• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Excellent and challenging new home-school curriculum

John Liberty

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Hey there! For those parents who homeschool and are looking to find a challenging and thorough home-school curriculum, I'd like to suggest this one:
Ron-Paul-Curriculum

I have two nephews and a niece who are home-schooled. I would not suggest their parents use anything that Ron Paul has a connection with. Dr. Paul is not the sort if conservative I want members of my family emulating.

I have two nephews and a niece who are home-schooled. I would not suggest their parents use anything that Ron Paul has a connection with. Dr. Paul is not the sort if conservative I want members of my family emulating.

1) Please explain what "conservative" values you hold then. If you are not limited government, lower taxes and pro life than you are NOT a conservative. You are a moderate or you are a neo-conservative.

2) This is not a political course, it is a home-school curriculum. If you would rather use common-core curriculum handed out by the government, or extremely easy and "fair" curriculums written by neo-conservatives like Romney and his fans so be it. That's your choice. I'm putting this curriculum out there for people who want, and appreciate a good education and would be interested in this curriculum.

3) I can't help but see your lean is very conservative, so again I ask...what is it about Paul that you "don't want your kids to emulate". Lemme guess, Fox News told you Ron Paul's foreign policy was "loony". Well lemme ask you this, if you prefer bombing middle-eastern countries and giving foreign aid to people WHO BURN OUR F**KING FLAG...that....that right there is loony.

WTF? Political figures putting out home school curriculums? I do not care who the politician is, or how much I agree with his positions this just screams bias and forcing a malleable mind into a designated mold instead of letting them discover knowledge fairly and objectively. But I suppose that this is what all too many people want when they choose to homeschool their children - and no this is not a blanket statement for all who choose to homeschool.

WTF? Political figures putting out home school curriculums? I do not care who the politician is, or how much I agree with his positions this just screams bias and forcing a malleable mind into a designated mold instead of letting them discover knowledge fairly and objectively. But I suppose that this is what all too many people want when they choose to homeschool their children - and no this is not a blanket statement for all who choose to homeschool.

1) He's not a political figure anymore.

2) This is NOT a political course! It's mathematics, science and writing. It's kinda hard to brainwash someone using fractions.

3) They are not forced into this curriculum(unlike public schools) and it is putting knowledge out there allowing people to retrieve the information "fairly and objectively". How different is this from former congressman professors and political news stories?

1. Traditional values. The understanding that Right and Wrong are Universal concepts without exceptions. True Social and Fiscal Conservatism.

2. All curriculum is political because it creates the mentality that people use to determine their politics. The curriculum they are using is based on Tradition, Right and Wrong, and the ideal that what one SHOULD do is more important than what one CAN do.

3. I don't watch Fox News. Dr. Paul is not Traditional enough for my tastes. I'm against ALL foreign and Domestic aid from the Federal Govt. I believe the Feds have a very limited role in society but inside that role their power is nearly limitless.

1. Traditional values. The understanding that Right and Wrong are Universal concepts without exceptions. True Social and Fiscal Conservatism.

2. All curriculum is political because it creates the mentality that people use to determine their politics. The curriculum they are using is based on Tradition, Right and Wrong, and the ideal that what one SHOULD do is more important than what one CAN do.

3. I don't watch Fox News. Dr. Paul is not Traditional enough for my tastes. I'm against ALL foreign and Domestic aid from the Federal Govt. I believe the Feds have a very limited role in society but inside that role their power is nearly limitless.

I'm against ALL foreign and Domestic aid from the Federal Govt.

Have you actually SEEN Ron Paul's issues or listened to him speak??

Also please elaborate on "traditional"

1) He's not a political figure anymore.

2) This is NOT a political course! It's mathematics, science and writing. It's kinda hard to brainwash someone using fractions.

3) They are not forced into this curriculum(unlike public schools) and it is putting knowledge out there allowing people to retrieve the information "fairly and objectively". How different is this from former congressman professors and political news stories?

He has been, is, and will continue to be passionate about his views and beliefs despite not "formally" being a political figure anymore. They are front in center in his curriculum - and this is precisely what will motivate people to buy into what he is selling - a biased viewpoint. I mean all one has to do is read the description in your link:

Here, you and your children can get an education in liberty like no other.

