• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Example of how left-leaning "fact check" orgs deceive us

ModerationNow!

I identify as "non-Bidenary".
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I was just watching a CNN panel on Wolf Blitzer's show during the 6-7pm est slot, where they are continuing their 24/7 rant asking, "where's the Republican's proof of irregularities or fraud in Broward county"? But ironically, during that same panel discussion(which consisted of 5 partisan progressives btw), one of their regular panelists says, "the republicans only want to make elections more secure, to prevent poor people and black people from voting". Now, after ranting for a week demanding PROOF of irregularities from republicans, does anyone think that Wolfie B or any other CNN hosts will DEMAND PROOF of voter fraud or suppression from the democrats and progressive activists on their panels? We all know the answer, and its a big fat NO....:confused::doh:mrgreen:

As a result of CNN's hardcore anti-Republican bias, they've lost a LOT of viewers, as much as -35% year over year! So I did a search to see just how bad it is, and I came across a Snopes "fact check" site. Here, they have an article claiming that "right-leaning media orgs claim that CNN ratings plummet, and they will be closing their doors soon". They frame it in a way that makes it clear they are trying to accomplish 2 propaganda goals: 1). Falsely insinuate that several right leaning media orgs have made that false claim, can't be trusted etc, and 2). Provide cover for CNN, claim that they aren't politically biased, and try to recover some of CNN's lost credibility.

But when you read their fact check article, it's actually clear that only 1 "right leaning media org" made any such claim that CNN is going out of business, and that 1 media site isn't even a well known one, but they still threw in a few better known conservative media org's names to conflate the situation, despite later admitting that only 1 actually insinuated it. It's a site I've never heard of called Your News Wire. After doing a little searching to find out anything about that site, I found conversation that it may just be a semi-troll site, and it was probably more of a goof on CNN and their failed strategy of going hard-left all the time!

But they try to conflate the false insinuation made by 1 small, relatively unknown site, with bigger media groups like Breitbart. They mention that "Breitbart, Daily Caller and others pointed out that CNN lost lots of viewers". Then they conflate that with the other propaganda. But what Breitbart and Daily Caller reported was TRUE! CNN did lose a lot of viewers, and they've lost even more since! They go on and on with the partisan, pro CNN propaganda and demonization of the other media, although they didn't actually show any lies told by Breitbart or Daily Caller....

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-ratings-plunge/

I was just watching a CNN panel on Wolf Blitzer's show during the 6-7pm est slot, where they are continuing their 24/7 rant asking, "where's the Republican's proof of irregularities or fraud in Broward county"? But ironically, during that same panel discussion(which consisted of 5 partisan progressives btw), one of their regular panelists says, "the republicans only want to make elections more secure, to prevent poor people and black people from voting". Now, after ranting for a week demanding PROOF of irregularities from republicans, does anyone think that Wolfie B or any other CNN hosts will DEMAND PROOF of voter fraud or suppression from the democrats and progressive activists on their panels? We all know the answer, and its a big fat NO....:confused::doh:mrgreen:

As a result of CNN's hardcore anti-Republican bias, they've lost a LOT of viewers, as much as -35% year over year! So I did a search to see just how bad it is, and I came across a Snopes "fact check" site. Here, they have an article claiming that "right-leaning media orgs claim that CNN ratings plummet, and they will be closing their doors soon". They frame it in a way that makes it clear they are trying to accomplish 2 propaganda goals: 1). Falsely insinuate that several right leaning media orgs have made that false claim, can't be trusted etc, and 2). Provide cover for CNN, claim that they aren't politically biased, and try to recover some of CNN's lost credibility.

But when you read their fact check article, it's actually clear that only 1 "right leaning media org" made any such claim that CNN is going out of business, and that 1 media site isn't even a well known one, but they still threw in a few better known conservative media org's names to conflate the situation, despite later admitting that only 1 actually insinuated it. It's a site I've never heard of called Your News Wire. After doing a little searching to find out anything about that site, I found conversation that it may just be a semi-troll site, and it was probably more of a goof on CNN and their failed strategy of going hard-left all the time!

But they try to conflate the false insinuation made by 1 small, relatively unknown site, with bigger media groups like Breitbart. They mention that "Breitbart, Daily Caller and others pointed out that CNN lost lots of viewers". Then they conflate that with the other propaganda. But what Breitbart and Daily Caller reported was TRUE! CNN did lose a lot of viewers, and they've lost even more since! They go on and on with the partisan, pro CNN propaganda and demonization of the other media, although they didn't actually show any lies told by Breitbart or Daily Caller....

Oh no Radical Right Wingers claiming CNN has No ratings...Aren't you he same people that said the NFL was on it's last legs?...Please continue we need the laughs

Can we all just try to understand our views?

To the OP....Pot....meet Kettle

I watched Wolf Blitzer, and he was interviewing Sen Corey Gardner (Republican Colorado). He let Gardner go ON and ON, and rant and rave about the horrible things that Democrats were doing. This went on for about 1-1/2 minutes. Wolf never interrupted. Having not watched Wolf Blitzer much, at the time, I was thinking that he is very bias-leaning-Republican.

Oh no Radical Right Wingers claiming CNN has No ratings...Aren't you he same people that said the NFL was on it's last legs?...Please continue we need the laughs

Citation please.

It's all for the benefit of the useful idiots.

For example, we'll have forum members who will trot out these Snopes-type of fact checks to bolster their false claims. These members are the useful idiots who don't think for themselves, but have an agenda (Trump hatred for most of them) that is supported by those lying fact checkers.

It's no new concept that CNN is hurting itself with how it's been acting and recently it's been getting worse. We know that they are losing credibility and that they are losing viewers. I'm not going to say that it is by any means a huge loss for the media giant, but if left unchecked it could turn out to be far more substantial than what they could feasibly fear.

This whole spat with Acosta and having his pass revoked, not to mention the claim that the white house released a doctored video to frame him is a prime example of the crap that they've been repeatedly been trying to pull for the last three years. When the topic is Trump especially.

Fact check sites on the other hand are bound by some constraints when dealing with what they consider facts. Many of them have gone off chasing Trumps own Jokes and claim them to be lies, or they end up taking him too seriously when he is being facetious just for the hell of it.

I don't see anyone saying CNN has "No ratings". Are you Trump?

Thanks to this post, I think I'll watch CNN from now on, for the first time in over a decade. They sure trigger Trump and his fan nation. There has to be some good stuff there.

Back
Top Bottom