• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Business partner of Falwells says he had long affair with evangelical power couple

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Exclusive: Business partner of Falwells says he had long affair with evangelical power couple - Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a claim likely to intensify the controversy surrounding one of the most influential figures in the American Christian conservative movement, a business partner of Jerry Falwell Jr has come forward to say he had a years-long sexual relationship involving Falwell’s wife and the evangelical leader.

Giancarlo Granda says he was 20 when he met Jerry and Becki Falwell while working as a pool attendant at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in March 2012. Starting that month and continuing into 2018, Granda told Reuters that the relationship involved him having sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell looked on.

Granda showed Reuters emails, text messages and other evidence that he says demonstrate the sexual nature of his relationship with the couple, who have been married since 1987. “Becki and I developed an intimate relationship and Jerry enjoyed watching from the corner of the room,” Granda said in an interview. Now 29, he described the liaisons as frequent – “multiple times per year” – and said the encounters took place at hotels in Miami and New York, and at the Falwells’ home in Virginia.

His friendship with the Falwells eventually soured, Granda told Reuters, in part because he wanted to dissolve his ties with the couple and fell into a business dispute with them.
=============================================================================
I always thought Falwell was a hypocrite.

Jerry Falwell Jr. endorses Donald Trump for president - POLITICO

New York attorney general probing whether Trump inflated his assets

New York attorney general probing whether Trump inflated his assets - Reuters

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York state’s attorney general is investigating whether the Trump Organization and Donald Trump improperly inflated the value of the U.S. president’s assets on annual financial statements in order to secure loans and obtain economic and tax benefits, according to a court filing.

The disclosure was made in a filing on Monday with a New York state court in Manhattan, where the office of Attorney General Letitia James wants to compel the Trump Organization, Donald Trump’s son Eric, and several other defendants to comply with subpoenas it issued.

According to the filing, the subpoenas were issued as part of the attorney general’s “ongoing confidential civil investigation into potential fraud or illegality.”

Lawyers for the Trump Organization and Eric Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

One particular focus is the Seven Springs Estate, a 212-acre (85.8 hectares) property in northern Westchester County, north of New York City.

James’ office said valuations of the property were used to claim an apparent $21.1 million tax deduction in the 2015 tax year, and in submissions to financial institutions as a component of Donald Trump’s net worth.
===============================================================
Now that the NY A/G has Trump's taxes, you can count on more just like this one.

I wonder if, like so many other Trumpists, Falwell has ever called a liberal a "cuck." Because in that case, :lol:

Re: New York attorney general probing whether Trump inflated his assets

If running for the presidency proves to be the worst decision Trump ever made, that would be the most poetic of justice.

His big, pasty, lard butt might wind up behind bars yet.

I wonder if, like so many other Trumpists, Falwell has ever called a liberal a "cuck." Because in that case, :lol:

He only has to look in the mirror to see one.

Exclusive: Business partner of Falwells says he had long affair with evangelical power couple - Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a claim likely to intensify the controversy surrounding one of the most influential figures in the American Christian conservative movement, a business partner of Jerry Falwell Jr has come forward to say he had a years-long sexual relationship involving Falwell’s wife and the evangelical leader.
=============================================================================
I always thought Falwell was a hypocrite.

Me as well. There is absolutely nothing surprising in this revelation. With very, very, very few exceptions, when someone in the public eye makes a big show of their religiosity, I assume they are in private amoral at best, and likely immoral. I've just found in my own life that those who are truly religious, Christians, demonstrate that by their actions, how they live, how they treat others, and don't need to tell anyone about it. If someone in business tells me what a good "Christian" they are, I grab hold of my wallet and find someone else to deal with if I can. It's a tell, in a bad way, in my experience, and it's rarely let me down.

I've done work off and on for a religious college over the past 15 years or so with a lawyer who works with them, and the leaders of that college are night and day different than Falwell, father or son. They walk the walk. The only outward sign when meeting with them or otherwise dealing with them that they're religious is they have a moment of silence before meals. Otherwise, our mandate was simple enough - do the right thing, something that the school would be proud to have printed in the paper. The last president I worked with raised about $100 million for the school, and took a salary of about $60,000 plus they provided him housing on campus, a little house that was the same as resident faculty who were required to live on campus were assigned. And he ate 'free' meals with the students and resident faculty in the school cafeteria. When he retired, the board of trustees insisted on providing him a retirement package. He'd opposed it when he was active as president, and only reluctantly accepted what was done without his blessing. He'd saved enough on his salary, he believed, to retire with adequate funds. Etc.

Moderator's Warning:
Threads merged. Do not make multiple threads on the exact same topic within minutes of each other.

According to the pool boy, Jerry Falwell Jr liked to sit in the corner and watch his wife get railed by him.

My opinion with regards to what they like to do in the bedroom... so ****ing what? So long as no one is getting hurt and all parties are willing and adults. BUT... the fake Christian morality-police hypocrisy he and his circle lord over others is another thing altogether.

Boom... Falwell Jr resigns as president of Liberty University.

Jerry Falwell Jr. agrees to resign from Liberty University

Jerry Falwell Jr. has agreed to resign as president of Liberty University on Monday, according to a school official. The move came after a series of personal scandals rocked the evangelical university he has led since 2007.