Here, students learn the basics of Western Civilization and Western liberty -- how it was won, how it is being lost, and how it will be restored. (Not can . . . will.)

Students also learn the basics of American history, the United States Constitution, and American geography.

They get two courses on free market economics. They get two courses on government, including a how-to course on reclaiming America, one county at a time.

c'mon lessons in "liberty", how "western liberty" has been lost and how to restore it, the basics of American history, the constitution, and free market economics. He is selling his political views here - and appealing to those who share them. Pure bias - let the kid develop their own political beliefs, do not force feed them yours.

The mathematics, science and writing is mentioned after all of the above - almost as an afterthought "yeah your kid will get these too", but the appeal of his curriculum is his political views, and he makes no attempt to hide this, it is front and center there - that is its main selling point.

Last edited:
Yes. He's nowhere near Conservative enough for me.

11th - 12th Century Norman England.

You are against all foreign and domestic aid...so is Ron Paul.

Not conservative ENOUGH? Wtf, are you babbling about. People's problem with him is he's too conservative, if that even exists.

And again...ELABORATE. A time period is not elaborating the issues you think is "traditional"

He has been, is, and will continue to be passionate about his views and beliefs despite not "formally" being a political figure anymore. They are front in center in his curriculum - and this is precisely what will motivate people to buy into what he is selling - a biased viewpoint. I mean all one has to do is read the description in your link:

c'mon lessons in "liberty", how "western liberty" has been lost and how to restore it, the basics of American history, the constitution, and free market economics. He is selling hisHere, you and your children can get an education in liberty like no other.

Here, students learn the basics of Western Civilization and Western liberty -- how it was won, how it is being lost, and how it will be restored. (Not can . . . will.)

Students also learn the basics of American history, the United States Constitution, and American geography.

They get two courses on free market economics. They get two courses on government, including a how-to course on reclaiming America, one county at a time. He is selling his political views here - and appealing to those who share them. Pure bias - let the kid develop their own political beliefs, do not force feed them yours.

The mathematics, science and writing is mentioned after all of the above - almost as an afterthought "yeah your kid will get these too", but what is going to sell the curriculum is his political views, and he makes no attempt to hide this, it is front and center there - that is its main selling point.

Ok, I'll give you that. But all curriculums are biased, and most are liberally slanted. There's nothing wrong with biased curriculums and news sites as long as you respect the fact they are biased and keep an open mind. Learning about western liberty appeals to some people.`

You are against all foreign and domestic aid...so is Ron Paul.

Not conservative ENOUGH? Wtf, are you babbling about. People's problem with him is he's too conservative, if that even exists.

And again...ELABORATE. A time period is not elaborating the issues you think is "traditional"

I am in favor of a properly-focused Government more than a truly "small" Government. The main goals of Government should be National Defense and ensuring a properly Moral and Decent Society. That's where Dr. Paul fails - in the ideal of enforcing a properly Moral society on the Nation.

I don't have 6 hours to give you a history lesson. You should be able to Google 11th or 12th Century England.

I am in favor of a properly-focused Government more than a truly "small" Government. The main goals of Government should be National Defense and ensuring a properly Moral and Decent Society. That's where Dr. Paul fails - in the ideal of enforcing a properly Moral society on the Nation.

I don't have 6 hours to give you a history lesson. You should be able to Google 11th or 12th Century England.

Why is it government's responsibility ensure a moral society? Forced morality isn't morality! Morality comes from the heart. People need to think for themselves and make their own bad decisions. Laws like no murder and no theft...fine. That's still limited. But banning sodas because they are unhealthy is ridiculous.

I understand what 11th century England was like...history was my best subject in school. I asked you what issue you "thought" correlated with that time period.

Morals are subjective. What you are saying is that you support forcing your moral views on others/forcing others to conform to your way of thinking, even if other people living their lives how they see fit in no way affects you.

The only difference between you and historical dictators is that you may differ on what morals should be enforced.

Thankfully, humanity has evolved beyond that -- somewhat.

