• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Exclusive: Business partner of Falwells says he had long affair with evangelical power couple

Anyone wonder why the evangelical scumbags are supporting Trump?

No. All you're doing is defending a hypocrite who would be kicked out of his own religious school.

I described you perfectly.

Meh. I'm rarely concerned with how I'm described by prudish conservatives who post bigoted attacks on people with non conventional lifestyles.

Meh. I'm rarely concerned with how I'm described by prudish conservatives who post bigoted attacks on people with non conventional lifestyles.

all you're doing is defending massive hypocrisy.

but, i'm sure that surprises no one here.

all you're doing is defending massive hypocrisy.

but, i'm sure that surprises no one here.

It sure does seem to bother you when someone rejects your bigoted posts. You could just stop making them and accept that 1950 ain't coming back, no matter how much you slurp up to racist WWII vets.

It sure does seem to bother you when someone rejects your bigoted posts. You could just stop making them and accept that 1950 ain't coming back, no matter how much you slurp up to racist WWII vets.

all you're doing is acting like Jerry Falwell Jr's words and beliefs don't matter after he's caught doing what he has preached about (and what his students would be kicked out of school for).

but i do give you credit for being creative about it. it's not honest but it is creative.

all you're doing is acting like Jerry Falwell Jr's words and beliefs don't matter after he's caught doing what he has preached about (and what his students would be kicked out of school for).

but i do give you credit for being creative about it. it's not honest but it is creative.

Nobody said he shouldn't be kicked out of the school. Let him face whatever punishment is in his contract. But shaming people for private bedroom choices? Disgusting. Deflect to his hypothetical kicked out students all you want, real people are shamed for their private adult choices by conservatives like yourself, and it's wrong. I've made my point clear, feel free to have the last word.

Thank you for the discussion.

Nobody said he shouldn't be kicked out of the school. Let him face whatever punishment is in his contract. But shaming people for private bedroom choices? Disgusting. Deflect to his hypothetical kicked out students all you want, real people are shamed for their private adult choices by conservatives like yourself, and it's wrong. I've made my point clear, feel free to have the last word.

literally from "The Liberty Way, Liberty University"...

"The Division of Student Affairs will continue to develop guidelines and principles related to all forms of entertainment. Activities outside of these standards and guidelines are violations of the Student Honor Code.

Sexuality & Relationships

Sexual relations outside of a biblically ordained marriage between a natural-born man and a natural-born woman are not permissible at Liberty University. In personal relationships, students are encouraged to know and abide by common-sense guidelines to avoid the appearance of impropriety. Activities outside of these standards and guidelines are violations of the Student Honor Code."

Real people are expelled from Liberty University under policies supported by Falwell and that he ignores.

And, yes, I plead guilty to shaming liars, hypocrites, and cowards who when caught throw their spouse under the bus while dishonestly denying their own role in the affair. There is literally nothing in Falwell's conduct here to defend.

From being shamed for being embarrassed by his sexual orientation? You bet. It's because of attacks like this that people are scared to come out. There's a right side to progress and history and basic human decency; I'm confident where I stand.

No one is saying he should keep his job or he was a nice guy; but attacking people for being outed is the exact reason people are so scared of being outed. It's awful. But I've been told that the cruelty is the point.

Nobody comes out at Liberty University. Not if the know what’s good for them. In fact, they be better off in the closet around Lynchburg as a whole (after all, the Falwell’s dominate local politics) This is a campus that has an auditorium named after Tim LeHayne, the evangelical writer who entertained them bible thumpers with tales of the Rapture.

You’re barking way up the wrong tree if you’re expecting others to excuse a hypocrite who represents this kind of ideology, because of a “consenting adults” excuse.

Nobody comes out at Liberty University. Not if the know what’s good for them. In fact, they be better off in the closet around Lynchburg as a whole (after all, the Falwell’s dominate local politics) This is a campus that has an auditorium named after Tim LeHayne, the evangelical writer who entertained them bible thumpers with tales of the Rapture.

You’re barking way up the wrong tree if you’re expecting others to excuse a hypocrite who represents this kind of ideology, because of a “consenting adults” excuse.

Who said excuse him? Shaming people is exactly why they don't come out. As several posters on here make clear; they will attack people for their private bedroom choices, especially if those people didn't come out because "they knew what was good for them", as you said. Accepting people who were afraid to come out is the way to make fewer people afraid; attacking them hurts the movement as a whole. Feel free to be on the wrong side of history; there are plenty of us who accept and celebrate progress, even when it is a painful and twisty path.

Real people are expelled from Liberty University under policies supported by Falwell and that he ignores.
And, yes, I plead guilty to shaming liars, hypocrites, and cowards who when caught throw their spouse under the bus while dishonestly denying their own role in the affair. There is literally nothing in Falwell's conduct here to defend.

I see he's in line for a $10.5 million buyout. That'll buy a lot of pool boys.

I see he's in line for a $10.5 million buyout. That'll buy a lot of pool boys.

Of course he is. That's always the way of the elitists. They get caught doing bad things that others would be thrown out on their asses without a second thought, but Falwell exits a rich man, and of course his hand selected board chose not to levy any formal charges of wrongdoing to pave the way. I'd bet Falwell had a high priced lawyer negotiate his last contract to make it nearly impossible not to give him this golden parachute on the way out.

It amazes me sometimes how these people get away with it. Falwell and those like him actually have contempt for regular people. LaPierre is another example. They don't believe the rules apply to them, and largely they don't. We're only useful to fund their lavish lifestyle.

Who said excuse him? Shaming people is exactly why they don't come out. As several posters on here make clear; they will attack people for their private bedroom choices, especially if those people didn't come out because "they knew what was good for them", as you said. Accepting people who were afraid to come out is the way to make fewer people afraid; attacking them hurts the movement as a whole. Feel free to be on the wrong side of history; there are plenty of us who accept and celebrate progress, even when it is a painful and twisty path.