Opposition to his presidency had been growing but came to a dramatic head after two new reports about a young man Falwell and his wife befriended at a Florida pool, went into business with and who allegedly was sexually connected to the couple. One report painted Falwell as the victim of an obsessive affair; the other as an eager participant manipulating a naive young man.​

Me as well. There is absolutely nothing surprising in this revelation. With very, very, very few exceptions, when someone in the public eye makes a big show of their religiosity, I assume they are in private amoral at best, and likely immoral. I've just found in my own life that those who are truly religious, Christians, demonstrate that by their actions, how they live, how they treat others, and don't need to tell anyone about it. If someone in business tells me what a good "Christian" they are, I grab hold of my wallet and find someone else to deal with if I can. It's a tell, in a bad way, in my experience, and it's rarely let me down.

I've done work off and on for a religious college over the past 15 years or so with a lawyer who works with them, and the leaders of that college are night and day different than Falwell, father or son. They walk the walk. The only outward sign when meeting with them or otherwise dealing with them that they're religious is they have a moment of silence before meals. Otherwise, our mandate was simple enough - do the right thing, something that the school would be proud to have printed in the paper. The last president I worked with raised about $100 million for the school, and took a salary of about $60,000 plus they provided him housing on campus, a little house that was the same as resident faculty who were required to live on campus were assigned. And he ate 'free' meals with the students and resident faculty in the school cafeteria. When he retired, the board of trustees insisted on providing him a retirement package. He'd opposed it when he was active as president, and only reluctantly accepted what was done without his blessing. He'd saved enough on his salary, he believed, to retire with adequate funds. Etc.

Sadly there are way to few of these types of folks. I was raised a catholic went to catholic school spent an eternity on my knees and now believe none of it. So much for being taught religion, obviously this man lived it to the best of his ability and for this I commend him. It's the bible thumpers who want to use religion as a weapon against others I despise and sadly in my opinion that covers most so called christians.

Sadly there are way to few of these types of folks. I was raised a catholic went to catholic school spent an eternity on my knees and now believe none of it. So much for being taught religion, obviously this man lived it to the best of his ability and for this I commend him. It's the bible thumpers who want to use religion as a weapon against others I despise and sadly in my opinion that covers most so called christians.

It's used as;

1. A weapon against people
  2. A control over people
  3. A revenue cash cow for them and theirs

When I see a Christian not using it like any of these, then I actually believe they might be a follower of Christ.

My opinion with regards to what they like to do in the bedroom... so ****ing what? So long as no one is getting hurt and all parties are willing and adults. BUT... the fake Christian morality-police hypocrisy he and his circle lord over others is another thing altogether.
Yep. It's not the affair, it's the lies and the hypocrisy. Not just about having the affair, not just about drinking, not just about clubbing, but also about his and his wife's refusal to take personal responsibility for their actions.

Boom... Falwell Jr resigns as president of Liberty University.

Jerry Falwell Jr. agrees to resign from Liberty University

Jerry Falwell Jr. has agreed to resign as president of Liberty University on Monday, according to a school official. The move came after a series of personal scandals rocked the evangelical university he has led since 2007.

Opposition to his presidency had been growing but came to a dramatic head after two new reports about a young man Falwell and his wife befriended at a Florida pool, went into business with and who allegedly was sexually connected to the couple. One report painted Falwell as the victim of an obsessive affair; the other as an eager participant manipulating a naive young man.​

I’m sure there was a “golden parachute!”

If running for the presidency proves to be the worst decision Trump ever made, that would be the most poetic of justice.

Wait. What? I could swear that remark was previously in a thread about Trump Org being under investigation, not Jerry Falwell.

I would not have made it in this thread, since nothing about Falwell having a cuck fetish has anything to do with Trump. The point was the poetic justice of his hubris in running for office being the thing that finally and irretrievable sic'd the authorities on him.

His taxes are being investigated. His organization is being investigated.

His big, pasty, lard butt might wind up behind bars yet.

Over an affair that somebody else had? Allegedly?

I doubt it.

Over an affair that somebody else had? Allegedly?

I doubt it.

Like all trumpanzees, he'll go to jail for defrauding his investors.

Exclusive: Falwell steered Liberty University land deal benefiting his personal trainer - Reuters

LYNCHBURG, Va. (Reuters) - Evangelical leader and prominent Donald Trump backer Jerry Falwell Jr personally approved real estate transactions by his nonprofit Christian university that helped his personal fitness trainer obtain valuable university property, according to real estate records, internal university emails and interviews.

Yeah... this is another pretty boy he had pork his wife and needed to have remain quiet.

Trump's shady fixer Cohen is on record as helping Falwell hide some sleazy pictures of his wife.... Just before Falwell turned around and supported Trump to his followers for the first time!

Last edited:

Like all trumpanzees, he'll go to jail for defrauding his investors.

Exclusive: Falwell steered Liberty University land deal benefiting his personal trainer - Reuters

LYNCHBURG, Va. (Reuters) - Evangelical leader and prominent Donald Trump backer Jerry Falwell Jr personally approved real estate transactions by his nonprofit Christian university that helped his personal fitness trainer obtain valuable university property, according to real estate records, internal university emails and interviews.

Yeah... this is another pretty boy he had pork his wife and needed to have remain quiet.

I'm not aware that Falwell has been indicted for anything, So I doubt he'll do time.

What is exactly immoral about consenting adults engaging in sexual activity? Or are you one of those religious types that thinks humans should only have one sexual partner their entire life, lest they be called "immoral"?

According to the pool boy, Jerry Falwell Jr liked to sit in the corner and watch his wife get railed by him.

Exactly... As long as it's between consenting adults and it's in private I don't give a damn what people do.

But F Falwell and the phony 'family values' crowd who have preached to us for 30+ years and spewed BS about the liberals war on Christianity. The hypocritical Christians like Falwell and Trump are doing more damage to Christianity than the liberals ever did.

Back
Top Bottom