• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Examples of politicians that put country over party.

csbrown28

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Personally concerned with the lack of character of today's politicians I was curious how many of you know of a politician who has, in a clearly definable moment, did something against his parties interests but in the interest of his/ her country.

I don't care if their Democrat or Republican (independents don't really have a party), so long as they've done something they felt was right.

Links would be great.

Personally concerned with the lack of character of today's politicians I was curious how many of you know of a politician who has, in a clearly definable moment, did something against his parties interests but in the interest of his/ her country.

I don't care if their Democrat or Republican (independents don't really have a party), so long as they've done something they felt was right.

Links would be great.

No specifics as I can't link right now, but any politician that has voted to give an up or down vote for a presidential nominee against their parties wishes to stall the nomination.

Presidential nominees should always be given an up or down vote. If the party doesn't like the nominee, then vote against them but give the person an up or down vote for crying out loud.

I think the number of replies or lack thereof, is very apropos....lol

I think Eisenhower's warning about the military industrial complex was an example. Where we missed the ball is not understanding the subtext to that warning. Namely, that ANY industry can become a threat to the country's stability if they are allowed to ingratiate themselves to our representatives, if we allow our representatives to suckle at the teat of fascism.

Some of Obama's drone activity is also applicable. It created some tension on the left but he felt it was necessary for the defense of the country. I respect his decision where no choice was a good one.

Back
Top Bottom