Endorsing hypocracy is not progress. And as many have pointed out to you throughout this thread, Falwell’s private life isn’t the issue. It’s that he promotes the very kind of narrow minded prudish and judgemental attitude towards private life that you claim to be defending.

BTW, you keep talking about people “coming out”.

As a general rule, most of us take that as a reference to homosexuality.

That never even occurred to me with regards to Falwell. I have the impression that you did. i don’t know why.

Jerry Falwell Jr is a decadent hypocrite. He has far more in common with Jeffrey Epstein than he does to Pete Buttigieg.

Jerry Falwell Jr is a decadent hypocrite. He has far more in common with Jeffrey Epstein than he does to Pete Buttigieg.

damn. that's actually true.

Anyone wonder why the evangelical scumbags are supporting Trump?
The scumbags certainly did. But the split in the Evangelical community was real, and much deeper (and more biting) than was often apparent to outsiders.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

BUT... the fake Christian morality-police hypocrisy he and his circle lord over others is another thing altogether.

Lord over who?

Until the recent news stories about this couple's sex life came out, I had never heard of either of them.

IIRC when that unzipped picture came out with Falwell and his wife's assistant and he was holding a drink I read that not only could a student get expelled/suspended for that kind of behavior and/or using alcohol they could also be fined... Fined!! IIRC up to $2k...

So his rules only apply to others? Not to him.. He can drink and live an immoral life... Us, and his students on the other hand have to be live by different standards? Typical hypocritical Republican.

I didn't realize Republicans were trying to pass laws against getting drunk on boats.

This is more serious than I thought.

Lord over who?

Until the recent news stories about this couple's sex life came out, I had never heard of either of them.

Since the Falwells are uber political, everyone is judged by them as well as having policies people live by effected by them. But if you want to get more technical, Liberty University staff, faculty, and students.

Until fairly recently, if you were dating you couldn't even hold hands in public there without a fine, interracial dating was prohibited, and R rated movies would get you a fine as well. And dancing is prohibited. Yes, they are trying to make Footloose movie a real thing it seems.

Except for the president of the University. He can three way it, drunk on a boat, with students and all.

Oh and the weasel out of trying to say its never a big deal if you personally didn't know about this person is a tired angle.

Last edited:
Since the Falwells are uber political, everyone is judged by them as well as having policies people live by effected by them. But if you want to get more technical, Liberty University staff, faculty, and students.

Looking at their school policies and political leanings and comparing those to my own life I can honestly say I have never felt any of his judgement nor do I believe I've ever been impacted by these people.

Until fairly recently, if you were dating you couldn't even hold hands in public there without a fine, interracial dating was prohibited, and R rated movies would get you a fine as well. And dancing is prohibited. Yes, they are trying to make Footloose movie a real thing it seems.

So what? College students are adults - they can go elsewhere if they want.

Except for the president of the University. He can three way it, drunk on a boat, with students and all.

Again... so what? Anyone who doesn't like that is free not to associate with these people or attend their school.

Oh and the weasel out of trying to say its never a big deal if you personally didn't know about this person is a tired angle.

Do you think it's a big deal that I'd never heard of a person I didn't meet who ran a college I didn't go to or even know existed?

What is so important about this man that everyone should know who he is and what gets him off?

And how can I get that important?

Looking at their school policies and political leanings and comparing those to my own life I can honestly say I have never felt any of his judgement nor do I believe I've ever been impacted by these people.

So what? College students are adults - they can go elsewhere if they want.

Again... so what? Anyone who doesn't like that is free not to associate with these people or attend their school.

Do you think it's a big deal that I'd never heard of a person I didn't meet who ran a college I didn't go to or even know existed?

What is so important about this man that everyone should know who he is and what gets him off?

You can't even acknowledge the blatantly ridiculous hypocrisy because he's a ****ing (R). :lamo

You can't even acknowledge the blatantly ridiculous hypocrisy because he's a ****ing (R). :lamo

Huh?

The guy may well be a hypocrite - if he runs a big for-profit church school, he probably is.

But why does it matter?

Why is this man so important?

The world is full of hypocrites in high places that don't get this kind of attention. What'd he do that's got everyone so fascinated with who puts their dicks in his wife?

Huh?

The guy may well be a hypocrite - if he runs a big for-profit church school, he probably is.

Which was my point that you decided to argue against for some reason.

But why does it matter?

Why is this man so important?

I guess you'll have to ask the Falwell's how they kept getting invited to the whitehouse if you want to figure out how they got to be so important so that you can follow in their footsteps.

The world is full of hypocrites in high places that don't get this kind of attention. What'd he do that's got everyone so fascinated with who puts their dicks in his wife?

And it's always fun watching such hypocrites fall not so well.

And it's always fun watching such hypocrites fall not so well.

So that's it?

This is just a little schadenfreude for you? Not actually important; just a personal pleasure?

If that's all ... :shrug:

So that's it?

This is just a little schadenfreude for you? Not actually important; just a personal pleasure?

If that's all ... :shrug:

He's a pretty important political figure. That you are ignorant of that is no one's fault but your own. Personal responsibility you see. And this is but a small small dose of the schadenfreude I intend to display come November.

He's a pretty important political figure. That you are ignorant of that is no one's fault but your own. Personal responsibility you see.

Indeed. I take full responsibility for that ignorance. And, in fact, I intend to maintain it as I've still seen no evidence that this man is, as you claim, a "pretty important political figure".

Should he ever be demonstrated to have importance to my life, I may be persuaded to give him more thought.

Back
Top Bottom