Ok, I'll give you that. But all curriculums are biased, and most are liberally slanted. There's nothing wrong with biased curriculums and news sites as long as you respect the fact they are biased and keep an open mind. Learning about western liberty appeals to some people.`

So the answer to a perceived liberal slant is to immerse your child in an obvious slant in another direction? How about finding the most unbiased neutral viewpoint and going from there instead of forcing an obvious bias to "offset" another. This is akin to saying "my child needs a hobby and bungee jumping is dangerous, so instead I am going to encourage him to base jump wearing a flight suit".

So the answer to a perceived liberal slant is to immerse your child in an obvious slant in another direction? How about finding the most unbiased neutral viewpoint and going from there instead of forcing an obvious bias to "offset" another. This is akin to saying "my child needs a hobby and bungee jumping is dangerous, so instead I am going to encourage him to base jump wearing a flight suit".

You are missing the point. EVERYTHING is biased. You are never going to find an unbiased curriculum...ever. Especially when it comes to science and history. If a Christian writes a science book they are either going to exclude evolution or talk about it with disdain and they are going to talk about how God created science in certain ways. History is also going to biased, in fact its the easiest to make biased.

If you correlate with a type of viewpoint, there's nothing wrong with learning more about it. It's like watching CNN or Fox News...those aren't unbiased but if your views correlate with those news stations than so be it. It's always important to keep an open mind, and look at issues from all angles. But if you are in search of the perfect, unbiased home-school curriculum you are going to be looking for a very long time.

You are missing the point. EVERYTHING is biased. You are never going to find an unbiased curriculum...ever. Especially when it comes to science and history. If a Christian writes a science book they are either going to exclude evolution or talk about it with disdain and they are going to talk about how God created science in certain ways. History is also going to biased, in fact its the easiest to make biased.

If you correlate with a type of viewpoint, there's nothing wrong with learning more about it. It's like watching CNN or Fox News...those aren't unbiased but if your views correlate with those news stations than so be it. It's always important to keep an open mind, and look at issues from all angles. But if you are in search of the perfect, unbiased home-school curriculum you are going to be looking for a very long time.

The difference being a bias that is likely covert, subtle, and probably accidental versus one that is overt, blatant, and deliberate. The former can be overcame as a parent, and encourages exploration - just point out "I do not necessarily think this way" and explain why, it can become an opportunity to let the child explore nuance and think for themselves. The latter is chosen specifically because it reinforces and encourages a bias, it stifles exploration and forces a child into the mold that you want them to fit.

The difference being a bias that is likely covert, subtle, and probably accidental versus one that is overt, blatant, and deliberate. The former can be overcame as a parent, and encourages exploration - just point out "I do not necessarily think this way" and explain why, it can become an opportunity to let the child explore nuance and think for themselves. The latter is chosen specifically because it reinforces and encourages a bias, it stifles exploration and forces a child into the mold that you want them to fit.

I would agree that children need to think for themselves, however there is nothing wrong with requesting a course on a political viewpoint of yours. It's like ordering a politically biased book. Also the western liberty philosophy is a course...you can request just mathematics or just science. There's nothing wrong with reading or studying biased curriculums...and I'll repeat this again, as long as you RESPECT it's biased and don't believe it right away. I don't believe everything Ron Paul says, and when I listen to a speech of his I immediately google the issue and research the Liberal viewpoint, the conservative viewpoint, the libertarian viewpoint and any other viewpoints out there.

Great political indoctrination, this is the exact reason I do not want homeschooling.

Hey there! For those parents who homeschool and are looking to find a challenging and thorough home-school curriculum, I'd like to suggest this one:
Ron-Paul-Curriculum

Let me get this straight...The champion of Free Will and breaker of chains of government dependency who happens to also be government employee and mooching of tax payers for his healthcare and all other government provided benefits is providing a government mandated home schooling curriculum?

Come to think of it why does he care either way...

If some groups of xenophobe and sociopath parents decide to lock the fruit of their loins in the house and raise equally socially awkward xenophobe children into the adulthood, why does this this government employee care how they do it. Natural selection is usually take care of these anomalies, whether you believe in it or not.

Diving Mullah

Let me get this straight...The champion of Free Will and breaker of chains of government dependency who happens to also be government employee and mooching of tax payers for his healthcare and all other government provided benefits is providing a government mandated home schooling curriculum?

Come to think of it why does he care either way...

