
The investigation centers on New York City where the Clinton Foundation has its main offices, according to the former official who has direct knowledge of the activities.
Prosecutorial support will come from various U.S. Attorneys Offices — a major departure from other centralized FBI investigations.
The New York-based probe is being led by Preet Bharara, the U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York. Bharara’s prosecutorial aggressiveness has resulted in a large number of convictions of banks, hedge funds and Wall Street insiders.

Bharara is best known for securing convictions of prominent political figures, including former New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver. Silver had a seemingly intractable grip on power in the state for decades. He was convicted of accepting $4 million in exchange for helping a cancer researcher and two real estate developers.
He also secured the conviction of New York Republican Majority Leader Dean Skelos, who was sentenced to five years in prison for corruption.
http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/exclusive-joint-fbi-us-attorney-probe-of-clinton-foundation-is-underway/

This is good IF it is correct.

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Joint FBI-US Attorney Probe Of Clinton Foundation Is Underway Read mo

Other news stories are reporting that DOJ has already passed on this. It will not investigate Clinton Foundation behavior. It might look bad for our first female POTUS to be.

Re: EXCLUSIVE: Joint FBI-US Attorney Probe Of Clinton Foundation Is Underway Read mo

Other news stories are reporting that DOJ has already passed on this. It will not investigate Clinton Foundation behavior. It might look bad for our first female POTUS to be.

we tend to focus - with good reason - what tRump needs to do differently

team hillary needs to present a very definitive plan to show the voting public how she intends to avoid even the appearance of corruption and/or pay-to-play during her administration

http://dailycaller.com/2016/08/11/exclusive-joint-fbi-us-attorney-probe-of-clinton-foundation-is-underway/

We already know that these "investigations" are rigged so I'm not sure what the point is. They investigate and the outcome is that Hillary is too stupid to use email. This one will show that she's too stupid to know that she shouldn't mix her private concerns with those of her office. I can see it now, "Our investigation has revealed that Hillary was not sophisticated enough to understand that it was inappropriate to allow foreign concerns to contribute to her charity in return for recognition from the US State Department. We do not, however, find any intent to enrich herself or her charity through these arrangements. It was all just coincidence. Granted, the odds of this being a coincidence are something like a billion to one but, hey, nobody says it can't happen."

I expect they will come out and say criminal behavior happened, but excuse it with something stupid like they can't do anything because Hillary is incompetent. We have been down this road once with the corrupt FBI before and I see no reason to expect anything different from them this time.

I'm not holding my breath...
On May 15, 2009, President Barack Obama nominated Preet Bharara to become the U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York.

We already know that these "investigations" are rigged so I'm not sure what the point is. They investigate and the outcome is that Hillary is too stupid to use email. This one will show that she's too stupid to know that she shouldn't mix her private concerns with those of her office. I can see it now, "Our investigation has revealed that Hillary was not sophisticated enough to understand that it was inappropriate to allow foreign concerns to contribute to her charity in return for recognition from the US State Department. We do not, however, find any intent to enrich herself or her charity through these arrangements. It was all just coincidence. Granted, the odds of this being a coincidence are something like a billion to one but, hey, nobody says it can't happen."

I am hoping that this will be different. The person doing the investigation is bi-partisan and very good at what he does. He has a long record of successful prosecutions or politicians. He doesn't work for the FBI. The structure of the team that is doing the investigation is different.

I'm not holding my breath...

I'm not either but I can always hope for integrity to win out at least once. I never have been a quitter.

Does 'this' along with all the other behavior regarding cyber security add up to a case which could be prosecuted? FBI...it's in your court ...again.

Good Lord and people still think she'd be a good POTUS! What sort of moron would vote for that?

at some point you would think conservatives would eventually realize how easily manipulated they are. Maybe the daily caller got something right at some point in its existenece but why do you think the CF is corrupt? Oh yea, you read something in the daily caller. See the problem. If you didnt so obediently believe what they tell you maybe they'd stop lying to you.

I don't like Preet Bharara for his hyper-aggressive and pugnacious personality - but he is tough and very relentless, so if he is indeed genuinely serious about investigating Clinton, then he'll probably go after her like a hound from hell.

I really don't like the guy, though - he's too abrasive, and even mean-spirited in his ferociousness. I hope that he's not in the Democrats' hip pocket, because if he is, then he'll brush off all criticisms with his usual abrasiveness and callousness. But if he's serious on prosecuting Hillary, then she's screwed, because the guy's a damn sadist.

at some point you would think conservatives would eventually realize how easily manipulated they are. Maybe the daily caller got something right at some point in its existenece but why do you think the CF is corrupt? Oh yea, you read something in the daily caller. See the problem. If you didnt so obediently believe what they tell you maybe they'd stop lying to you.

I dunno, maybe because their funds are spent more on salaries and fundraising than actual charity. There are other coincidences involving policy decisions at State and donations previous to those decisions that should be made transparent whether corrupt or not. Why do you hate transparency?

So if this investigation is happening, then why is Fox reporting the following?

