• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Dem group warns of apparent Trump Election Day landslide

Chomsky

Social Democrat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
A top Democratic data and analytics firm told "Axios on HBO" it's highly likely that President Trump will appear to have won — potentially in a landslide — on election night, even if he ultimately loses when all the votes are counted.
Why this matters: Way more Democrats will vote by mail than Republicans, due to fears of the coronavirus, and it will take days if not weeks to tally these. This means Trump, thanks to Republicans doing almost all of their voting in person, could hold big electoral college and popular vote leads on election night.
Imagine America, with its polarization and misinformation, if the vote tally swings wildly toward Joe Biden and Trump loses days later as the mail ballots are counted.
Source: Exclusive: Dem group warns of apparent Trump Election Day landslide

While the article headline doesn't provide the clarity I would have preferred, I hope my excerpts provide a more accurate portrayal of the article's premise.

Interestingly, for several weeks now I've been touting the possibility presented in the the body of the article - that being Trump is likely to have a lead, perhaps substantial, on election night - but only to lose it in the up coming days or weeks as the mail-in ballots get tabulated.

In the above case, I believe Trump will prevail upon the GOP governors to end the counting & declare him the winner. I believe the GOP, en masse, will then rise to Trump's clarion call. Expect massive disinformation, legal eagles inundating the courts seeking emergency injunctions, and all sorts of attempts to physically secure or take possession of the ballots & tabulation centers.

We have recent precedence for this, as Floridians well know. This, in abbreviated fashion, occurred when DeSantis had a small lead on election night, forcing a machine recount, where his very slim lead vacillated as the counting went on and the mail-in Miami ballots continued to be tallied. The controlling GOP sprang into action taking judicial & administrative action, ending the count with (supposed) bags of Miami ballots still left on the floor.

Let's not forget Florida is a GOP controlled state, as are quite a few of the all-important battle-ground states.

We may be in for quite a night. With an even more intense period, after.

Very likely considering the split between GOP in person voters and DEM mail-in voters.

While the article headline doesn't provide the clarity I would have preferred, I hope my excerpts provide a more accurate portrayal of the article's premise.

Interestingly, for several weeks now I've been touting the possibility presented in the the body of the article - that being Trump is likely to have a lead, perhaps substantial, on election night - but only to lose it in the up coming days or weeks as the mail-in ballots get tabulated.

In the above case, I believe Trump will prevail upon the GOP governors to end the counting & declare him the winner. I believe the GOP, en masse, will then rise to Trump's clarion call. Expect massive disinformation, legal eagles inundating the courts seeking emergency injunctions, and all sorts of attempts to physically secure or take possession of the ballots & tabulation centers.

We have recent precedence for this, as Floridians well know. This, in abbreviated fashion, occurred when DeSantis had a small lead on election night, forcing a machine recount, where his very slim lead vacillated as the counting went on and the mail-in Miami ballots continued to be tallied. The controlling GOP sprang into action taking judicial & administrative action, ending the count with (supposed) bags of Miami ballots still left on the floor.

Let's not forget Florida is a GOP controlled state, as are quite a few of the all-important battle-ground states.

:eek:uch:

The democrats always blame the republicans for what they themselves are doing.

DeSantis won fair and square.

[h=3]Florida election results: Four reasons Andrew Gillum lost ...[/h]www.tcpalm.com › story › news › politics › elections › 2018/11/07

Nov 7, 2018 - More:Florida election: Candidates Ron DeSantis, Rick Scott react to ... More:Florida election results: 5 takeaways from the 2018 midterms.

Even with their attempts at massive fraud, the Dems can't win, not with cities burning, a far left radical agenda and Grandpa as the nominee.

DeSantis won fair and square.

[h=3]Florida election results: Four reasons Andrew Gillum lost ...[/h]www.tcpalm.com › story › news › politics › elections › 2018/11/07

Nov 7, 2018 - More:Florida election: Candidates Ron DeSantis, Rick Scott react to ... More:Florida election results: 5 takeaways from the 2018 midterms.
I'm not saying the election was not legal. I am saying saying the GOP did all they legally could to not further count the ballots or include the uncounted ballots.

:eek:uch:

The democrats always blame the republicans for what they themselves are doing.
I disagree. If anything, I see democrats attempting to expand ballot counting.

I'm not saying the election was not legal. I am saying saying the GOP did all they legally could to not further count the ballots or include the uncounted ballots.

Your post caused me to do a quick survey of articles about that election. I can't claim it was comprehensive, but I found nothing about uncounted ballots.

Your post caused me to do a quick survey of articles about that election. I can't claim it was comprehensive, but I found nothing about uncounted ballots.
Here's one example:

(Miami New Times) Photos Show Scores of Uncounted Ballots in Opa-locka Mail Center

The problem was that in highly populated places, Miami in particular, ballots kept dribbling in from within the electoral apparatus, and from the post office. This went on during the initial count, and as the recount was taking place. But regardless of the election board having had the ballots in their system earlier, or if they were in the USPS system on time to be delivered - but weren't, the GOP held to not counting them. They basically then called the election, regardless of the legal or political challenges - and that was that.

But to speak to the main thrust of my O.P., that being 'Trump will call to halt counting', I give you this precedent:

(Newsweek) Trump Says Florida Election 'Should Be Called in Favor of Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis' Despite Uncounted Ballots

I maintain history will likely repeat itself, and I challenge naysayers to make a substantive argument as to why they believe I may be wrong.

Here's one example:

(Miami New Times) Photos Show Scores of Uncounted Ballots in Opa-locka Mail Center

The problem was that in highly populated places, Miami in particular, ballots kept dribbling in from within the electoral apparatus, and from the post office. This went on during the initial count, and as the recount was taking place. But regardless of the election board having had the ballots in their system earlier, or if they were in the USPS system on time to be delivered - but weren't, the GOP held to not counting them. They basically then called the election, regardless of the legal or political challenges - and that was that.

But to speak to the main thrust of my O.P., that being 'Trump will call to halt counting', I give you this precedent:

(Newsweek) Trump Says Florida Election 'Should Be Called in Favor of Rick Scott and Ron DeSantis' Despite Uncounted Ballots

I maintain history will likely repeat itself, and I challenge naysayers to make a substantive argument as to why they believe I may be wrong.

Looks like 266 ballots were uncounted. Not enough to have made a difference.
But yes, there should obviously be a good faith effort to count all the ballots legally cast in 2020.

That is the problem: counting illegal votes.
There's never been any substantive proof or convictions of illegal voting, save for the NC GOP operatives that caused an election to be nullified & redone.

If you can riot in person, you can vote in person.

Back
Top Bottom