If some groups of xenophobe and sociopath parents decide to lock the fruit of their loins in the house and raise equally socially awkward xenophobe children into the adulthood, why does this this government employee care how they do it. Natural selection is usually take care of these anomalies, whether you believe in it or not.

Diving Mullah

1) This is not government provided, in fact the government has been trying to find ways to get this not approved.

2) This is most certainly NOT mandated in any way, shape or form.

3) Just because he used to be a congressman does not mean he mooched off healthcare and other government benefits like the other a**holes. In fact, several times over the course of each of his terms, he cut useless benefits he didn't need and donated it BACK to the federal reserve. He drove one of the crappiest cars on the planet, and his office budget was practically none existent except the stuff he NEEDED. The rest he bought himself.

4) Did you get this stuff off a Liberal Extremist blog? Because even the conservatives and liberals I meet that dislike him, are not this thick. On some level, I don't mind them disagreeing. It's when they don't have their facts straight that I have a problem...like you. I bet you couldn't name one quote, or even one speech of his without having to google it. You can cheat and google it anyway I don't care, because you will know that you are not speaking the truth. When you don't even try to understand a politician's issues and you trash him anyway...that's when I start having a problem.

5) Just...please do yourself a favor and never watch CNN or whatever it is your watching ever again. Because it's turning your brain into mush, and you are no longer able to take information and details and comprehend them at a basic human level.

Great political indoctrination, this is the exact reason I do not want homeschooling.

But you go to public school? Can you explain this to me? Because I don't get it. Rather then teaching your kids on your own, you give them to other people to teach. Plus you not only give them to other teachers, but you give them to the public schools with their "common core" liberal bullsh**.

I'm thoroughly confused, if you are worried about your child be indoctrinated by home-schooling you are extremely out of touch with what home-schooling even is. Curriculums are non-mandatory educational supplements. If you want to teach your kids by yourself without any supplements you can.

This curriculum is for people who already agree with Ron Paul and are interested in learning more about it. It is not indoctrination because it is not mandatory.In order for indoctrination to work, it has to be forceful and targeted at different kinds of political leanings. This website is CLEARLY slanted for conservatives and libertarians for them to learn more about the freedom concept through readings of Ancient Greek, Roman and Modern books and other subjects.

c'mon lessons in "liberty", how "western liberty" has been lost and how to restore it, the basics of American history, the constitution, and free market economics. He is selling his political views here - and appealing to those who share them. Pure bias - let the kid develop their own political beliefs, do not force feed them yours.

The mathematics, science and writing is mentioned after all of the above - almost as an afterthought "yeah your kid will get these too", but the appeal of his curriculum is his political views, and he makes no attempt to hide this, it is front and center there - that is its main selling point.

I have a feeling that John Liberty is not going to last long here... Paulbots generally are frowned upon :)

But you go to public school? Can you explain this to me? Because I don't get it. Rather then teaching your kids on your own, you give them to other people to teach. Plus you not only give them to other teachers, but you give them to the public schools with their "common core" liberal bullsh**.

I'm thoroughly confused, if you are worried about your child be indoctrinated by home-schooling you are extremely out of touch with what home-schooling even is. Curriculums are non-mandatory educational supplements. If you want to teach your kids by yourself without any supplements you can.

This curriculum is for people who already agree with Ron Paul and are interested in learning more about it. It is not indoctrination because it is not mandatory.In order for indoctrination to work, it has to be forceful and targeted at different kinds of political leanings. This website is CLEARLY slanted for conservatives and libertarians for them to learn more about the freedom concept through readings of Ancient Greek, Roman and Modern books and other subjects.

Teachers know what they are teaching it's their job. They can help you with things others cannot, I really want to see a parent teach their child basic quantum physics. Most are experts in what they do, most parents cannot teach sciences or advanced mathematics, not to mention all the other courses like languages or history, law, etc. I don't know about the U.S. education but here we learn about the structure of our government and our constitution aswell as optional law courses which extend that even further. We learn the history of the French Revolution, which set forth all the ideas for modern thinking and The American Revolution. Homeschooling should be banned because an uneducated and indoctrinated society does not benefit anyone. No, this is clearly indoctrination it is to force children into Libertarianism which should be dead like it is here.

Back
Top Bottom