Does 'this' along with all the other behavior regarding cyber security add up to a case which could be prosecuted? FBI...it's in your court ...again.

describe for us the evidence of illegality that has been found

we do still require evidence as a basis for criminal trial don't we ... so, please share with us the evidence that has been recovered

Even if Bharara is going after Hillary - and he's tough as nails - can he really cobble together a case before the lections? Nah, Hillary would be elected president before any investigation is completed, and therefore she'd simply scuttle any probe before the facts can come to light. There would have to be Congressional hearings on this, and it's not clear that Republicans would be in control of either house.

Even if Bharara is going after Hillary - and he's tough as nails - can he really cobble together a case before the lections? Nah, Hillary would be elected president before any investigation is completed, and therefore she'd simply scuttle any probe before the facts can come to light. There would have to be Congressional hearings on this, and it's not clear that Republicans would be in control of either house.

You hope.

For the bolded, are you saying that the Democrats are corrupt and would not move forward if the DOJ investigator recommended indictment?

You hope.

What I hope is that b!tch goes to prison - along with BJ.

Bharara has nailed some big fish - the Gottis crime family, various insider traders, Bernie Madoff, etc. Unlike some of his high profile predecessors, Bharara doesn't have the political connections to vault himself someplace higher, like into politics like Giuliani, or to Washington like Comey. So he's on his way out - but before he leaves, he'll likely pursue this case - which could now become the biggest case of his life. If he brings down Hillary, he'll have made his greatest mark by bringing down his biggest fish, the Clinton Crime Family. At a minimum, that will be his legacy. If he succeeds, he may reap political rewards that allow him to pursue a path into politics.

What I hope is that b!tch goes to prison - along with BJ.

Bharara has nailed some big fish - the Gottis crime family, various insider traders, Bernie Madoff, etc. Unlike some of his high profile predecessors, Bharara doesn't have the political connections to vault himself someplace higher, like into politics like Giuliani, or to Washington like Comey. So he's on his way out - but before he leaves, he'll likely pursue this case - which could now become the biggest case of his life. If he brings down Hillary, he'll have made his greatest mark by bringing down his biggest fish, the Clinton Crime Family. At a minimum, that will be his legacy. If he succeeds, he may reap political rewards that allow him to pursue a path into politics.

I just want the truth to come out. It is my fervent wish that some day someone with a thimble full of ethics comes forward with the truth that can't be denied, avoided, perverted or diverted. At this point we need damage control and with the two Bozos we have running for president we will find out how resilient our govt is.

The US Attorneys must have read it too.

we tend to focus - with good reason - what tRump needs to do differently

team hillary needs to present a very definitive plan to show the voting public how she intends to avoid even the appearance of corruption and/or pay-to-play during her administration

Any voter who is being honest with himself, and who has been paying attention to current events over the last 25 years is already aware of numerous demonstrations of how Hillary is corrupt and practices pay-to-play, it seems to me.

I do not see this as good.

We already know the results before they are over.

The Obama run DOJ will be ordered to find nothing wrong in a closed door discussion just like on the tarmac in Phoenix.

If anyone thinks rule of law is working under Obama, they are in for a disappointment. He uses the DOJ, who in turn order the FBI to give the results he wants.

July 5th, 2016 was the death of the concept of rule of law in the US.

The entire DOJ is directed by a Clinton appointee who works for and does the bidding of the Clintons and Obama.

Why do you think Bill Clinton met with her and she ordered the FBI to drop the whole thing less than a week later?

We are a third world country when it comes to rule of law.

I dunno, maybe because their funds are spent more on salaries and fundraising than actual charity. There are other coincidences involving policy decisions at State and donations previous to those decisions that should be made transparent whether corrupt or not. Why do you hate transparency?

Oh OC, you're thinking of Hannity's charity. 89% of CF donations went to charity

Fiorina and others are referring only to the amount donated by the Clinton Foundation to outside charities, ignoring the fact that most of the Clinton Foundation’s charitable work is performed in-house. One independent philanthropy watchdog did an analysis of Clinton Foundation funding and concluded that about 89 percent of its funding went to charity.

Where Does Clinton Foundation Money Go?

So now that you know your conservative masters lied about being the CF being corrupt (like Hannity's charity scam) then you have no reason to think CF is corrupt. Its just a damn shame that conservatives have lost all ability to think for themselves and automatically hate who they're told to hate no matter what the facts are. mmmmm, when's the last time that happened?

Last edited:

The Obama run DOJ will be ordered to find nothing wrong in a closed door discussion just like on the tarmac in Phoenix.

If anyone thinks rule of law is working under Obama, they are in for a disappointment. He uses the DOJ, who in turn order the FBI to give the results he wants.

The entire DOJ is directed by a Clinton appointee who works for and does the bidding of the Clintons and Obama.

Why do you think Bill Clinton met with her and she ordered the FBI to drop the whole thing less than a week later?

There can be no good end to this complete disconnect from reality by large percentages of conservatives. Govt requires cooperation. When republicans no longer put the country first, how much longer can our democracy exist?

So you just give up? Come on dude. I always hope that integrity and ethics will mean something some day.

Back
Top Bottom